Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need rented apartment for sick relative

Options
  • 30-06-2014 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a few queries regarding the above:

1) Am I right in assuming that I can legitimately ask my tenants to leave if it is needed for a member of my immediate family?

2) What are the tax implications of having a family member in the apartment?

3) The tenants have been in the house for nearly 2 years. Is the notice period as per the standard guidelines or does this constitute a special case?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

1. Yes, as long as you give the required notice period as per the regulations.

2. Are you charging rent to your family member? If so, it's the same as anyone else renting it. If not, there could be an impact on the mortgage interest relief (not sure, someone could correct me on this)

3. See 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

1. Yes, as long as you give the required notice period as per the regulations.

2. Are you charging rent to your family member? If so, it's the same as anyone else renting it. If not, there could be an impact on the mortgage interest relief (not sure, someone could correct me on this)

3. See 1.

We would not be charging rent but the person would be paying all other bills ie service charge etc

Advertisement