Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a Mortgage?

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

HI,

My OH and I are both BOI customers. We want to ask about a mortgage, we assume that we need to make an appointment with our local branch...
    Just wondering if we need to bring any documents or if there is anything we can do to speed up the process ?

Don't know if we will qualify, are there requirements for a BOI mortgage?
    How long does it take for approval?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

You need proof of income good to have proof of your other savings ie post office or credit union. I did this just 6 months ago and I got accepted by Ulster bank be sure to shop around and banks normally you have 3 to 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Thanks, do we need payslips for the last few months ?

Both of our wages get paid into our BOI current accounts... would that info suffice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Sadderday,

Thanks for getting in touch and considering Bank of Ireland for your mortgage needs.

We have various options available to apply for a mortgage or to speak to a Mortgage Advisor. You can request a return call here. Alternatively, if you would like to send us a pm with your full name and contact phone number, we can arrange for an advisor to call you. 

Another option is to visit our Mortgage Store here where you can complete the entire process online without having to take time to visit a branch.

You may also find our YouTube channel helpful as we have several videos with tips and information on applying for a mortgage. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement