Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Forgot to post these! Majora's Mask lamp from the Stars Catalogue.

351039.jpg351040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

80's! 80's! 80's Tygra! Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Is that a Wind Waker Ganondorf in a bell jar off to the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup! And Lion-O is just to the right of Tygra too.

Don't have a pic of Lion-O, (McDonalds) Mario, Peach or the Shell trophy, but here are the others on the shelf:
    Ganondorf
    Batman
    Dead Rising 2 Zombie
    Assassins

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Decided to go for Xenoblade 3D again today, I am determined to beat these stupid pseudo seizure/headaches, am charging my New 3DS as I type if I don't make it avenge my death...

Still really bad but damn it I want to play this game it sort of grows on you after a while, also might be a handy way to induce an ocular migraine when I want out of social event type situations. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An oldie but very much a goodie, just got Q*Bert for my NES.
    I have a few ways to play, via my NES, with a pass through on my Famicom or, sacrilege, on the Retron5 on the big TV, not with the crappy controller they provided but with a SNES controller.
    Its a cracking game to own and still fresh after all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Bravely Default for the 3DS on ebay.
    It goes for high enough prices but I got it for €29, so I'm pretty happy with that.
    Should have it, courtesy of Parcel Motel, in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up Bravely Default for the 3DS on ebay.
    It goes for high enough prices but I got it for €29, so I'm pretty happy with that.
    Should have it, courtesy of Parcel Motel, in a couple of days.

I've wanted that since I've got my 3DS but I haven't even completed Fire Emblem :(

Watchdogs turned up this morning via Parcel Motel, happy days, and I'm saying that having played it on the PS4 for a little bit.

An Amiibo Inkling of some description sits on the desk in work!
    And...

It's a Boy!

Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just finally received Splatoon with the squid pack. Ordered from Amazon France but the game came from Germany and the box is all German language.
    It won't be worth anything now in 2045.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Picked up Watch Dogs, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Paper Mario and Puzzles and Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition today.

• Advertisement

Watch dogs has gone the way of the Dodo, if the Dodo got traded into Gamestop instead of hunted into extinction... OK, maybe not the best analogy...

And in its place a selection of titles were bought but the only Ninty title was Legend of Kage 2 for the DS.

In other news they have a Mario Kart 8 LE in stock for €52 in Santry, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

From the postman today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Bump :D

Lastest Ninty gets for me

Picked up Line Rider Freestyle on the DS for the princely sum of 97c, that's pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jigglypuff €15 and Marth €16.99 Amiibos today along with Starfox 3D for €10, gonna stick my Black New 3DS up for sale later so I can upgrade next week to a New 3DS XL..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mostly nintendo with some blu rays and a PS4 game

edit - image is way too big, il resize it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

well picked up a Virtual Boy with several games haven't time till weekend to try it out guess I'll have to go digging for a Flash Boy now ...

Picked up Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS in a supermarket in France for €20!
    What a lovely game, and a great price too.

Picked up Sky Crawlers today for the Wii, only €12 too, in a little game shop in St Malo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Princess Zelda Amiibo completes all the ones I want. Though may get Toad for Captain Toad. Then the 8 bit Mario with Mario Maker. And then...

Jumped in and bought Puzzle, Dragons and assorted Nintendo IPs, couldn't say no to myself for a mere 13.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been on a bit of a splurge this week. Got a black New 3DS with the black Zelda faceplate then picked up Xenoblade, Mario World 3D, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Mercenaries (it was a fiver) and have since ordered a case and Pilot Wings on the cheap from Amazon. Won't be buying anything else for a good while now.

So I went a wee bit mad over the past 3 weeks and they have all arrived finally. Amazon.De is great for cheap 3rd party games. So many to start now.

I also got far cry 4, don't know when I'll get to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I went a wee bit mad over the past 3 weeks and they have all arrived finally. Amazon.De is great for cheap 3rd party games. So many to start now.

I also got far cry 4, don't know when I'll get to that.

That's a nice selection of games (apart from Watch Dogs).

I say start with Arkham Origins. It's a great game.

That's a nice selection of games (apart from Watch Dogs).

I say start with Arkham Origins. It's a great game.

Think I will start with Origins, ta! What's wrong with watch dogs? I do see people say it's bad, but never give a reason for why it's bad. I'll give it a shot anyway.

Think I will start with Origins, ta! What's wrong with watch dogs? I do see people say it's bad, but never give a reason for why it's bad. I'll give it a shot anyway.

It's like a straight to video version of GTA, with mechanics lifted directly from every other Ubi staple, from Far Cry to Assassins Creed, and it's so dour it's a pain to play.
    With the WiiU version you get crap non analogue throttle with the cars and a choppy frame rate, as well as the pleasure of, overall, a worse experience than you get from the Xbox 360 version of the game, running on a console that's now a decade old.
    I would go so far as to suggest that if you must play a GTA style game on the WiiU, buy Driver Parallel Lines for the Wii instead, it's a better game with tons in it to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surely the best GTA game on Wii U is Lego City Undercover? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

:P

358052.jpg

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Surely the best GTA game on Wii U is Lego City Undercover? :)

Good point, but I'd still say, if you are out for a GTA style game the Driver game us very good.

Advertisement