Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Are the consoles a tenner as well?

The wii was, Xbox 360 with kinetic was €50, tesco are known for inconsistencies, man I love outdated technology so what do I win for getting such a bargain, please say disdain I love being the bad guy.

It's strange if they are but not the accessories, I found PS2 controllers and memory cards but they were coming up as full price (€35 for the memory cards)

Found mario all-stars for wii too but was scanning at €29.99 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Santry has a couple of DSi consoles in stock for a very fair 159.99!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Adverts is polluted with chancers who are flogging sealed games for rather big prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I hope nobody buys them and cex lowers the values on them. Leave them stuck with a load of games they'll lose money on, serve em right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Found mario all-stars for wii too but was scanning at €29.99 tonight.
    That's funny, was it staff scanning it? I wonder was because I did self service

That's funny, was it staff scanning it? I wonder was because I did self service

Self service, would have bought it to play too.

Self service, would have bought it to play too.
    That's lousy, if I pass it will I pick it up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got Animal Crossing New Leaf at long last, thanks to Rhyme for the great get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got Animal Crossing New Leaf at long last, thanks to Rhyme for the great get!

97e7a5ae42b4a458f48b452bbbe8367e.jpg

Tom Nook owns you now.

• Advertisement

I got a Wii U today, game pad is perfect, the console itself has some blemishes. I'd love to put something on it, just to read up on them make sure it won't wreak it, saw a cool NES one. Just hate the black so much but the price was good so I settled.

You can get vinyl 'skins' for them, that shouldn't leave any marks, or cause any damage.

Star Lord wrote: »
    You can get vinyl 'skins' for them, that shouldn't leave any marks, or cause any damage.
    Vinyl, I couldn't think if what word to watch out for, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,001 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I got a Wii U today, game pad is perfect, the console itself has some blemishes. I'd love to put something on it, just to read up on them make sure it won't wreak it, saw a cool NES one. Just hate the black so much but the price was good so I settled.
    Ct9XhZAXgAAZ9rf.jpg:small

That should be the skin for the side of your Wii U.

sligeach wrote: »
    Ct9XhZAXgAAZ9rf.jpg:small

That should be the skin for the side of your Wii U.
    pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

Well, that's interesting.
    I ordered a Pokémon Go Plus device last month for my son for Christmas, knowing that they are probably going to hard to get.
    I got a notification from Nintendo the other day saying that my order was cancelled, then another to reinstate it.
    And then, just now, I got an email that it was dispatched.
    Now to find a place to hide it until Christmas!
    My better half is not going to be pleased though....
    She reckons I have too much say in what gifts he gets as it is!
    She doesn't know about the two Fire Emblem games yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You mean 3 fire emblem games. Buy him the dlc campaign you skinflint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Banjo wrote: »

On that note what are the differences between the two games?

Posting it here as well.
    I was missing Jeff from my Earthbound set, I'd like to try get Master Belch now too

Banjo wrote: »

I will, once he has them in his Christmassy paw

• Advertisement

Think I'll hold out on playing this until Christmas because that's the Wii U as good as done now. I may change my mind as I've other games to play.
    CuMqeAbXgAAB465.jpg:small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Finally picked up super mario galaxy and noticed eternal darkness was on the shelf aswel, heard good things about it, so another game to add to the backlog.

6FkhpzWl.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, that's interesting.
    I ordered a Pokémon Go Plus device last month for my son for Christmas, knowing that they are probably going to hard to get.
    I got a notification from Nintendo the other day saying that my order was cancelled, then another to reinstate it.
    And then, just now, I got an email that it was dispatched.
    !

Arrived to Parcel Motel last night, collected this morning.
    I like the packaging, kinda like a Pokémon card box.
    I haven't opened it though, it's not for me :(
    Now to hide it somewhere unitl December!
    S6FRQ7Lm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Picked a brand new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii. Was walking by Irish Cancer Society shop on Camden Street and noticed there was doing some kinda promotion. There was a few staffers outside with a wee table there, noticed the Wii spines on little shelf and after going "Fifa 12, Fifa, more Fifa, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fifa 12, Mario & Sonic...wait, what?" I nabbed a copy of Prime.

Was kinda blessed as well, as the shop quite rightly checks eBay and whatnot for price references, and I'd literally only got coins to my name, but, as I mentioned it was some kinda sale/promotion thing, so boom all-round. There's a couple copies left on the little shelf outside, hopefully someone here gets one. The aforementioned staffers are about too, so it's less likely than usual that someone's gonna try and scoop up the whole lot for resale. Dunno if HMV/Xtravision/Maybe even Tesco just passed a load of unsold stock along, but there's quite a bit of new game stuff in the shop too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Picked a brand new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii. Was walking by Irish Cancer Society shop on Camden Street and noticed there was doing some kinda promotion. There was a few staffers outside with a wee table there, noticed the Wii spines on little shelf and after going "Fifa 12, Fifa, more Fifa, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fifa 12, Mario & Sonic...wait, what?" I nabbed a copy of Prime.

Was kinda blessed as well, as the shop quite rightly checks eBay and whatnot for price references, and I'd literally only got coins to my name, but, as I mentioned it was some kinda sale/promotion thing, so boom all-round. There's a couple copies left on the little shelf outside, hopefully someone here gets one. The aforementioned staffers are about too, so it's less likely than usual that someone's gonna try and scoop up the whole lot for resale. Dunno if HMV/Xtravision/Maybe even Tesco just passed a load of unsold stock along, but there's quite a bit of new game stuff in the shop too.

If for any reason you're around there again, could you pick me up a copy. If you're not no problem at all. Fair play for spotting it and sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Aye, I'll keep an eye out if I'm down that way again. Minor miracle if they're still there, but g'wan.

Some d******* seller on Amazon is selling Wii Sports Club as being the UK version and has images of the said version on their ad.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E4LGHDK/

This is what arrived instead.
    CuqMuwpWcAAYb7O.jpg:small

Now I've to go about the hassle of returning it. ******* ********! The Australian packaging is awful. The box feels really flimsy like you could nearly put your hand through it.

At least it's still compatible with your Wii U, unlike games from the US / Japan

Got Ocarina 3d in the sweet sweet original box for €10 in Irish Cancer Society store tonight. The collector inside me prohibits opening it.

• Advertisement

Cross post. Picked up Captain Toad, I didn't release it was nearly the same price in Argos. Oh well :)

Advertisement