Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating LC from over seas?

• 30-06-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey guys,
    I have a few questions about how I would go about repeating LC maths from Australia.
    I am thinking of joining the army and it requires a pass in OL maths. I have googled it and so far everything that comes up pretty much says i have to at least be in the country. is there an online course available? Could i sit the Australian equivalent and just add it to my irish LC?

If anybody has any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated,

Regards
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

smiley2742 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I have a few questions about how I would go about repeating LC maths from Australia.
    I am thinking of joining the army and it requires a pass in OL maths. I have googled it and so far everything that comes up pretty much says i have to at least be in the country. is there an online course available? Could i sit the Australian equivalent and just add it to my irish LC?

If anybody has any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated,

Regards
    Ciaran

There is no online equivalent for Leaving Cert. The Australian leaving cert is called the HSC ( high school certificate). I would assume your best bet would be to contact army recruitment and ask them if the Australian qualification would be acceptable. If it is get that confirmation in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

^^ That makes the best sense to me too Ciaran, I'm sure they will accept the local equivalent.

I agree though about getting it in writing; don't take "ah yeah it'll be grand!" over the phone, armies tend to be even more mired in red-tape and bureaucratic inconsistencies than the average public service organisation (and they're all terrible for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

thanks for the replies guys. il ring them and ask :)

Advertisement