Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got a pre-order for Twilight Princess HD with the Amiibo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Majora's Mask and a Christmas jumper. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Finally picked up Kid Icarus!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Not a nintendian sausage. But plenty of lovely regular presents so no cause for complaint.....

One day, Xenoblade, one day....

Same here, no Nintendo stuff :(

I did get a new Xbox 1 though and I'm trying to play Elite Dangerous right now!
    I do have a voucher so might take myself off and buy Xenoblade today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Majora's Mask and a Christmas jumper. :D

That may be the greatest Xmas jumper I've ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Jumped in and spent the massive tenner on Codename Steam...

After getting the Shovel Knight Amiibo the other day I thought my new gets were done but I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS today in Argos for €29.99
    I have it on the Wii but it remains sealed, and it should keep da skillz honed until I get home to the WiiU followup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

12540467_491383864378016_1148988099_n.jpg?oh=3139fa5b101caf89831ef17acbc313c7&oe=569BB5F4

That blu ray is also Nintendo honest.... The games and the DS console were 25 quid altogether, so even if I keep the DS and just sell platinum and ranger, its only gonna have cost me 7, so happy out.

The original DS is pug ugly, thank the gods for the beautiful DS Lite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That blu ray is also Nintendo honest.... The games and the DS console were 25 quid altogether, so even if I keep the DS and just sell platinum and ranger, its only gonna have cost me 7, so happy out.

Really enjoyed that film actually.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The original DS is pug ugly, thank the gods for the beautiful DS Lite

The screen on it is a bit naff too I think? Still, €25 for all of the above is a good price.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The screen on it is a bit naff too I think? Still, €25 for all of the above is a good price.

Yeah, it's not so hot, and it was a blessing for Nintendo when they released the DS Lite with the crisp colourful screen along with New Super Mario Bros, as perfect a match as a Gameboy and Tetris.
    I have a DS Phat myself, an essential part of the collection given how long I played on one, that is to say a long time, until it was replaced with the DS Lite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah, it's not so hot, and it was a blessing for Nintendo when they released the DS Lite with the crisp colourful screen along with New Super Mario Bros, as perfect a match as a Gameboy and Tetris.
    I have a DS Phat myself, an essential part of the collection given how long I played on one, that is to say a long time, until it was replaced with the DS Lite.

I skipped the Phat and went from Gameboy SP to DS Lite I think. It's funny what we used to put up with back then when we didn't have anything better (crappy screens I mean). Modded displays on old handhelds ftw. :)

My Nomad was great when I got it back in the 90's but since the new screen, region mod and rechargeable battery pack wot I made its spectacular!

Picked up Darksiders 2 for the WiiU in CEX for the princely sum of €8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

A solution for buying from Nintendo UK Store for Irish buyers. Buy a game get it sent to An Post in England and then An Post send it to Ireland.
    Might try it out this week and see.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/Home/HowItWorks#orderModal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got Typoman and the surprisingly cheap Gunman Clive HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Got a copy of Super Mario Sunshine today. Played it a little when it came out never played through it properly.

It's a great game, greatly (and unfairly) maligned! The water effects and the ink/gloop effects were incredible for the time, and Mario felt amazingly nimble compared to Mario 64!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's a great game, greatly (and unfairly) maligned! The water effects and the ink/gloop effects were incredible for the time, and Mario felt amazingly nimble compared to Mario 64!

I loved the exploring feel to it that hasn't really been tried since in a Mario game, it also got a tough deal because Galaxy was the follow up and almost any game would be feel inferior to that. It's a great game and I think time has been kinder to it than initial reactions.

I loved Sunshine, got it on import when released and was gobsmacked at the visual effects and the bright colours dripping out of the screen.
    It really is a game that needs a HD rerelease, if only because relatively few people got to enjoy the game the first time. You can certainly trace a lot of Super Mario Galaxy's recipe for success from Sunshine, more so than Mario 64

• Advertisement

Like Rogue Squadron on the GC, it really benefited from those analogue shoulder triggers, and their 'click-stop' extra button functionality though.

Got a copy of Super Mario Sunshine today. Played it a little when it came out never played through it properly.

Dying to replay this, I love it.

Waiting for the HD version that will surely come someday, but it's not easy.

Edit: it's one of a small number of games I bought twice. Like the same version on the same platform. Just saw it cheap one day, same one i had already played to death, but picked it up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think sunshine held up better than 64 did, really.

They're both inferior to galaxy of course.

I picked up the €25 copy of the Chibi Robo Zip Line with Amiibo today and, I'm sure glad the Amiibo is nice because the game is mediocre, at least so far.
    That said, it is basking in it's own brilliant radiance compared to the stinking pile of intestines that is my other Ninty get today, a copy of Shadow the Hedgehog for the Gamecube, only 50c.....
    I'm beginning to think that 50c would have been better spent on a packet of Love Hearts in Tesco though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Woot! Snagged a Zelda Monopoly yesterday in Easons Newbridge with 75% off (I assume because the box had been opened). Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Woot! Snagged a Zelda Monopoly yesterday in Easons Newbridge with 75% off (I assume because the box had been opened). Delighted!

So nerdy but I love it!!

Ow, love it! Really want that, despite Monopoly being a pain in the face as an actual game.

My cheaper than chips COD Blops 2 arrived this morning, courtesy of Parcel Motel, not sure when I'll get to play it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

My cheaper than chips COD Blops 2 arrived this morning, courtesy of Parcel Motel, not sure when I'll get to play it though!

At that price, it was worth it just to have a spare Wii U box!

COD campaigns are my guilty pleasure though. Turn the difficulty down, the sound up and Rambo your way through.

OORAH!

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    At that price, it was worth it just to have a spare Wii U box!

COD campaigns are my guilty pleasure though. Turn the difficulty down, the sound up and Rambo your way through.

OORAH!

I've owned it before and just didn't enjoy it, it's all too scripted, Destiny has me spoiled!
    But, at that price, it was too good to pass up, so we'll give it another go!
    I have a 3rd party controller with an Xbox stick and button layout, it makes it all feel a little more authentic, so looking forward to throwing myself into another round with the enemies of US interests overseas!

Advertisement