Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some gets lately.

28intbn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

3jKOPNK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

cloud493 wrote: »
    3jKOPNK.jpg

Where did you get BD and how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

marko93 wrote: »
    Where did you get BD and how much?

Littlewoods. 35 quid with 20% discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got the Gamecube adaptor in argos. Cheers for the notice Ciderman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got the Gamecube adaptor in argos. Cheers for the notice Ciderman

Yeah, I have to slip into Argos myself tomorrow and collect mine, I'm not sure I'll use it, I'm not a Smash Bros fan at all, but I'll get it, just in case Ninty make it work with Mario Kart 8, you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well I do have a pc with dolphin so could try that.

And just got my inkling boy and girl from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

11816988_449926415190428_4779720164038120192_n.jpg?oh=3826549a412b7a5d9f63b98a6197a3fe&oe=567952D3

11224819_449927398523663_6882373161322275667_n.jpg?oh=af95b0ae97e131d18ee0b76dec2d68b2&oe=5671C318

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice one on Chronotrigger, it is possibly the best RPG ever made, I have it on the Snes, it's glorious, and the DS conversion is supposed to be pretty brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was very pleased with the find. I was in gamestop to get the Metal Gear Solid V limited edition PS4, but that made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Managed to get a boxed, with receipt, new 3ds xl with Batman Blackgate, Amazing Spiderman and Green Lantern games on DoneDeal for....wait for it.... €120! Delighted! It's mint condition too!
    Huge upgrade from my regular old 3ds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Posted this in the Arcade and Retro forum, but guess it kinda belongs here too!

11954625_10152957267980916_3294548635086568375_n.jpg?oh=6b3cce052cfedba6cb1079867a7e3f2e&oe=56A5F54C

11942154_10152957279765916_940383074802875480_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What's that, Flashdance in the background?

Hah! No, it's Flashback!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Hah! No, it's Flashback!

A likely story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some Ninty goodness I've picked up recently

Twin Famicom

Mario 1 & 3

Zelda (original)

PAL Snes (I've had the US one a few years now)

Show off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The US really got the raw deal with the design of their SNES, especially the controllers.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The US really got the raw deal with the design of their SNES, especially the controllers.

U.S. console is far sexier, kinda like a G1 transformer. I will concede that the controllers look like washed out smarties holders.

You gotta be joking, looks more like a crappy Go-Bot than a cool Transformer.

A slightly disappointed looking Go-Bot at that.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

I actually like the US Snes. Wouldn't go as far as to say it's nicer than the PAL/SFC version, but there's something nice about it when you see it in the flesh. The controllers are poor. At least now I've both so I don't have to defend each side :D

You gotta be joking, looks more like a crappy Go-Bot than a cool Transformer.

A slightly disappointed looking Go-Bot at that.

It's the blockyness of it that I'm talking about. I like things to be square and blocky more so than curved.
    I also think the US carts look nicer and are more practical with labelling.

I'd be the opposite, I prefer the more compact EU/Jap carts, but the labelling that goes onto the top edge is definitely a better design choice! Front-only labelling makes life more difficult when you've got a collection of carts sitting together!

I'd be the opposite, I prefer the more compact EU/Jap carts, but the labelling that goes onto the top edge is definitely a better design choice! Front-only labelling makes life more difficult when you've got a collection of carts sitting together!

Stacking the US carts is more stable than their EU/Jap cousins. Some of the artwork on the US ones is atrocious though but there are some nice ones like the Mexican variant of Zombies.
    So I suppose we can agree that I'm right so?

I've had both SNES variants and they both have merit.
    The bigger one was finding the US console could fit any cart from any region, meaning I would not have to dremel the thing after region mod.
    In the end though I sold it on and region modded a PAL machine, plus took a craft tool too the cart slot so I could play US titles.
    Works a treat now.
    The US carts are easier to stack, but who stacks carts?
    Haven't played the SNES in a good while now, must dust it off.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've had both SNES variants and they both have merit.
    The bigger one was finding the US console could fit any cart from any region, meaning I would not have to dremel the thing after region mod.
    In the end though I sold it on and region modded a PAL machine, plus took a craft tool too the cart slot so I could play US titles.
    Works a treat now.
    The US carts are easier to stack, but who stacks carts?
    Haven't played the SNES in a good while now, must dust it off.

Snes cart stacking coming to the Olympics in 2020. Looks like all the goods will be going to the Americans.

I think there's some collectors in the UK who have been training with multiple NTSC copies of Rise of the Robots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Photo0022.jpg

Was checking out the new Cex here in Drogheda the other day and picked this up. Later the same day, I ordered a motion plus and Yakuza 4 online, just been dispatched.

More Zelda action here!
    This time Zelda II, The Adventure of Link for the NES.
    I think I only need the first one on the NES, Four Swords for the GC and LoZ A Link Between Worlds to have everything.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    More Zelda action here!
    This time Zelda II, The Adventure of Link for the NES.
    I think I only need the first one on the NES, Four Swords for the GC and LoZ A Link Between Worlds to have everything.

Surprised you hadn't got them already Cidey. Four Swords for the GC is next on my list too, I've a few more to get (and am looking to collect every Zelda game CIB eventually, except those non canon cd-i monstrosities). I've only a few oddities left really:

Four Swords (Gamecube)
    Zelda 2 (NES Classics GBA)
    Links Awakening
    Links Awakening DX

I may get repro carts of the BS Zelda games (never released in physical form, so one of the rare situations where a repro cart is justifiable), & after that, just whatever new stuff comes out :)

Advertisement