Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else?

Options
  • 30-06-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

After giving birth to my second baby in 12 months and the weather been nice kinda has me feeling horrible. Feel flumpy and lumpy and can't walk around in a huddy with the heat...
    Now I am back into all my old clothes 10 weeks on and I go to a personal trainer once a week but still can't see any improvement or feel any better.. Feels like a struggle, anyone else feeling icky in this weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Yeah feel fairly crap too even though I'm at my pre pregnancy weight I still feel 'wide' if that makes sense. My love handles and hips in particular. I reckon I would to lose a stone to be really happy!! Also all these bloody bbqs we are going to with the gorgeous weather. Lots of big burgers, sausages, mayo laden 'salads', beer, wine!!! Aaaggghhh! I was planning on going for a walk today but I'm just exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yep. But i still have loads of weight to lose so feel awkward wearing strapy tops and shorts etc. Plus not much i can do to lose the weight as still seeing physio for spd (13weeks since baba was born) and she has limited the excercise i can do. And not helping as has been said with bbqs and picnics. . Ugh. And every tine 2 year old climbs up to sit on my lap she squshes that bit of extra belly. Talk about bringing it to my attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I was feeling like this but started feeling a good bit better lately. I put the 2 babies in the double buggy in the morning around 10am (before it gets warm), and go walking for an hr or 1.5 hours. I find it makes me feel great. The kids are in buggy outside moving so usually no crying (thank god!). And the weight finally seems to be falling off me! I put on 3 st and an nearly back to normal. Youngest is 14weeks today. It took ages for me to get motivated to go for the walk but when in the routine it's great and I don't feel right now unless I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm back to the pre baby weight after having two within 15 months but I need to tone up very badly. I find my diet some days can leave a lot to be desired. One thing I recommend is doing some sort of a class once a week, I find I'm more likely to get proper exercise in when I've done a good hour of a workout. I also recommend getting out for a good walk every day, for mental health if nothing else. And I'm going to treat myself to a personal shopping trip when I'm back at work so I can dress properly for my new shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yep, I feel the same. Going back to work next week and I'm dreading going shopping for work clothes. Having said that I'm no heavier now than I was before I got pregnant - but I hate my flabby tummy ... and the stretchmarks, I don't have many, but I hate them. And my boobs seem smaller than they used to be, for some reason, which makes my belly look even worse! I'll hopefully lose some weight when I'm back at work and in a proper routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea I get out as much as I can walking and have 2 and half hour work out every Saturday morning.. Just still feel like belly will never be normal again..need to work harder on that..

Has to be the worst of having spring/summer babies...

What does the trainer have you doing?
    Could you squeeze in one or even two more sessions a week?
    I have never worked out for 2.5 hours, I do very high intensity 45 minutes three times a week instead. It's easier to schedule as it's a far quicker workout and in all honesty it's about quality and not quantity. I do two sessions on the way into work and one at the weekend when DH is around.

Weight training, TRX or circuits are fantastic for losing fat (flab!) and working muscles, which burn calories for longer and also change your body shape in a good way.

Weight isn't a great indicator of body fat percentage, and that's the one to work on! My weight post baby was the same as pre-pregnancy but I felt like a blob and my body fat percentage wasn't good.
    Weight training with a personal trainer completely changed that.

The week days are no good hubby only gets home at half 7 and he's training 2 evenings himself as he does Muay Thai. I'm doing cardio and fitness and my arms and legs are doing great its all the rest that ain't... So saturdays my only day and 2-2.5 hours is his regular times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yeah, tummy and hips are a different shape alright.

And i don't know how people are getting out to do classes. Husband isn't home here either before 7 or 7:30. Putting kids to bed is done around 8:30, and then I'm usually getting a shower in, prep for morning (pack school lunches, make bottles) and go to sleep.

Just a different shape now I suppose. I'm thinking about a corset! :D

My DH gets home between 7.30-8pm too.
    What I did before I returned to work was get a workout in first thing in the morning, before he left for work.
    Alternatively, I'd do it when he's home in the evenings. It didn't take me too long to do the bits around the house and I could shower when I finished the exercise.

It is easier to fit it in on the way to, or home, from work now.

• Advertisement

I really think there ain't enough hours in the week and weekends disappear so fast its hateful.. With two teething babies that like to nap all over the shop in this weather its a struggle to eat when I've clothes and bottles to do. So I'm greatful for the Saturday morning just would love another day too maybe a Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I really think there ain't enough hours in the week and weekends disappear so fast its hateful.. With two teething babies that like to nap all over the shop in this weather its a struggle to eat when I've clothes and bottles to do. So I'm greatful for the Saturday morning just would love another day too maybe a Wednesday

I hear ya on that one! I've just had my dinner and its the first thing I've eaten all day except for 2 chocolate biscuits at 12 noon!

If they do nap at the one time there's too much to get done to do something for myself.. Then kids go to bed by half 7 and whatever wasn't done needs to be.. Before I know it its 11 and I'm wreacked!

Poor kiddies are both teething its all drool here

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I'm only 5 weeks post section so I know it's early days but my post-pregnancy tummy/waistline is a bit of a shock. I've nearly all the weight itself gone (I didn't put on a huge amount) but I'm a totally different shape. Nothing fits me and I feel very frumpy in this lovely weather.

I've a family wedding at the end of the summer so I need to do something about it by early August so I can look for an outfit. I've been out walking the roads and I'm hoping at my 6-week checkup to get the go-ahead to do some toning exercise like pilates - I will have to motivate myself to do them at home. Ideally I'd like to get out running for 30-40 minutes 3 times a week but I can't imagine running while breastfeeding as my boobs just feel so big and sensitive! My sports bras wouldn't go near me at the moment - I might have to pick up some cheap gear somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

I am not a woman but sick of this weather wish it would feck off its not spain were livng in

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I use the youtube 30 day shred (level 1) by Jillian Michaels. It's 20 minutes and I try to do it every day. It's great and me getting 20 minutes to focus on me in the day isn't much so I don't feel one bit guilty the ironing isn't done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I use the youtube 30 day shred (level 1) by Jillian Michaels. It's 20 minutes and I try to do it every day. It's great and me getting 20 minutes to focus on me in the day isn't much so I don't feel one bit guilty the ironing isn't done.

I know loads of people who have lost the baby weight with that ... I started it but gave up after a few days, must try it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's different for me as my 'baby' is 14 months and I think the wideness across the hips only goes away around 12 months. I went to pilates, do my pelvic floor exercises as a weak floor can give you a saggy belly and I recently cut out all carbs. That's been the biggest factor in finally ditching those stubborn few pounds that were off and back on again constantly.

All the ladies with very young babies just remember how recently you gave birth. I definitely believe in 9 months on/9 months off but if there's still any biccies, cake, chocolate hanging around from the visitors throw it all out. It's very easy to snack on that stuff when you're at home and feeling very tired.

It's different for me as my 'baby' is 14 months and I think the wideness across the hips only goes away around 12 months. I went to pilates, do my pelvic floor exercises as a weak floor can give you a saggy belly and I recently cut out all carbs. That's been the biggest factor in finally ditching those stubborn few pounds that were off and back on again constantly.

All the ladies with very young babies just remember how recently you gave birth. I definitely believe in 9 months on/9 months off but if there's still any biccies, cake, chocolate hanging around from the visitors throw it all out. It's very easy to snack on that stuff when you're at home and feeling very tired.

Going to just remember this post and none of the rest talking about being at their pre pregnancy weight. Starting pilates myself tomorrow so hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

God I'm sorry that was probably a bit insensitive to say I was at my prevpregnancy weight. I also should have said I had my baby nearly 9 months ago!
    I do Pilates and it's a great exercise hope you like it.

• Advertisement

God I'm sorry that was probably a bit insensitive to say I was at my prevpregnancy weight. I also should have said I had my baby nearly 9 months ago!
    I do Pilates and it's a great exercise hope you like it.

Ha ha no. This is baba 2 and with baba 1 the weight fell off. But this time im very restricted as still having flare ups of spd and still seeing physio. So she wont let me start any excercise (other than pilates) . And only allowed do it now since he is 3 months. I think the most annoyibg thing is clothes. Ive hardly any that fit comfortably but i dont want to buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I know loads of people who have lost the baby weight with that ... I started it but gave up after a few days, must try it again!

You will see (and definitely feel) the results very very quickly so you should definitely pick it up again if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

2 days into that... My thighs are sore! Icky squats.

Baby was laughing her head off watching me do it though, so at least it entertains her.

I'm so gonna look into this magical video.. Need to do something more

Advertisement