Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BOI current account

Options
  • 30-06-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi - I closed my current account one month ago but never received a statement showing my closing balance.  As far as I understand I am entitled to a free statement for the last 12 months transactions.

I rang 365 online but they said that they could not find my account because it is closed.   In the past I received my statements electronically.

Any chance you can investigate why I never received a statement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

xavi wrote: »
    Hi - I closed my current account one month ago but never received a statement showing my closing balance.  As far as I understand I am entitled to a free statement for the last 12 months transactions.

I rang 365 online but they said that they could not find my account because it is closed.   In the past I received my statements electronically.

Any chance you can investigate why I never received a statement?
    Hi xavi, 

Thanks for the post.

If you were signed up for E-statements, you would have needed to to switch back to paper statements online before closing your account; otherwise you statement would have issued as an E-statement.

To request a copy of this please contact your account holding branch directly.

Here is our branch locator to help you.

Janette 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi xavi, 

I just wanted to check in with you and see if you arranged to have your closing statement sent out? If not, please send a PM with your name, the branch where your account was opened and we will look into it. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement