Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: The Fault In Our Line.

Options
  • 30-06-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi There,

I ordered a phone only package so I could get a new line into the house at the start of June. It was installed about a week ago but it wasn't installed properly; the phone won't hangup leaving the receiver able to hear. (I've checked with 3 different phones, all the same problem)

It has also effected the main line that was already in use before the new line was installed, where now when it hangs up the person hears "You have been put on hold" or simply does not hang up. Its clear it was 'botched up' in the process of installing this new line. The internet now disconnects when it receives a call. (Note : it only started to happen when the new line had been installed, I presume the line interfered with. I never had this problem beforehand.)

I called the Eircom Technician who installed the line back within 5 minutes of him leaving, Telling him about the fault quickly after he installed it but he said there was nothing more he could do as his device read out the number of the line. Another Technician was supposed to come out on Friday and Saturday  to fix this but never showed up. 

Then on friday I got a text saying there was a parcel on the way, which is a modem. Apparently I had ordered an add-on broadband package in the last week, to my knowledge I did not. 

Is there anyway I can cancel this off and go back to what I originally ordered and would you be able to give me a confirmed date for a technician to come out and fix the faults?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Hi There,

I ordered a phone only package so I could get a new line into the house at the start of June. It was installed about a week ago but it wasn't installed properly; the phone won't hangup leaving the receiver able to hear. (I've checked with 3 different phones, all the same problem)

It has also effected the main line that was already in use before the new line was installed, where now when it hangs up the person hears "You have been put on hold" or simply does not hang up. Its clear it was 'botched up' in the process of installing this new line. The internet now disconnects when it receives a call. (Note : it only started to happen when the new line had been installed, I presume the line interfered with. I never had this problem beforehand.)

I called the Eircom Technician who installed the line back within 5 minutes of him leaving, Telling him about the fault quickly after he installed it but he said there was nothing more he could do as his device read out the number of the line. Another Technician was supposed to come out on Friday and Saturday  to fix this but never showed up. 

Then on friday I got a text saying there was a parcel on the way, which is a modem. Apparently I had ordered an add-on broadband package in the last week, to my knowledge I did not. 

Is there anyway I can cancel this off and go back to what I originally ordered and would you be able to give me a confirmed date for a technician to come out and fix the faults?

Hi Tommyrawr

If you could PM me your eircom account number I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

I tried to get this sorted over the phone but its after taking nearly two months since I requested cancellation of the broadband and yet, its still not cancelled. The first time, I called the customer care agent said return the modem when it arrives and they would investigate the call for me to see if it was a valid broadband purchase. Clearly nothing was done, Got the bill for 120 when it should have been 30 then two weeks ago.

I got on the phone to your team immediately, who said they would set up a call listening to see if it was a valid purchase said it would take a max of 2 Days.Called back three days later and an agent said it hadn't been listened to yet but they would check it out for me and give me an estimate, which was Tuesday.

Just called back in today to see if its finally finished and now the notes that the agents have taken were "lost" and theres no record of them setting up a call recording even though i called in twice last week about it and they were able to see them just fine and do a follow up on it to see how long more it would take? If your systems are losing call notes thats pretty serious and ye would want to get it checked. Its getting a bit ridiculous at this stage. 

I tried to get this sorted over the phone but its after taking nearly two months since I requested cancellation of the broadband and yet, its still not cancelled. The first time, I called the customer care agent said return the modem when it arrives and they would investigate the call for me to see if it was a valid broadband purchase. Clearly nothing was done, Got the bill for 120 when it should have been 30 then two weeks ago.

I got on the phone to your team immediately, who said they would set up a call listening to see if it was a valid purchase said it would take a max of 2 Days.Called back three days later and an agent said it hadn't been listened to yet but they would check it out for me and give me an estimate, which was Tuesday.

Just called back in today to see if its finally finished and now the notes that the agents have taken were "lost" and theres no record of them setting up a call recording even though i called in twice last week about it and they were able to see them just fine and do a follow up on it to see how long more it would take? If your systems are losing call notes thats pretty serious and ye would want to get it checked. Its getting a bit ridiculous at this stage. 
    Hi Tommyrawr

I'm very sorry to hear this, I had previously asked you to PM me your account detail although I have not received this to date. If you could please PM me your account details I will be happy to look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Tommyrawr

I'm very sorry to hear this, I had previously asked you to PM me your account detail although I have not received this to date. If you could please PM me your account details I will be happy to look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry I didn't send the Ac number back then thought it would be quicker to do it over the phone.
    PM'd the account number earlier to your inbox.
    Thank You for looking into this, I appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Tommyrawr

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry I didn't send the Ac number back then thought it would be quicker to do it over the phone.
    PM'd the account number earlier to your inbox.
    Thank You for looking into this, I appreciate it.
    Hi Tommy,

Apologies for this. Al is on leave for the next week and I do not have access to his PM's. Please PM the account no. to myself and I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement

Hi Again,

I was speaking to a supervisor last week, said i should be able to get results from the call recording of the call regarding the broadband package which i did not order within 6 days max. I called back today to get the feedback from it, The "customer care" staff really don't seem to care. I could get more empathy from a rock.

From my experience calling for the past two months and talking to probably half your call centre at this stage, most of your staff are lacking interpersonal skills bar one or two who have been understanding how frustrating this has been.

The staff I was talking to today didn't even care enough to get my name/address to confirm I was the actual account holder after i gave the account number. For all he knew I could have been Queen Latifa or a Nigerian Prince. Some Data protection that is.

Anyhow, the feedback from the call listening still isn't back. I found out the case was just recreated for the third time on Monday and i would have to wait another 10-14 days according to another girl i was speaking to after the first guy who didn't even take my name. This waiting game has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Call listening sessions should be simple to find/set up and should be back within days not months. I'm not sure how your systems work but I've been in contact with systems that do the same function. The calls should have attributes linked to the employee ID and should be linked to the case number/customer account. Which should make it simple to find.

If not then you need to re-evaluate your systems, because losing case notes/call recordings is really not acceptable in this day and age unless your systems have been compromised and data lost because of that then its understandable reason. But for it just to disappear from the systems without trace is a bit worrying to say the least.

This entire process has been a complete joke.

Hi Again,

I was speaking to a supervisor last week, said i should be able to get results from the call recording of the call regarding the broadband package which i did not order within 6 days max. I called back today to get the feedback from it, The "customer care" staff really don't seem to care. I could get more empathy from a rock.

From my experience calling for the past two months and talking to probably half your call centre at this stage, most of your staff are lacking interpersonal skills bar one or two who have been understanding how frustrating this has been.

The staff I was talking to today didn't even care enough to get my name/address to confirm I was the actual account holder after i gave the account number. For all he knew I could have been Queen Latifa or a Nigerian Prince. Some Data protection that is.

Anyhow, the feedback from the call listening still isn't back. I found out the case was just recreated for the third time on Monday and i would have to wait another 10-14 days according to another girl i was speaking to after the first guy who didn't even take my name. This waiting game has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Call listening sessions should be simple to find/set up and should be back within days not months. I'm not sure how your systems work but I've been in contact with systems that do the same function. The calls should have attributes linked to the employee ID and should be linked to the case number/customer account. Which should make it simple to find.

If not then you need to re-evaluate your systems, because losing case notes/call recordings is really not acceptable in this day and age unless your systems have been compromised and data lost because of that then its understandable reason. But for it just to disappear from the systems without trace is a bit worrying to say the least.

Hi Tommyrawr,

I see this is still under investigation, the advised lead time for complaints and call recordings is up to 10 working days. I can understand the disappointment created by the wait however as soon as this has been investigated in full you will be contacted.

Thanks

Al

Hi Again,

Hi Tommyrawr,

I see this is still under investigation, the advised lead time for complaints and call recordings is up to 10 working days. I can understand the disappointment created by the wait however as soon as this has been investigated in full you will be contacted.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response but where have the past two cases gone? The first call recording case is two months old but has disappeared, and the second one I have been waiting way more than 10 business days and should have feedback by now. I don't see why there had to be a third one set up?

Thanks,
    Tommy

Hi Alan,

Its been 10 working days since the 3rd case was set up on Monday the 11th,
    I'm just wondering has there been anything back yet?

Thanks,
    Tommy

Just called again, they haven't listened to the call yet. The guy I spoke to said it would usually be done in 2-3 days maximum.He has added another note to my account. Is the call listening department closed during the summer or something?

Is there any other way to listen to calls, surely managers should be able to in order to give feedback to staff on how they're doing and Is there anything I can possibly do in order to get this resolved quicker, I've been waiting now close to 3 months and am still getting billed for services i'm not using.

• Advertisement
Advertisement