Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I forgot to post my Shin Megami Tensei IV Final / Apocalypse that I got.

Love when stuff works out like that Ciderman BTW.

Damn that's a so nice.

Bought Alpha Sapphire in Cex for €38 as nobody shared any of the €10 ones from Tesco a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Happy sort-of-retro day!

Got a few weird DS games today Ghost Trick Final Fantasy IV and Lego Lord of the Rings and my 3DS Gravity Falls and Persona Q too am gonna enjoy giving that a go again, it's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Got a few weird DS games today Ghost Trick Final Fantasy IV and Lego Lord of the Rings and my 3DS Gravity Falls and Persona Q too am gonna enjoy giving that a go again, it's weird.
    Did you play the other persona games? I can't remember us talking about it lol :pac:

Yeah love Teddy he is mental, the vita game is crazy, persona 3 on psp is so good too, played 1 and 2 too a lot plainer but good games, arena and the dancing game were too much, sort of stop it he's already dead type situation.

Q is interesting couldn't play it too much when I first got it due to my vision issues which seem a lot better now so I'm gonna give it a go, tomorrow I'm getting my Etrinian Odyssey ds and 3ds games out of storage too, have 20 games so far to play over Christmas all for ds or 3ds as that is the most I can handle, bloody wii u is gathering dust as I can't see a tv screen too well enough to use it. Am gonna buy Earthbound on the 3ds e shop too so I'll have quite a few games to get through, ah the joys of being a lazy do nothing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

druss wrote: »
    Happy sort-of-retro day!

“Sooner or later, everything old is new again.”

I ordered Corpse Party on 3DS, mainly for the figures lol, don't have a NTSC 3DS to play the game yet, it comes with an ost too.
    It was the same price to get this as it was to buy the figures alone.
    Atavan was kind enough to post it over to me with some goodies like Amiibo cards :) thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I ordered Corpse Party on 3DS, mainly for the figures lol, don't have a NTSC 3DS to play the game yet, it comes with an ost too.
    It was the same price to get this as it was to buy the figures alone.
    Atavan was kind enough to post it over to me with some goodies like Amiibo cards :) thanks again.

That's nice! Pity we didn't that in euroworld

Only in Americas and definitely in the Asias can you have a party with a corpse's in 3d too.

I think it's on the eshop just not a physical copy. We got a different physical one for like Vita with different figures I think so "it's fair" is what you'll see online

• Advertisement

Yeah it's on the eshop but I like cardboard not digital.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah it's on the eshop but I like cardboard not digital.
    Same, as much as I'm like "oh I'll never have more than 1 3DS" I'm thinking of getting a new 3DS but NTSC because of stuff like this :l
    SMTIV the first one is the same, physical there, digital here.

Same, as much as I'm like "oh I'll never have more than 1 3DS" I'm thinking of getting a new 3DS but NTSC because of stuff like this :l
    SMTIV the first one is the same, physical there, digital here.

I was thinking the same before that you can never have enough 3DS

Here's the Amiibo cards that was in my package I got with copy of Corpse Party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Smyths have some good prices at the moment.

I picked up Dragon Quest for €30 and Star Fox for €25.

I thought I would give Star Fox a go at that price. Is it really as bad as they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pac1Man wrote: »

I thought I would give Star Fox a go at that price. Is it really as bad as they say?

Worse. I've no interest in playing it again. The controls are terrible, should have been a new game instead of a "reimagining" and they should have included online multiplayer modes. It's a very short game too though I'll never know.

Smyths must have reduced it further as I thought I seen it for €35 the other day. Then again, their prices keep fluctuating all the time.

Feck. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not at all. The controls things is way overblown and I would say try it for yourself and let the controls adapt, it's worth it imo. It should have been a brand new game and the camera has issues in All-Range mode but it's still a very decent game. Once they click it becomes automatic. For €25 it's well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Feck. :D

I would suggest playing the demo before opening the game and you could be back in Smyths tomorrow looking for a refund. I recommend everyone does this and you'll get an idea of its biggest problem but definitely not its only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a demo? Hot diggity dog! I mean Fox! Cheers Schligs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Love Star Fox Zero, the controls require some acclimatisation but I found it to be immensely satisfying after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Received a secret Santa gift today, from some mysterious soul from the Arcade and Retro forum, and in the package was a nice pair of 1-up mushroom socks and the wonderful Zak and Wiki, for the Wii! A title I'd actually been wanting to get for a long time, but never got round to it!

It also included a Tom Nook amiibo, who has already started demanding that I start paying him everything that I earn, so it's been nice knowing you all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Santy brought Mega Yoshi!
    I knew being a good boy all year... Well, mostly good... would pay off!

Only the one Ninty get for me, despite dropping hints repeatedly for that hideous gameboy wallet.
    Thankfully it was a good game that I don't have all ready legends of legacy.

Happy Nintendomas

I must have been good this year. I got Rayman Legends for the Wii U (finally!). I'll see if it can stake a claim to be the console's best platformer.

Also got Animal Crossing New Leaf as Virtues Last Reward for the 3DS. Arguably the most polar opposite games of all time! :D

I have yet to play any of these yet though.

My other gaming gets are non Nintendo and so are unworthy of inclusion here, in such esteemed Ninty company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got a NES Mini and Mario Golf 3ds....Delighted!!

baldshin wrote: »
    Got a NES Mini and Mario Golf 3ds....Delighted!!

Oh Mario Golf is addictive! I put almost 50 hours into it! Still have to get back to it.

and Virtues Last Reward for the 3DS.
    I have yet to play any of these yet though.
    Have you played 999 yet? I'd try do that first, ots a lot more simple

• Advertisement

Have you played 999 yet? I'd try do that first, ots a lot more simple

Yes, I thought it was great. I felt parts dragged on a bit at times though.

It's a pity Zero Time Dilemma is digital only!

Yes, I thought it was great. I felt parts dragged on a bit at times though.

It's a pity Zero Time Dilemma is digital only!
    It is and Zero Escape 2 is much better but when they reference the first game it'd lose impact.
    The newest one? I got an American copy with the watch for Vita, took forever but it was worth it

I got this Super Mario Bros 3 map skirt second hand, I had my eye on it for ages and said I'd finally buy it as a treat for doing well in my first aid exam. The print is a bit blurry but I don't mind.
    Super-Mario-Bros-3-Skirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now have the SMB3 map music stuck in my head. Will pass on the skirt though. You'll have to model it.

I'd model it myself, but I'd have to shave the legs first... and that's a few hours work I could do without

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd model it myself, but I'd have to shave the legs first... and that's a few hours work I could do without
    You'll be fine it's winter and it's not a special occasion modeling something
    mVb5MAz.png

• Advertisement

^^^ My god that's terrifying!

That's not the fuzzy party of your name, is it? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's not the fuzzy party of your name, is it? :)
    Lol no, I got dizzy watching a Yoshi Island run on Awesome Games Dome Quick and I needed a new username lol.
    ^^^ My god that's terrifying!
    Lol are hairy legs that terrifying?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hairy legs no, gorilla legs yes! :pac:

Happy new year folks, hope 2017 brings you lots of ninty goodness. :)

In the above context? Yes!

I thought 'Fuzzy' was a reference to some hallucinogenic? The datura plant maybe?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=datura&client=ms-android-oneplus&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMw5Sc1p_RAhXnIMAKHU66BYcQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=560#imgdii=AU5RLj6XODxXyM%3A%3BHz156ZoGEI3tXM%3A%3BHz156ZoGEI3tXM%3A&imgrc=Hz156ZoGEI3tXM%3A

'Tis a great username to be fair.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hairy legs no, gorilla legs yes! :pac:

Happy new year folks, hope 2017 brings you lots of ninty goodness. :)
    In the above context? Yes!
    It's actually reminded me of a movie lol
    I thought 'Fuzzy' was a reference to some hallucinogenic? The datura plant maybe?
    'Tis a great username to be fair.
    Thanks! It probably is to do with it, (wiki says : The effects of touching Fuzzies may parody the stereotypical visual, mental and physical effects of popular psychedelic drugs such as LSD or psilocybin mushrooms.)
    I'm very very boring unfortunately and just often have ear troubles lol.

So in summary, we're all getting those skirts and modelling them here

Fireworks.gif
    Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a happy and healthy one.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So in summary, we're all getting those skirts and modelling them here
    And everyone to have legs hairy unless it's like Robin Williams levels of hair.
    latest?cb=20150610170006
    It'll be great craic.

Ms Fuzzy/Dizzy
    You are NOT boring.

Ms Fuzzy/Dizzy
    You are NOT boring.
    As a person - I think I so am.
    The events that often unfold around me - not boring at all.
    I dread people asking about hobbies or interests, most of the time I can see their eyes glaze over.

Hey, me too!
    I was at a family thing of Mrs Ciderman, her sister in laws brothers spent two hours talking football, football coaching, local football coaching and, eventually, attention stuff my way when they asked what I was into.
    Needless to say, my reply of "painting and videogames" was met with 5 secs of stoney silence before the conversation returned, against all expectations, to football.
    But, at a Beers, sure we're as interesting as anyone else, you even more so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Talking about video games is hard, unless your in the company of video game liking people already. Talking about Nintendo games I find, is even harder!

Hey, me too!
    I was at a family thing of Mrs Ciderman, her sister in laws brothers spent two hours talking football, football coaching, local football coaching and, eventually, attention stuff my way when they asked what I was into.
    Needless to say, my reply of "painting and videogames" was met with 5 secs of stoney silence before the conversation returned, against all expectations, to football.
    But, at a Beers, sure we're as interesting as anyone else, you even more so!
    Oh stop, OK so weak it's exactly like what'd happen to me. Are you serious? Two hours of football? Watching it is bad enough but listening to it.

I remember going to Amsterdam and got the "how many brownie/joints did you have" "none" "ugh what did you do so? "I went to a huge arcade with my friend"

Painting then of course you get the "draw something now" "can you draw me a new tattoo?"

Watched Harry Potter and a couple episodes of West Wing to bring in the new year because I knew there are 2 things people are interested in on the pub here and that's football and drink. So chose not to go. Oh and they're also interested in darts which is even more exciting

Talking about video games is hard, unless your in the company of video game liking people already. Talking about Nintendo games I find, is even harder!
    Do they think they're all kids games?
    It's so hard.
    I sometimes find it worse though if they do know and fellas want to challenge my knowledge to see if "I really do play games". Ugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement