Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Little brother got his switch and he ****ing loves it!
    Downside, I'm now 3rd best sibling at Mario Kart out of the four of us.
    Have to say it's some bit of kit.
    It's getting more docked play in our house than handheld, which in suorised by.
    Those little joycons are hard to use for any length of time longer than 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Those little joycons are hard to use for any length of time longer than 5 mins.

Don't forget to put the slides on. We played all Christmas day without them and I found them in the box when I got home :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't forget to put the slides on. We played all Christmas day without them and I found them in the box when I got home :D

And make sure you match them up correctly when putting them on, + to + and - to -. Thankfully I remembered reading about that issue long before I got my Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

emmetkenny wrote: »

What are they? I don't think they were on them to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What are they? I don't think they were on them to be honest.

The little black stick yokey bobs.

pic1.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The little black stick yokey bobs.

Jaysus, look who's being all technical like!

So these chaps finally turned up today, ordered them my mymemory back on 18/12. Fairly decent build quality for the price actually. Tested them out with Mario Kart and they work fine.

RHtwC80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

jFIbm0Z.jpg

Pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pleased with that.

Nope. Not jealous at all. Not a bit. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was looking back at my amazon order for when I got that game. March 2012 for £17.39.

Surprised a remaster hasn't been announced yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I think I paid around 20 for it.
    Bought Okami HD for about 13 before New Years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Ocarina 3d in Argos for €16.99 still my favourite zelda game (tingle rosey rupee land aside)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought Ocarina 3d in Argos for €16.99 still my favourite zelda game (tingle rosey rupee land aside)

Nice get, that's a great price for still one of the best games of all time and one of the top two LoZ games of all time.
    It's also a masterclass in how to remaster.

Very little stock of it about now and considering the price in CeX is €40 I'm chuffed specially as I've still got a gold box from the original launch so the cart will soon be resting in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I stumbled upon Sonic Rush Adventure and took the chance to buy it for €15 in CeX.

• Advertisement

Found a great deal in Golden Discs in Henry Street last weekend loads of games 5 for €10, best of the bunch was Majoras Mask, Tintin, Lego Indy, GTA Chinatown Wars and Sonic Racing ds version, I bought everything in sight saved me a bunch on Majora been trying to get in for months there are a few wii and ds games left but nothing worthwhile which is why I didn't post it in bargains thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After 2 years of looking I got myself Pokemon soul sliver fully boxed and a real cart and copy for 30 euros on donedeal.

Who would have tought would have been that hard to get one?. As I nearly bought one last year just the cart and was fake !!!.

Delighted is a understatement as been trying to 're buy all my Pokemon games for the past 2 years as my neaphow got sticky fingers and they went walking !!!

So, finally, The End Is Nigh arrived, and very nice it is too!

Comes with yet another witty manual as well as a little squishy Ash character.

The manual is clever because it not only includes instructions but also a perspective on the making of the game, with photos and production sketches, which is pretty cool.

So, another Nicalis physical release in the collection!

Finally got it.

JPEG_20180129_164123.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, finally, The End Is Nigh arrived, and very nice it is too!

Comes with yet another witty manual as well as a little squishy Ash character.

The manual is clever because it not only includes instructions but also a perspective on the making of the game, with photos and production sketches, which is pretty cool.

So, another Nicalis physical release in the collection!

The End is Nigh is H.A.R.D. !!
    And expensive!
    I paid about €30 for the physical edition but it's €14.99 on the eShop.

• Advertisement

Bought Pokemon Crystal in Argos gods damn the AI was brutally difficult even at the start of the game poison this, paralysing that, they don't make em like this any more that's for sure.

I also collected my €24.99 PuyoPuyo Tetris for my Switch, and it seems to be great fun, is love to see Mr Driller: Drill Land come to the Switch, I have it on the GameCube and it's probably the definitive version of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Amazon package arrived today...hooray, my brush soap!!

...oh yeah and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Picked up Fire Emblem Echoes for not so good €35 in CeX need it as a gift over weekend coming, might give it a go myself first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got Arms on eBay for €16 including postage. For that price it's worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just got Arms on eBay for €16 including postage. For that price it's worth a punt.

For that price it's an absolute steal. Great game that's had a lot for content out since its been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Even if it turns out to be not for me, CEX are offering €22 cash on trade in. So its a win win situation.

Let's hope they're not pulling your leg :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ebay still takes punts?

I failed miserably on my promise to go digital only for the Switch. A full game on a physical cart makes my bones fizz too much to ignore.

Picked up the Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition.

152915b_SELG.jpg

A couple of surprises. The reverse cover has a cyberpunk/apocalyptic version of Super Mario Bros. :)

hROwJQA3E87ob49wAtjtEowhJ15QEKJaYdAijWBukxE.jpg

Secondly, the very back page of the artbook contains a passage from this one-man developer Tom Happ stating that the publisher BadLand Games are donating 75% of all profit from the physical versions towards treatment for the developer's son who took ill with a life-long neurological condition shortly after birth. Nice touch.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I failed miserably on my promise to go digital only for the Switch. A full game on a physical cart makes my bones fizz too much to ignore.

Picked up the Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition.

152915b_SELG.jpg

A couple of surprises. The reverse cover has a cyberpunk/apocalyptic version of Super Mario Bros. :)

hROwJQA3E87ob49wAtjtEowhJ15QEKJaYdAijWBukxE.jpg

Secondly, the very back page of the artbook contains a passage from this one-man developer Tom Happ stating that the publisher BadLand Games are donating 75% of all profit from the physical versions towards treatment for the developer's son who took ill with a life-long neurological condition shortly after birth. Nice touch.

That's a lovely thing alright, and at €39.99 in Gamestop a nice near price match with Amazon as well.
    Must see what I have to trade in the pile and pick it up.

Nice get there Pac1Man. There's no difference in the game itself is there? Just bought it from the e-shop the other night before the sale ended. My first e-shop purchase. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice get there Pac1Man. There's no difference in the game itself is there? Just bought it from the e-shop the other night before the sale ended. My first e-shop purchase. :pac:

No, no difference. Haven't started it yet though. Heard great things about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This arrived today. Smaller than I imagined from the photos.

IMG_20180220_190934.jpg

IMG_20180221_175929246.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They're not all Nintendo related but I'm too lazy to take two pictures.

HNrzk1B.jpg

I always loved Pilotwings 64 but never got the love that the Snes original received, and continues to receive.

Still have to hook up my OG SNES eventually and give PW a try.

I got a heap of Minty Ninty Goodness this evening
    Already posted them on the A&R forum but here's the relevant stuff
    A Japanese GameCube, spice colour
    A Super Controller 2 for the Famicom
    Super Bomberman 2 for the Super Famicom
    The following Famicom games
    Rockman 4&5, Salamander.
    Pretty nice haul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got dragon ball z xenoverse 2 for the switch last week.

25 euros new on Amazon I am loving the game!!!

It plays so well for a fighter on a handheld console.

Only think it eats battry on the switch !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Edition arrived last weekend from good old Japan. It was pricey but consider the price its now selling for I've made a nice little investment for myself.

Great to have both games on cartridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Friend in US picked this up for me cheap in store closing down there. Released only in the US last year for Black Friday.

IMG_20180314_155132.jpg

IMG_20180314_155115.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Corholio wrote: »
    Friend in US picked this up for me cheap in store closing down there. Released only in the US last year for Black Friday.

Sort of horrible and absolutely lovely all in the one go. Very envious.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

They're not all Nintendo related but I'm too lazy to take two pictures.

HNrzk1B.jpg
    Persona 5 and PKMN Crystal, two of my favourites :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,711 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Corholio wrote: »

IMG_20180314_155132.jpg

IMG_20180314_155115.jpg

Ooh, love it!

• Advertisement

IMG_20180327_152655548_HDR.jpg
    A lucky find in CeX, especially since my childhood copy ceases to function. And the price tag makes it more convenient, even more so for a GameCube game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Fun fact: playing the Link-less versions of Soul Calibur 2 is actually a crime against nature.

An accidental double-post there. Woops :P!

IMG_20180418_134416012_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180504_122419624.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement