Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Alert

• 30-06-2014 10:09am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Found on Facebook
    URGENT: Heads up for a royal blue Ford Transit Van reg # CEZ 5765. There was three men in the truck and I fell for the good price of €350 on fixing a small area of our roof. Long story short, their form of extortion was by removing 41 roof tiles, each 18" X 12" from the roof leaving part of the attic open to the elements. Then told me an outrageous price which was over 6 times the amount quoted yesterday. I had paid them some money yesterday, I borrowed from a neighbour and thought the job would be done today but then told they couldn't do anything until I came up with an additional €1000 they wanted today to get materials to finish the job. There would have also been further balance due. They left and not seen again. So now we have a roof open to the elements and no money to fix it. If you see the van in a driveway and know the homowner, give them a call to see if they are ok, I have already reported them to the Garda station in Ennis and can do nothing about the money already paid but wanted to warn others
    Taken from Ennis Town Forum.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spotted-In-Clare/593817660706756?ref=stream

Something to watch out for.

Advertisement