Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first log

Options
  • 30-06-2014 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Ok so I have never thought of keeping a log before but because I go through phases of thinking about getting serious - exercising regularly for a couple of weeks or months - then falling off the wagon just as progress is being made.

I have been pretty inactive now for well over a year, close to 18 months of eating whatever I want and not exercising, this has left me massively overweight. I am currently 97kg or 15st 3lbs, ideally I would like to be about 12.5st to 13st and a bit toned, I'm 31 and 6ft.

I have joined a gym today and have signed up for an assessment which should take place next weekend, but am planning on using the gym 2-3 times before that. My goal is to increase my fitness and to lose the fat while eating better and thus hopefully feeling better. By going through phases of healthy eating I have seen the benefits of a healthy diet vs an unhealthy one, such as more energy less dodgy stomachs etc.

My plan is to replace the bad foods in my diet with the good ones bit by bit over the next couple of weeks, get used to going to the gym, maybe snacking beforehand and eating later. My level of fitness at the minute is pretty poor I managed 5k the other day at a very slow 32min pace (the first run in over a year).

I will keep this log as up to date as I can by posting at the very least once a week but will try get more than that in. My plan is for a weekly weigh in every Tuesday which I will post up here, tomorrow's obviously is covered above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

First trip to the gym yesterday:

15 minutes Cross Trainer

35 minutes weights

3 Reps at Shoulder Press
    3 Reps at Chest Press
    3 Reps at Low Row
    3 Reps Leg Curls
    3 Reps at Back and Biceps
    3 Reps at Freeweights for triceps

Keeping track of food on myfitnesspal and have been almost bang on my calories each day, have not exceeded by allowance as of yet.

At the gym again Sunday, had an assessment on Saturday BMI 31%, was told to aerobic exercises such as xtrainer, cycling and rowing to increase fitness before going to weights for a few weeks.

Was given help with my diet and advised of what to eat and when to eat particularly when training. Am due to weigh myself again tomorrow morning but when weighed in the gym on Saturday I was down 2kg's so will be interesting to see if that is the same tomorrow.

Heading to the gym this evening for a 45 minute cycle.

Did my 45 min cycle last night, weighed myself this morning and am 96kg after the week, so 1kg gone this week which I am happy about, not too worried if the weight doesn't fall off just so long as I begin to see some results such as toning in a couple of months.

Having half a dinner at 6 and the other half at 9 helps me big time, usually at 9 I would be out in the kitchen routing through the cupboards for a snack of some description so this stops that from happening and my calorie intake is therefore reduced.

Weigh in this morning just under 95kg so am happy to be down again this week. Didn't have the greatest week ever last week,

Gym Sunday Morning,
    did nothing Monday evening (first time in almost 3 weeks where I sat on my ass)
    9 holes of golf Tuesday
    18 holes of golf Wednesday
    40min walk Thursday
    18 holes of golf Friday
    Gym Saturday

Playing golf wouldn't be as strenuous as going to the gym by any means however I believe that an average 18 holes involves 8-9km of a walk. It's the couple of chocolate bars during the round that undo the benefit. Although I have taken to eating cereal bars rather than Mars or Twix's, lots and lots of water as the heat last week while playing was insane.

So far this week

Sunday 9 holes of golf,
    Gym Monday
    Tuesday off
    Wednesday 18 holes
    Thursday Gym

That's as far as I have planned so far.

Overall happy to have lost a kilo again this week, feeling better both physically and mentally and diet has definitely improved.

Advertisement