Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropdowns top right of screen not working

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:09am
    Moderators Posts: 51,772 ✭✭✭✭

The dropdowns for "My Forums" and the one where it usually shows updated thread count (also not visible) are not working.

WinXP with Firefox 30.0.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,772 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Problem now gone for me. Was logged in for 30mins and it magically fixed itself on a refresh of a page.

So good job if you folk fixed it. If not, Casper is loose in the machine :eek::P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I know this is marked as resolved, so I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, but I'm having this problem as described above atm.

I'm normally signed in automatically when I turn on my machine, but today I signed out (wanted to post anonymously) and then signed back in again. Only now that I've signed back in the dropdowns aren't visible. I'm using mozilla and didn't go near my settings, literally the only thing I did was sign out and back in :confused:

I've seen this issue on other shared computers too, but I'm never on them for long enough or frequently enough for it to bother me (or to take note of any details except that I do log in on them each time as opposed to staying automatically signed in).

Update: This seems to be working again this morning... was playing around with logging in different ways, so not sure if that did it! It ended up working when I logged out, went to log back in, but didn't tick the 'keep me logged in' box, at that point I still had the same problem but it went away when I closed the tab and opened a new one. So it's a bit of a weird intermittant issue it seems...

Further update: when my session expired I had the same problem again when I logged back in ticking the 'keep me logged in' box. It resolved itself again when I didn't tick this box when logging in, but again had to close the tab and open a new one after log in. Any way to keep this feature while being able to stay logged in? Only a minor annoyance, but would rather not have to log in repeated if I can avoid it...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement