Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends and Family offer - end date?

Options
  • 30-06-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a voucher code for Friends and Family which gives me the below

[font=arial, sans-serif]Enjoy eTalk, eFibre superfast broadband with free connection, free landline and mobile calls all for just €30 per month. Add eVision to that package and experience FREE TV for one year![/font]

However my current contract with Vodafone is up until the 14th July.

Can you tell me if this offer will still be available on the 14th as I heard it was finishing today the 30th June. I want to sign up but I don’t want to incur a cancelation fee from Vodafone

Would appreciate a response today as I need to know what to do !!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

[font=arial, sans-serif]Enjoy eTalk, eFibre superfast broadband with free connection, free landline and mobile calls all for just €30 per month. Add eVision to that package and experience FREE TV for one year![/font]

Can you tell me if this offer will still be available on the 14th as I heard it was finishing today the 30th June. I want to sign up but I don’t want to incur a cancelation fee from Vodafone

Thanks
    Hi BionicRasher

Not to worry- there's no end date in sight at the moment but there could be an update on this in September.

When you are out of contract you will need to transfer to eircom before signing up to the offer - to switch to eircom call sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi BionicRasher

Not to worry- there's no end date in sight at the moment but there could be an update on this in September.

When you are out of contract you will need to transfer to eircom before signing up to the offer - to switch to eircom call sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al
    Thats great thanks
    So on the 15th July do I just call the free phone number and switch to Eircom or do I do it via the email link I have with the code? 

I got an email with a link and a code and my friend told me that I had to sign up online to get the offer

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi BionicRasher

Thanks
    Al
    Thats great thanks
    So on the 15th July do I just call the free phone number and switch to Eircom or do I do it via the email link I have with the code? 

I got an email with a link and a code and my friend told me that I had to sign up online to get the offer

Thanks
    No worries BionicRasher

The service needs to be with eircom first - this will require calling sales and requesting transfer to eircom - once the line and broadband is back with eircom you then place the order using the code.

Thanks
    Al

No worries BionicRasher

The service needs to be with eircom first - this will require calling sales and requesting transfer to eircom - once the line and broadband is back with eircom you then place the order using the code.

Thanks
    Al

Will that mean I will be without broadband for any time during the switch? I need it for work so cannot be without for more than half a day tips

No worries BionicRasher

Thanks
    Al

Will that mean I will be without broadband for any time during the switch? I need it for work so cannot be without for more than half a day tips
    Hi BionicRasher

If you arrange a regular switch to eircom fro line and regular broadband the following will happen:

• Within 5 days your line comes to eircom

• Within 10 days after your line comes to eircom your broadband will follow suit (during this 10 day period broadband will work with vodafone and should seamlessly switch over)
    • When both the line and broadband are back you then request the efibre migration.
    [*]

If you follow the process I have detailed you should not have any loss of broadband whatsoever - however it's important you do not instruct vodafone to cease your account - just let eircom take it over.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi BionicRasher

If you arrange a regular switch to eircom fro line and regular broadband the following will happen:

• Within 10 days after your line comes to eircom your broadband will follow suit (during this 10 day period broadband will work with vodafone and should seamlessly switch over)
    • When both the line and broadband are back you then request the efibre migration.
    [*]

If you follow the process I have detailed you should not have any loss of broadband whatsoever - however it's important you do not instruct vodafone to cease your account - just let eircom take it over.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al
    Spoke to a rep tonight and they have said that requesting Eircom to take the line back before I sign up for the offer is going to be messy and will cause me to possibly have a few days outage.
    Should I just go ahead and order the offer online and it will switch to Eircom automatically?

Tbh they didn't understand how I could switch to Eircom without signing up for an offer and the offer I have is online only.....

Confused!

Hi BionicRasher

[*]

Thanks
    Al
    [*]

Hi Al
    Spoke to a rep tonight and they have said that requesting Eircom to take the line back before I sign up for the offer is going to be messy and will cause me to possibly have a few days outage.
    Should I just go ahead and order the offer online and it will switch to Eircom automatically?

Tbh they didn't understand how I could switch to Eircom without signing up for an offer and the offer I have is online only.....

Confused!
    [*]
    Hi BionicRasher

I think it would be best if we discussed this over a call :)

Do you want to PM me your mobile number and I'll call today?

Al

Hi BionicRasher

[*]

Thanks
    Al

[*]

Hi Al

Confused!

[*]
    Hi BionicRasher

Al
    [*]
    PM sent
    Thanks for taking the time to look into this

Hi BionicRasher

[*]

Thanks
    Al

[*]

Hi Al

Confused!

[*]
    Hi BionicRasher

Al

[*]
    PM sent
    Thanks for taking the time to look into this
    [*]
    Thanks BionicRasher

I'll get back to your PM very shortly

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I got this set up today. Ordered early last week online using the email link. No downtime in broadband and evision was up and running about 8/9 hours later. We'll impressed with everything

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    I got this set up today. Ordered early last week online using the email link. No downtime in broadband and evision was up and running about 8/9 hours later. We'll impressed with everything

Sounds good. Were you with another provider? I spoke to Amy today in Eircom and she told me that I should order away online and the switch will happen seamlessly as you have outlined above. Going to sign up this weekend and give it a go.

Did you get the TV also?
    Edit..... Spotted you did get eVision.

Yeah got the TV, not a lot of channels so might add to that for €6 to get more for the kids. 
    Was previously with utv then moved over to vodafone as they bought utv's customers. Wasn't good from the start so switched it over to eircom for this package and couldn't be happier

matchthis wrote: »
    Yeah got the TV, not a lot of channels so might add to that for €6 to get more for the kids. 
    Was previously with utv then moved over to vodafone as they bought utv's customers. Wasn't good from the start so switched it over to eircom for this package and couldn't be happier

Any hassle or outage when you switched over?

Not that I noticed, he was done within bout half hour and it was up and running

Advertisement