Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 1st Jul 19:00 BEN2 Brown Bag Utd

Options
  • 30-06-2014 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

We need to push on

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    SteK
    SteMcd
    Julius
    Heggo
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

in

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Cillian - in
    Conor - work
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - inj
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - In
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - In
    Julius - in
    Heggo - out
    Brian
    Dave - in

• Advertisement

We've really struggled to score on this pitch the last few games there. Should we approach this game any differently?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    We've really struggled to score on this pitch the last few games there. Should we approach this game any differently?

Yes.

I'm playing as the lone striker :pac:

I think in this game we need to trust the defense.
    There is always a massive game between midfield and Derek and he's trying to hold off 3/4 lads when the ball gets up to him.

The defense need to manage the defending and let the midfielders support Derek more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thank God you said this as I would have been standing up in Colmcilles at 7 wondering where all you fúckers were :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Less crossing more direct passing up to me these lads aren't great I'll or whoever is up with me steo or Dave will be able to turn the centre halves and at least make them commit to a challenge in dangerous positions.
    With the heat players are gonna get tired real quick as well, hopefully we have numbers up tonight.
    Also don't forget to bring plenty of water have some near the general area of the pitch you will be at for quick drinks in between plays it's gonna be a hot ass day

mrDerek wrote: »
    Less crossing more direct passing up to me these lads aren't great I'll or whoever a up with me steo it Dave will be able to turn the centre halves and at least make them commit to a challenge in dangerous positions.
    With the heat players are gonna get tired real quick as well hopefully we have numbers up tonight
    Also don't forget to bring plenty of water have some near the general area of the pitch you will be at for quick drinks in between plays gonna be a hot ass day

Cooling Breaks :pac:

Seriously we should all go up to the ref and ask for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

thought i'd text back but i guess not. in anyway.

i think the most important thing on this pitch is just that we have subs to roll on/off, all the more on a hot day like today.

Kings is in

good win, Derek with a hattrick i think?

Tougher tests ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good job boys.

3-0 win?

BNY and Ballalley were playing each other, draw wouldnt be a bad result there.

good job boys.

3-0 win?

BNY and Ballalley were playing each other, draw wouldnt be a bad result there.

nah 6-1 (i think)
    Derek with an OG :eek:
    and me with a penalty save :D

think it ended 5 - 1
    Me x3
    Dave x1
    Kings x1
    Derek x-1

Ball alley won 5-4 must have been a thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mrDerek wrote: »
    Ball alley won 5-4 must have been a thriller

234 goals in our league already this season, that pitch in Colmcilles just leads to goals.

thats an average of 9 goals in every two games :eek:

well its easier to score when the ball doesnt bounce a 100 times before it gets to you :O
    Anyone else wondering why we are playing far more 7 o clock games than anyone else? like weve already played a load of them and in our last 6 games we have 3 7 Ko's 4 if you include the cup fs ;/

We used the extra space well tonight - moved it about well and played some nice simple passes.

A tiny bit of negativity at times which was weird as we were always very comfortable. Didn't cost us anything tonight as we were so far ahead but in a close game against top opposition it could really hurt us. It'd be great if we could stay positive when something goes against us.

Nice hat-trick Derek - you're kinda taking the piss a little bit in the top scorer race. More than twice the number of goals than the next highest.

• Advertisement

We used the extra space well tonight - moved it about well and played some nice simple passes.

A tiny bit of negativity at times which was weird as we were always very comfortable. Didn't cost us anything tonight as we were so far ahead but in a close game against top opposition it could really hurt us. It'd be great if we could stay positive when something goes against us.

Nice hat-trick Derek - you're kinda taking the piss a little bit in the top scorer race. More than twice the number of goals than the next highest.

cheers the goals 30 but with 6 tough games coming up gna be hard :P either way as long as we win it doesnt matter who scores the goals :)

234 goals in our league already this season, that pitch in Colmcilles just leads to goals.

So many goals this season, in fact, in any game where we haven't scored 3 or more goals we haven't won :eek:

Derek, your current Goals Per Game Ratio is 1.67 Goals Per Game (played 12).

If you play the remaining six games, at that strike rate, your target is 30.

You currently have 2 runs of 4 games consecutively scoring

You have scored 3 hat-tricks and 5 braces, and have scored 2 penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paradigm

Derek, your current Goals Per Game Ratio is 1.67 Goals Per Game (played 12).

If you play the remaining six games, at that strike rate, your target is 30.

You currently have 2 runs of 4 games consecutively scoring

You have scored 3 hat-tricks and 5 braces, and have scored 2 penalties.

Slurp

Advertisement