Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No period and negative test.

Options
  • 30-06-2014 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

For the last 6 months I've been getting regular periods. Was due on 5 days ago and nothing.... Two negative tests tho. Just used tesco ones but surely would of been fine esp today! 😔 any idea what's happening??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Nicky987 wrote: »
    For the last 6 months I've been getting regular periods. Was due on 5 days ago and nothing.... Two negative tests tho. Just used tesco ones but surely would of been fine esp today! 😔 any idea what's happening??

Best bet is going to the GP if you're in early pregnancy the tests you do at home won't pick up on it because you're not producing enough of the pregnancy hormone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

What do people find the best pregnancy tests? This one is from first day of missed period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

You *should* be getting a positive by now on most tests 5 days after missed peroid. Tesco ones are pretty sensitive. They can detect 25hcg. It can be a bit if a cycle where you are overly stressed that your period hasn't come which is delaying it. If you are worried make an appointment with your gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I agree with orchids pretty, you should be getting a positive on an at home test. Have you tested first thing in the morning? The doctors tests are exactly the same as over the counter tests, I can't stress that enough.

As for tests, I've found clearblue fine for early indicating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Clearblue is better than the gp tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

My period is like clockwork always on time, except for last month I was 10 days late, took two pregnancy tests and both
    were negative, still don't know what delayed it but I guess these things can happen, I really think by
    now any pregnancy test would have picked up a positive

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

I myself was due my period either yesterday or today. Nothing. Only ttc since last month. Took a clearblue test this morn and it was negative. Feel different now compared to when id be taking my period. Not sure what goin on

Apparently first response is a good test to pick up so goin to get tjat test this evenin

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My cycles were on time and regular, I got a positive on what I thought was week 7 turns out I was only 5 weeks. I was testing non stop until I got positive or period. I felt pregnant (second pregnancy) I knew for ages before was confirmed. Doctor asked when I was been scanned if I got the positive right away as I was showing 2 weeks behind and because I was late getting positive she said I ovulated late

I don't want to build false hope but that's how it happened for me. I used Dunne's own brand test

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Period arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WineAndBoobies

I'm the same, TTC this month, period is now 11 days late and I've been having symptoms of it arriving for weeks.

I've taken 3 tests and they are all negative. I'm never this late so does anyone have any idea what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I'm the same, TTC this month, period is now 11 days late and I've been having symptoms of it arriving for weeks.

I've taken 3 tests and they are all negative. I'm never this late so does anyone have any idea what is going on.

Happened to my girlfriend when she got pregnant.. She felt like she was staring her period but it never came.. Could just be unusually late.. If it doesn't arrive soon could try the doctor.. Remember that you need to use the test first thing in the morning that's when the pregnancy hormone is most present

Advertisement