Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation

Options
  • 30-06-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

HI all ,not sure if i'm on the right thread but i need to get extra insulation done in my ten year old house .Any one get a good job done that might suggest a particular company or person to do it.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

all depends on where you are, what your house is constructed from. There might be more easier things to fix e.g. reseal windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

I used www.shannoninsulations.com recently. Very professional and good job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

puddles59 wrote: »
    HI all ,not sure if i'm on the right thread but i need to get extra insulation done in my ten year old house .Any one get a good job done that might suggest a particular company or person to do it.Thanks

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

TheDriver wrote: »
    all depends on where you are, what your house is constructed from. There might be more easier things to fix e.g. reseal windows.
    Yup. BEFORE you touch your insulation, make sure you have eliminated draughts! All the insulation in the world will be defeated by draughts. When you're happy that there are no more draughts (check door & windows, not just the openings but under window sills etc. Make sure there's no draught coming from your attic door (use a seal on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

thanks so much i will certainly do that.cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 linema81

Hi,

i would recomend a guy specificly with the insulation experience, we been quoted price range per square meters by few diff companies, but eventully signed with a builder called Anto, he work was the moset efficiant and cheapest with very high quality.

If you interesting let me know can send a number

• Registered Users Posts: 16 linema81

Hi,

I would recomend a guy specificly with the insulation experience, we been quoted price range per square meters by few diff companies, but eventully signed with a builder called Anto, he's work was the most efficiant and cheapest with very high quality.

If you interesting let me know I can send a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

www.premierinsulations.com travel all over Ireland and they have 25% off at the moment

Advertisement