Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom door-to-door salesmen deliberately mis-selling broadband!

Options
  • 30-06-2014 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

I was recently visited by one of your salesmen who promised me I would receive the maximum the line was capable of and off-peak calls for €30 per month (which I deliberately reiterated and queried at sale time).

When the line was taken over, I was put on the 7 Mbps product. I rang the following Monday reiterating that I had been promised unlimited for €30 and that if it's not going to be given to me for that price that I will go back to UTV/Vodafone. I was "upgraded" by 10:45 that morning. 

Fast forward to today and I've received a bill for nearly €80 which includes "eircom Home Turbo" @ €48.78 per month on top of the €30.00 per month for the line rental + off-peak calls.

My neighbour has had more or less the same experience. He knocked on my door earlier and gave me his call reference in relation to it.

I want:

1) To cancel my product and return to UTV/Vodafone, as I was mis-sold the product. 

2) For Eircom to sort their act out. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jpl888 wrote: »
    I was recently visited by one of your salesmen who promised me I would receive the maximum the line was capable of and off-peak calls for €30 per month (which I deliberately reiterated and queried at sale time).

When the line was taken over, I was put on the 7 Mbps product. I rang the following Monday reiterating that I had been promised unlimited for €30 and that if it's not going to be given to me for that price that I will go back to UTV/Vodafone. I was "upgraded" by 10:45 that morning. 

Fast forward to today and I've received a bill for nearly €80 which includes "eircom Home Turbo" @ €48.78 per month on top of the €30.00 per month for the line rental + off-peak calls.

My neighbour has had more or less the same experience. He knocked on my door earlier and gave me his call reference in relation to it.

I want:

1) To cancel my product and return to UTV/Vodafone, as I was mis-sold the product. 

Hi jpl888

I'm sorry to hear this. If you feel you were mis sold at point of sale and wish to change provider you will need to lodge an official complaint with eircom customer service on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

I want:

Hi jpl888

I'm sorry to hear this. If you feel you were mis sold at point of sale and wish to change provider you will need to lodge an official complaint with eircom customer service on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I will be, don't you worry. If you are promised a product for €30 per month and then get charged nearly €80 per month, what is it if not a mis-sale? Daylight robbery? Youthful exuberance?

If you lot don't respond within the three days, I will also be complaining to Comreg about you (for the second time I might add, which was upheld, you were trying to fleece me that time.)

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I want:

Hi jpl888

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I will be, don't you worry. If you are promised a product for €30 per month and then get charged nearly €80 per month, what is it if not a mis-sale? Daylight robbery? Youthful exuberance?

If you lot don't respond within the three days, I will also be complaining to Comreg about you (for the second time I might add, which was upheld, you were trying to fleece me that time.)

John.
    Hi jpl888

What you have detailed does sound unacceptable, apologies for any inconvenience this has caused however an offical complaint must be made to eircom customer service on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

I have now complained in writing keeping within the arbitrary 400 character limit:

The Eircom salesman promised me and reiterated upon query that I would receive the maximum the line supports plus off-peak calls for €30 per month.

I have just received a bill for nearly €80 which includes €48.78 for "eircom Home Turbo", and €30 for line rental + off-peak calls. 

I want to cancel my contract, return to my previous provider, and be refunded.

Account number is *****.

Anyone else wishing to do same can find the *online* complaint form at http://www.eircom.ie/logacomplaint. Don't bother wasting your money ringing them or posting a letter/fax ....

Advertisement