Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

First Wii-U purchase in a long time. Had been putting off getting it since my local shops were always more expensive than the RRP. Saw it for €18 in CEX today which seemed decent enough.
    Will probably pick up Wooly World and Mario Maker down the road and that'll be the Wii-U collection done for me (if Splatoon had local multiplayer I would've gotten that too).

lQBVdwW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got Splatoon at last today.

And a Ken Street Fighter tshirt for a tenner in Gamestop.

Had to buy my Zelda beer glass again too. Not dishwasher safe, them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Linoud wrote: »
    That's very impressive! You should post up on the Arcade and Retro forum here with a picture or two, I'd love to see that stuff! :o

Will do once I (a) get it complete and (b) get a display stand of some sort.
    They are currently in neat little containers from Ikea but the arrangement is nothing to write home about apart from the sheer volume of them.

Have to also find the time to play them all. I've about 40 I've never played any of bar starting to check they work (though they are mostly sports games :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Have to also find the time to play them all. I've about 40 I've never played any of bar starting to check they work (though they are mostly sports games :o )

Including some of the best wrestling games of all time, bang in the middle of the WWF's golden age (1997 - 2000ish).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No Mercy! Still get misty eyed thinking about how many 40 man knockout-only royal rumbles the late great Rowdy Roddy Piper won for me. Put Jesus in a sleeper hold, big Mon, make him wear those damned glasses....

Anyhoo, got ZSSamus, Tom Nook, Olimar and Peach in the 5 quid Amiibo thing, plus Captain Falcon off amazon. I wish I liked smash bros more so they weren't such a waste of money. The kid behind the counter in Smyth's even asked me what the appeal was, and all I could tell him was that there's a hole in my soul that I'm filling up with useless plastic tat. He took my money all the same, the enabling bastard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was that the blanch store by any chance, got the latest mario party for 3ds for €22 in the sex shop and Boo ooooooooohhhh amiibo for €5 in jervis, still no nook but he is still out there calling my name, I'm coming my lord and saviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Was that the blanch store by any chance, got the latest mario party for 3ds for €22 in the sex shop and Boo ooooooooohhhh amiibo for €5 in jervis, still no nook but he is still out there calling my name, I'm coming my lord and saviour.

What? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    What? :eek:

:pac:

I'm guessing he/she means CEX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nintendo really trying to attract the older crowd with Mario Sex Party

I ain't no he/she neither not during the week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got a mega yarn Yoshi and Olimar amiibo, thanks to whoever posted Smyths having them reduced

They had a smash dedede in Jervis too earlier today. Have it myself already.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Picked up a copy of Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) for 32 in CEX, pretty damn happy with that. Can't wait to give it a go this weekend!

Pink yoshi in jervis too for €5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OniTenshi wrote: »
    Picked up a copy of Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) for 32 in CEX, pretty damn happy with that. Can't wait to give it a go this weekend!

It's a gorgeous game.
    You can clatter through it in no time, but exploring and finding even some of the goodies makes it a more enjoyable and challenging game.

I'm on the second to last world in it at the moment and there are so many laugh out loud moments, where they've introduced a fabric mechanic and it's creative, hilarious and you've never seen it before, the section around curtain rails is an excellent example.
    There's been things like it, with Vines in SMW, but the sense of speed and the movement of the material, and the use of audio, Woolly World is just priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I love Woolly World. I picked up one of the cheap Pink Yoshis along with the 3DS version of the game on Friday, couldn't resist that Poochy Amiibo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Holy Moly!
    I forgot that was out!!!

I have to get my skates on and buy it, for that awesome Poochy Amiibo!

New goodies today
    Gameboy Pocket, in the classic silver and a bonus copy of Wario II as well!
    OgyFjlsm.jpg

More finds in my pile of hoardeness, a sealed Pokemon Diamond I forgot I had, love the retro red nintendo seal on it, do I open or do I hoard. :p

A weird GAME brand Wii classic controller too, will go nicely with my Nes Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have to get my skates on and buy it, for that awesome Poochy Amiibo!
    Can you get the amiibo on its own or only with the game?

• Advertisement

Only with the game and Smyths didn't get too many in stock, it was €50. CeX buy the game for €37 so you could get the amiibo for €13 that way if you like.

@RB
    I got ZS and Nook in Carrickmines (about a week ago), Olimar and Peach in Fonthill (saturday)

Both also had Mega Yarns and Pink Yarns, Duck Hunt.
    Fonthill had King Dedede, Ryu and someone else that I forget but was not fussed about.

If I'm in Carrickmines again I'll have a look for another Nook.

I'll have to see what the funding is like.
    This game is quite expensive, though it can be had, in a Poochy free state, for about €35.99 in Argos....

edit: Just remembered, I have a voucher for the Pavilions in Swords!
    I was hanging onto it for Switchmas, but buying it from Gamestop will still leave me with €45 to put towards an extra controller.
    Woohoo!

Gonna go to blanch looking for the crook later today, might get gold spay paint and touch him up. A false idol for a false economy.

Nook likes the suggestion but will charge you a modest 100,000 bells to touch is outfit up with paint, the Able sisters, Sable and Mable, get their cut too.

Touch up.
    Sable Able.
    This thread is pushing all the right sorts of wrong buttons for me today.

I mean I'm not saying I *would* do anything with a cartoon hedgehog, but if I had to and Sonic refused to put on the dress and lipstick, well...

Banjo wrote: »
    Touch up.
    Sable Able.
    This thread is pushing all the right sorts of wrong buttons for me today.

I mean I'm not saying I *would* do anything with a cartoon hedgehog, but if I had to and Sonic refused to put on the dress and lipstick, well...

Can't believe no one noticed it was the french clip by mistake!

I've caved and "Invested" €55 in Yoshi (& Poochy's) Woolly World.

While I acknowledge I spent the money for the darn darned Poochy Amiibo (sorry Sligeach), and I already own it on the WiiU.... it's bloody amazing!
    Possibly it's the next most impressive game on the 3DS after the two Kirby titles and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Also, gives a feel of what the Switch may be like, having home console gaming on the go....

But, if you've not bought the WiiU title and don't need the Amiibo, go for it, it's €35 in Argos at the moment.

Smyths offering Bomberman Switch for €55, will probably be available much cheaper online around launch time.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?q=bomberman#1&profile=IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got this off some chap on adverts.

16835881_662986923884375_5859240604727198687_o.jpg?oh=6a9a501f16367d06c8e8c1362b515238&oe=59291A28

Advertisement