Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am I pregnant?!? fingers crossed

Options
  • 30-06-2014 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

My cycle us usually 27 or 28 days. Today is day 28 and no sign of period

This may be tmi but bad taste in mouth, feel quesy, wind, more hungry, cramps. Yesterday I hsd pain in lower back. And when peed there was a tiny bit of mucus on the toilet paper

Really want to be pregnant. What do people think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Those symptoms look promising but no-one can tell you if you're pregnant, just do a test. First response is the most sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

Sorry only now seeing your message. Thank you

Tested and not positive. So so sad. Got the clearblue test And tested an hr ago

.Cant believe it. No period. Cramps in stomach. Peeing often. Feel sick. Pain in back this morning

#broken

Dolbert wrote: »
    Those symptoms look promising but no-one can tell you if you're pregnant, just do a test. First response is the most sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You're not out yet! Clearblue aren't actually that sensitive even though they're recommended a lot on here. Give it another few days and test again, with first pee of the day

If id seen ur message before I went to the chemist this morning I would have bought first response. Will pick up first response this evening and test in morning if I still havent taken my period

Thanks again x

Found this list on another forum re the sensitivity of different brands:First Response Early Result - 12.5 mIU
    Tesco Own Brand - 25 mIU
    Boots Own Brand - 50 mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50 mIUSurprising about the Clearblue and Boots ones!

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    You're not out yet! Clearblue aren't actually that sensitive even though they're recommended a lot on here. Give it another few days and test again, with first pee of the day
    This might be T.M.I
    About 20 min I had a pee and wiped. There was a speck of like.... light brown discharge. Had another pee and nothing now
    What is goin on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

You are probably getting your period. It's very cruel but many early pregnancy symptoms are also menstrual. We've gotten our hopes up a few times but trust me it's not worth it. Try not to focus on it so much, easier said than done I know.

Thanks for your comment audi12. Not sure what your story is but thats your business Me and my husband are in a very happy marriage. Thats why we want children

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Hi petals,

myself and the missus used Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Tests. I also downloaded an app called 'mydays' and stuck in period dates there.

Between the two we got a good indicator of when to make special boom boom time.

I made sure we took it handy in the gym, ate and slept well. I even took annual leave days. All helped with being really up for it when the time arrived.

Thankfully we were successful, the clearblue tests really helped.

The main thing is to keep positive and plan it like a date night - not a to do task. I cannot emphasise this part enough.

Thanks so so much for your message.

Still no period today. No cramping. Dont feel sick anymore either. Not sure what goin on but will prob take my period in few days. Usually im always day 27. Day 29 now

Anyhow thanks again
    Triangla wrote: »
    Hi petals,

myself and the missus used Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Tests. I also downloaded an app called 'mydays' and stuck in period dates there.

Between the two we got a good indicator of when to make special boom boom time.

I made sure we took it handy in the gym, ate and slept well. I even took annual leave days. All helped with being really up for it when the time arrived.

Thankfully we were successful, the clearblue tests really helped.

The main thing is to keep positive and plan it like a date night - not a to do task. I cannot emphasise this part enough.
    You are probably getting your period. It's very cruel but many early pregnancy symptoms are also menstrual. We've gotten our hopes up a few times but trust me it's not worth it. Try not to focus on it so much, easier said than done I know.

• Advertisement

Still no period today. Two days late. Usually im like clock work . Cramps are gone. Dont feel sick. Prob take period in few days but thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I know it's no help, but stressing about period and trying to conceive can mess up your cycle too. I've certainly been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

hi
    Trust me your not out until AF arrives! I too had a "Gut Feeling" that I was pregnant this month (even tho I didn't get a chance to get my OPKs this month), I just tested and I got my BFP!! I haven't told anyone yet I'm in Shock lol!! I bought 10 cheap hpt 2 weeks ago. I tested everyday, they came back BFNs! I still felt preggars so I just kept testing! Well yesterday I got a veery faint positive I posted it in countdown to pregnancy Today I tested again and Bamb BFP!! My CP is high and closed! I feel very nauseous, sore BBs, Gassy, I actually have Diahoria. I don't care lol I just hope I have a sticky bean!! So don't give up!

Skylar X

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pfenno

Hey ladies, First time to post on this. I have one kid already, she is 13. Me and my hubby have been TTC for over 2 years. Right now I have sore bbs, cramping slightly (especially in the scar from my c-section, that is v sore), nauseous on and off, headaches, irritable, feeling like I want to cry..... Really hope we are lucky this time. :) fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

I've symptoms since I ovulated this month but my brain is a pain in the a**e and has convinced me I was pregnant many times. Doesn't stop me analysing though. I hate this two week wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pfenno

I know what you mean NewYork1979, your head would be melted, and no matter how many times you tell yourself to forget about it, it will happen if its to happen, but you still over analyse....
    We have to try stay positive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

Since I ovulated this month, I've had nausea, a metallic taste, bloatedness, cramps, tiredness but oh it's probably a flipping quirk of my brain and body!!!!!! I still have the symptoms, only 5 dpo now.

Advertisement