Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is it true that the Retron's slots are fairly tight or is that an overreaction?

Tight as a ducks a....
    Yes, they are tight, particularly the Famicom slot, though I expect them to loosen with use, as the actress said to the bishop.

Played some Virtua Racing and Starfox last night, fantastic, Starfox was the US version, played at 60Hz and was excellent, also you can, if you like, zoom and get rid of the borders that all versions of the game have, though not as pronounced on the NTSC editions of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's been a VERY good day if I do say so myself!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Postmans been busy this week with some retro goodies, did some ebay shopping, and then a quick driveby on Gamestop. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic !

VKEKh3ll.jpg

Also, its fuchsia, not pink !!

Looking forward to finally finishing off some old gba classics with a backlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fortunately my collection is big enough, pretty much every SNES, MD and Gameboy series title I want.

My collection is pretty big too... that's the problem. Once the hack was released I boxed everything Genesis, SNES, NES and GB/A/C up and into storage. It makes for a much cleaner living room and happier wife I can tell you :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

COYVB wrote: »
    My collection is pretty big too... that's the problem. Once the hack was released I boxed everything Genesis, SNES, NES and GB/A/C up and into storage. It makes for a much cleaner living room and happier wife I can tell you :P

Converted the attic space 13 years ago, now a Games room.
    In some disarray however.
    Must give it a tidy out.
    Something about the beauty of classic games on a good CRT via RGB, all original hardware.
    I am in need of lots more shelving and nowhere to put them, I'll have to get creative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This calls for a Boardsie IKEA meetup! Meatballs first, complicated slidey shelf arrangement after.

Also, I think you could use street pass, 10 3dses and a stop watch to set up a trolley rally through the display hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Picked up mystical Ninja starring Goemon 2 for the N64 this week. Epic game and more accessible than the first one. I wish more of the series made it out of Japan. Underrated to say the least.

Banjo wrote: »
    This calls for a Boardsie IKEA meetup! Meatballs first, complicated slidey shelf arrangement after.

Also, I think you could use street pass, 10 3dses and a stop watch to set up a trolley rally through the display hall.

The Arcade and Retro posse have a Beers meet up in various homes of regular members during the year.
    The next time I'm having one in mine I'll throw a shout out here. Plenty of classic Nintendo gaming for all, as well as the more recent stuff.

imitation wrote: »
    Postmans been busy this week with some retro goodies, did some ebay shopping, and then a quick driveby on Gamestop. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic !

VKEKh3ll.jpg

Also, its fuchsia, not pink !!

Looking forward to finally finishing off some old gba classics with a backlight.

Nope, that be pink.
    But, hey, I knew of a panther that was pink, and he was a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nope, that be pink.
    But, hey, I knew of a panther that was pink, and he was a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.....

It's not pink, it's salmon!

That's what I use to say, when I had one sorry four. I had a problem.

• Advertisement

I've had a few over the years myself, silver, green, blue, PINK, Famicom themed and, now, a black one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some recent Ninty gets:

SgfUnn7.jpg

Fantasy Life (€35) & Mario Golf (€20) I got from Smyths earlier, fairly ok prices I thought.

pDGjxc1.jpg

Hyrule Warriors was my goty last year, still playing it regularly. There's just a stupid amount of extra content too and all for a bargain price! This game is incredible, I cant explain it but the games never gets boring like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hyrule Warriors was my goty last year, still playing it regularly. There's just a stupid amount of extra content too and all for a bargain price! This game is incredible, I cant explain it but the games never gets boring like.

Yeah there's something very addictive about it. I mainly got it as I figured it was simple enough for the kids and I to play, which is it, but there also seems to be tons of content with the different characters and weapons etc.

I wouldn't be a fan of DLC at all but I could be tempted by that Ganon one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_nkhqypecBa1u9p36io1_540.jpg

The DS lite and the 3 pokemon games worked out at 30 euro, so I'm well happy now. I now also own 3 DS lites.

DS Lites are some of the nicest consoles Ninty have made, in my opinion, they just feel lovely in the hand, nicer to hold than the previous clamshell GBA:SP, and I prefer them to the DSi tbh.
    Also, all the addons that the GBA slot allows, including the Band Hero grip and the frankly awesome Taito paddle controller, which I imported and is sweet, especially with Puzzle Bobble Galaxy!

They are. Plus, I can now trade pokemon as much as I want!

cloud493 wrote: »
    They are. Plus, I can now trade pokemon as much as I want!

Can't you go blind from playing with yourself too much?

Can't you go blind from playing with yourself too much?

Theories are there to be tested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

DS Lites are some of the nicest consoles Ninty have made, in my opinion, they just feel lovely in the hand, nicer to hold than the previous clamshell GBA:SP, and I prefer them to the DSi tbh.
    Also, all the addons that the GBA slot allows, including the Band Hero grip and the frankly awesome Taito paddle controller, which I imported and is sweet, especially with Puzzle Bobble Galaxy!

Really like ds lite, finally the injustice of not being able to see stuff properly on the unbacklit gba screen has been righted. How i put up for it as long as i did is a mystery.

I am tempted to get a sp just to play the old gb games, but its a bit of an expense anf managing those batterys for saves is a pain.

• Advertisement

I have a GB Micro with a flash cart a permanent fixture there.
    Mostly it allows me to play glorious NES and GB/C games on it via emulator, and they look the business on the little crisp screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I have a GB Micro with a flash cart a permanent fixture there.
    Mostly it allows me to play glorious NES and GB/C games on it via emulator, and they look the business on the little crisp screen.

What flash cart did you get for it? I bought one years ago for it but it didn't fit in it.

ollie1 wrote: »
    What flash cart did you get for it? I bought one years ago for it but it didn't fit in it.

Elink
    435-elink%2Bgba%2Bflash%2Bcard%2Bset%2Bfor%2Bgbagbasp%2Bgbmndsndsl%2Bidsidsl%2B512m-6023.preview.jpg
    The size of a GBA cart.
    Not the most user friendly of devices, you have to link it with your PC then flash it with the software you want.
    But it's very cool.
    Hard things to find now though, so good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked up today

Will have to wait a while before I give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Picked up my majora mask 3ds special edition today from amazon.fr.
    Damaged in the post though. Anyone here get stuff from them before?

OwaynOTT wrote: »

If you report it, you might get a refund or voucher of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

OwaynOTT wrote: »

when i got mine the box was a bit battered but still intact, it was almost like they used a corner of the box as a door jam or something, but the contents were grand so i didnt care. i take it you are talking about the console being damaged tho, Report it to amazon they might be able to send a replacement or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Still not even played Galaxy 2 yet but celebrated payday with Super Mario 3D World.

Only three games left and I'll have every game I want on the platform released thus far. Estimated completion date: 2022. :o

11025944_379715402211530_4922640157212283031_n.jpg?oh=0e304018cfb3eb093ecd0980a843ed42&oe=55769C21

On the one hand, yay I finally have a micro. On the other, ****ing 17 euro customs charge! Thats shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

cloud493 wrote: »
    11025944_379715402211530_4922640157212283031_n.jpg?oh=0e304018cfb3eb093ecd0980a843ed42&oe=55769C21

On the one hand, yay I finally have a micro. On the other, ****ing 17 euro customs charge! Thats shocking.

Where did you get it from?

Advertisement