Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got the Luigi faceplate but it's not floating my boat.
    I should've gotten the wooden faceplate for the extra tenner, but they hadn't one in stock :(
    Bugger.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Had a quick gawk in the local Gamestop this morning on my travels, Wii-U section shrinking all the time. Mostly eye-watering prices but I spotted the below, no idea if it's any good but thought it might be worth a chance at a tenner.

rSe6bbO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sickening that the Wii section seems to be many times bigger than the Wii U section.
    Sell the white boxes off cheap and put more blue boxes in there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had a quick gawk in the local Gamestop this morning on my travels, Wii-U section shrinking all the time. Mostly eye-watering prices but I spotted the below, no idea if it's any good but thought it might be worth a chance at a tenner.

rSe6bbO.jpg
    I enjoyed it and I hate stealth'em'ups!

Banjo wrote: »
    Lego Marvel is great, especially for multiplayer. Just remember, it's a pain in the arse to switch out from being the Hulk or Spiderman, because the button press you usually use to bring up the character select matrix is the same one to transform into Bruce Banner or Peter Parker. So let your kids / significant other / mates be Hulk and then laugh as you effortlessly switch from Dr. Doom to Johnny Storm.

Just had a horrible image flash into my mind as I typed Johnny Storm. Be glad vyou're not me...

Alright so, that hulk x button thing is doing my head in; how do I change to someone else??!! Change the button config?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

smokingman wrote: »
    Alright so, that hulk x button thing is doing my head in; how do I change to someone else??!! Change the button config?

Its something like 2 fast presses of x.

Its something like 2 fast presses of x.

Much obliged good sir, gaming hour is over for them today but I'll give it a crack tomorrow.

....also; Johnny Storm....fnarfnar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just bought Wario Land; The Shake Dimension, Zelda; Spirit Tracks and Mass Effect 3 for Wii U. Should be fun times, I have a real soft spot for the Wario Land games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

"They're here..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    "They're here..."

Did you not get the XL version of the New 3DS?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did you not get the XL version of the New 3DS?

Yup. These are for the regular New 3DS that I'll inevitably pick up at some stage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That was my question when he ordered them! :D

For the collection rather than for use I believe!

Never mind, the man himself beat me to it! :D

[edit]

My only gripe with them is why didn't they use black screws, like they did in the plain black cover that came with the console!

Star Lord wrote: »
    That was my question when he ordered them! :D

For the collection rather than for use I believe!

Never mind, the man himself beat me to it! :D

[edit]

My only gripe with them is why didn't they use black screws, like they did in the plain black cover that came with the console!

If I'm honest, they'll in all likelyhood never see any use at all. Being Zelda related, they were insta-get's for me, otherwise, I could take or leave them. I will pick up a regular new 3ds at some point though, so maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If I'm honest, they'll in all likelyhood never see any use at all.

My majora's mask one is in use already, from as soon as I could swap the covers around! Just couldn't resist then!

Zelda 3DS

Pandoras Tower (thanks a mill Cidey!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Zelda 3DS

Oh, that's nice! Where did you nab that?

marko93 wrote: »
    Oh, that's nice! Where did you nab that?

Got it on Adverts via a user here (CiDeRmAn). Traded a normal regular 3DS and some monnies for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pandoras Tower (thanks a mill Cidey!)

Glad it arrived all safe and sound.
    Sorry about the frankly epic size of the envelope :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry about the frankly epic size of the envelope :(

I was like, dafuq? :D Then I remembered I was waiting on this :) I must admit, Wii games in a black case is quite weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just bought Wario Land; The Shake Dimension, Zelda; Spirit Tracks and Mass Effect 3 for Wii U. Should be fun times, I have a real soft spot for the Wario Land games.

B_wk2mDW8AI8PJZ.jpg

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smash CD just arrived. No DK Rap? :'(

Smash CD just arrived. No DK Rap? :'(

I have the promo CD that came with DKC, I wonder if that's on it?

Edit: nope :(

There for appear to be some official ost available in Japan though for the SNES game, released on CD, but the prices on ebay are nuts.

This is going in Argos for €38.99 at the mo'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Postman is still busy

VigJyO9l.jpg

Games don't need much explaining. The grip I got because from experience I find one is essential for the vita, I'm not so sure about the 3DS, it seems to add weight but not a huge amount of extra comfort. Plus the model I got blocks the cart port.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got these today in HMV in the Crescent in Limerick... See bargain thread for details. Nice haul. :)

uWVHlgq.jpg
    k9Ww0Za.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I got Fifa and Mass Affect thrown in with my Wii back in December. FIFA is still sealed and will quite likely stay that way for a long time.

Played about an hour of Mass Affect and enjoyed it, need to set aside a long window to play that again.

And I still have Zombie U since around the same time unplayed.

Ooooh anyone want an online game of fifa tonight so??!!
    I play as Everton so you can be Batcelona if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Ooooh anyone want an online game of fifa tonight so??!!
    I play as Everton so you can be Batcelona if you want?
    Haven't got Fifa for wii u but I'm well up for some mk8 or smash if your interested?

iamtony wrote: »
    Haven't got Fifa for wii u but I'm well up for some mk8 or smash if your interested?

Haven't got smash and a bit tired of mk for a while. Don't have watchdogs or cod by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Haven't got smash and a bit tired of mk for a while. Don't have watchdogs or cod by any chance?
    No mate sorry I don't have either is watchdogs worth buying?

Advertisement