Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's not the twin screened Nintendo handheld I was waiting for this weekend but it'll do!
    A Game&Watch multiscreen game Safebuster!

MGI1NTg0OGU1ZGI5MGJiYzdlMmQ4OTY4OGU1ODJjMWZnMwApWIlMc4rb7suioEjGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzE5YmJhZmJmOGM4OGYwZGUyOTljNjhiNGViYzA2N2MyMjQ2M2YwMjM3ODM0NWVmN2IzNTVkNzk4MWYxMGJkYS5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

NGYwZjFlZGM2NGUwZTAwNTU5MjdhZGExZDI3Y2NlNWJ3jl_2G6WBwaDk-scj3jDZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWJkY2YzNGYyZTRlM2ExMDgwY2UyMmNkNDczMDg5MmU1ZDMwZDRlY2Q3M2NkZmY5ZjI1ZWQwOWYxOTFmM2JlMC5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg
    How many stars did that bad boy cost?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

iamtony wrote: »
    How many stars did that bad boy cost?

None, just €20 off a nice chap on Adverts this morning.
    And it's a class game too.
    Brings my Game & Watch count to 5 now.
    I've got

Snoopy Tennis
    Donkey Kong (multiscreen)
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Ball (Club Nintendo reproduction)
    and now
    Safebuster

Can't wait to pick up a few more.
    Slow and steady is the way to collect my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

None, just €20 off a nice chap on Adverts this morning.
    And it's a class game too.
    Brings my Game & Watch count to 5 now.
    I've got

Snoopy Tennis
    Donkey Kong (multiscreen)
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Ball (Club Nintendo reproduction)
    and now
    Safebuster

Can't wait to pick up a few more.
    Slow and steady is the way to collect my friends.
    Deadly! I had no idea they existed till I seen them for some crazy amount of stars on the nintendo site and it brought back memories of playing what I think was one of those games, when there was a burning building and I had to bounce people that jumped out of the windows into the ambulance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a wiki or two all about them.
    I was there when they were out the first time around.
    And now I'm going to pick a few up as they pop on adverts and the like.
    The famous ones are Fire, Parachute and Octopus.
    They are all readily available on the Gameboy, Gameboy Color and GBA, with two Club Nintendo collections available over the years.
    The GBA cart is a great collection although there is something sweet about having the original devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It also looks pretty snazzy on the DS/DS lite.

After this post I went and inspected an ancient DS Lite that was lying around for years. Discovered it has a secret slot for Advance games.

Holy sh1t. Mind blown.

Wallet also blown since I now have another console to consider.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    After this post I went and inspected an ancient DS Lite that was lying around for years. Discovered it has a secret slot for Advance games.

Holy sh1t. Mind blown.

Secret slot?
    Did you really not know?
    Wow!

Secret slot?
    Did you really not know?
    Wow!

Honestly! The excitement is partially mixed with shame.

In my defense the DS was never really mine until very recently as it belonged to a family member who no longer uses it.

At least I don't have to search for a decent Advance which was on my ever increasing want list.

One forgets the breadth of ages of Nintendo fans.
    Me, I've been playing Nintendo since the late 80's and, by then, I was in my late teens.
    So the move from format to format released by the company was fully informed by the new features of each system.
    Others though were a lot younger I guess and, in some cases, got those machines as hand me downs, and so may not have been aware of the other things the consoles and handhelds did.
    I was lucky enough to own most Ninty offerings as they were launched, so would always get caught up in spec sheets and features.

Still really well worth picking up a Gameboy Micro though, a cracking little console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Pac1Man wrote: »

Holy sh1t. Mind blown.

Every new generation handheld is backwards compatible with the last - the GBA could play GB games, the DS could play GBA games and the 3DS can play DS games.

so would always get caught up in spec sheets and features...

I will never, ever miss the awful battery life on the GB pocket. Got like 3 hours on AAA batteries which were not cheap when I was a kid :mad:

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    I will never, ever miss the awful battery life on the GB pocket. Got like 3 hours on AAA batteries which were not cheap when I was a kid :mad:

:eek:
    Don't know what was going on there.
    My GB Pocket lasted for ages on the two AAA batteries.
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, eats batteries like the Sega Nomad, an absolute beast of a power hungry monster.
    Which is why I built a rechargeable battery pack for it out of a knackered original rechargeable pack, a camcorder battery, charger and a lot of hot glue.
    Coupled with the screen mod it lasts for ages and Megadrive games look superb on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:eek:
    Don't know what was going on there.
    My GB Pocket lasted for ages on the two AAA batteries.
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, eats batteries like the Sega Nomad, an absolute beast of a power hungry monster.
    Which is why I built a rechargeable battery pack for it out of a knackered original rechargeable pack, a camcorder battery, charger and a lot of hot glue.
    Coupled with the screen mod it lasts for ages and Megadrive games look superb on it.

The game gear would give it a decent run for its money, with its plethora of AAs

Surprisingly enough, I got a New 3DS today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Had to go a wee bit out of my way for these two (not including the blu ray) but for 10 euro each, well worth it.

tumblr_nk4iggowra1u9p36io1_540.jpg

cloud493 wrote: »
    tumblr_nk4iggowra1u9p36io1_540.jpg

Is the Pokemon complete?
    Does it have the pokewalker?
    If so, well done, that's one of the most expensive Pokémon titles to pick up.

It is, instructions, unscratched star code (useless now I know) and brand new poke walker. The thing hadn't even been played when I put the game in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is the Pokemon complete?
    Does it have the pokewalker?
    If so, well done, that's one of the most expensive Pokémon titles to pick up.

I had one with an agreed sale on adverts and the collection sorted out for 30, new and someone else jumped in and offered more on any ad of the seller!
    Seller keep faffing around saying he couldnt meet on this day maybe tomorrow, etc.
    The guy or lady who overcut me, was looking for stuff on one of my ads recently too, the cheek!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had one with an agreed sale on adverts and the collection sorted out for 30, new and someone else jumped in and offered more on any ad of the seller!
    Seller keep faffing around saying he couldnt meet on this day maybe tomorrow, etc.
    The guy or lady who overcut me, was looking for stuff on one of my ads recently too, the cheek!

Should have offered them a swap for a half eaten pack of doritos and a pair of Beats Headphones worth 90 euro at retail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Should have offered them a swap for a half eaten pack of doritos and a pair of Beats Headphones worth 90 euro at retail ;)

Or offer half the asking price and say you'll pick it up this evening.

Corholio wrote: »
    Or offer half the asking price and say you'll pick it up this evening.

I had a chap a short while ago who offered me a little over half the asking price, and collection that evening, and I accepted, cos it was still more than I'd get more in cex like. First PM I get is 'can u deliver to kildare' So I respond 'no? You said you could collect tonight? His response? 'oh yeah I cant do that cos I don't drive and i don't have the money for the bus unless you take it off the price I'm paying you'

Then why offer to collect?! :confused:

• Advertisement

I had a chap a short while ago who offered me a little over half the asking price, and collection that evening, and I accepted, cos it was still more than I'd get more in cex like. First PM I get is 'can u deliver to kildare' So I respond 'no? You said you could collect tonight? His response? 'oh yeah I cant do that cos I don't drive and i don't have the money for the bus unless you take it off the price I'm paying you'

Then why offer to collect?! :confused:

Plenty of those timewasters who offer a price just to discuss a completely scenario by PM. Also those who offer €1 to get it accepted and then discuss the item off thread without any offer being really accepted. Hate that.

I really miss the days of being able to pm without having to make an offer

I miss when it was completely free :(

gubbie wrote: »
    I really miss the days of being able to pm without having to make an offer

Personally I dislike that. I think if you're gonna start a thread to sell something it should be done on thread, it's fine if there's another section for ads that are for PM's only or something like that, but I wouldn't be on the site if you could pm and do a deal like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Personally I think adverts is gone to pot. It's was fun for a while tree but urs full of Micheal Doughlases now.

I've had bad times when free and paid.
    But it's the low ball merchants that I would like to see pushed slowly through a fine metal grid.

Not precisely a Ninty get but I picked up a Retron5 yesterday.
    It's a novel console that combines a series of Android based emulators with the need to use original carts and the option to use original controllers.
    It plays all regions of SNES and Megadrive games as well as NES, Famicom and GB/C/A games.
    It outputs them all via HDMI to a modern TV and there are plenty of visual options to get games to look their best up there.
    I tested it with Super Mark Bros 3 for the Famicom and it looks stunning.
    Also Earthbound and Super Mario RPG work without a hitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not precisely a Ninty get but I picked up a Retron5 yesterday.
    It's a novel console that combines a series of Android based emulators with the need to use original carts and the option to use original controllers.
    It plays all regions of SNES and Megadrive games as well as NES, Famicom and GB/C/A games.
    It outputs them all via HDMI to a modern TV and there are plenty of visual options to get games to look their best up there.
    I tested it with Super Mark Bros 3 for the Famicom and it looks stunning.
    Also Earthbound and Super Mario RPG work without a hitch.

There's also a hack so you can load ROMs and put your actual carts into storage. The wife got me one for Xmas and I did just that

COYVB wrote: »
    There's also a hack so you can load ROMs and put your actual carts into storage. The wife got me one for Xmas and I did just that

Fortunately my collection is big enough, pretty much every SNES, MD and Gameboy series title I want.
    Perhaps if I could find the time for the translations of Mother 3 and the like.
    The system is really for the convenience of playing my collection on the big screen as opposed to the frankly under heated confines of my attic based Games room where at least I have multiregional consoles and a series of CRTs to play them on.

• Advertisement

Is it true that the Retron's slots are fairly tight or is that an overreaction?

Advertisement