Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Castlebar to Galway

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

How many people are doing this on a daily basis?

Is it really feasible long-term and how long does it generally take summer & winter?

Job will be in Mervue Industrial

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Do it indeed, have been for the last 2 years. I do work from home a couple of days per week depending on requirements.
    I leave the house at around 6.50 and I am in Ballybrit at just before 8am, traffic is generally fine until Headford or just before, then your in a straight line of traffic, bar a few loons who over take! :)
    In the evening I leave work at 5 and I am home at 6.20.
    So you are talking at hour in the morning and hour and half in the evening. Its pretty consistent winter and summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ah ok so your talking hour and 20 max usually.

Any idea of the weekly petrol cost assuming a 5 day a week commute?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Ah ok so your talking hour and 20 max usually.

Any idea of the weekly petrol cost assuming a 5 day a week commute?

I have a diesel, wouldn't have a petrol doing that commute to be honest with you.

http://www.carculator.ie/#!figures
    http://www.theaa.ie/routes/#

The route planner there you can change the figures to enter the price you pay for fuel and the MPG of the car.
    Mine is saying it costs me 14 euros round trip, so in my own case its around 45 euro per week for the 3 days I make the trip.

Advertisement