Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Project Zero didn't get a physical release in the US if I recall correctly, so might be worth something in a few years!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've seen that around, kinda waiting for it to get a little cheaper before I try to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Corholio wrote: »
    Had never even seen this in stock in my local Gamestop before, pretty good for the Limited Edition. Only one they had it seems and have no idea if it was just store specific.

IMG_20170508_155800.jpg
    Not bad, I paid a tenner more I think when it was released, I didn't see a copy IRL at all.
    It's not bad but when I was playing it, the theme was a bit close to home at the time, so I stopped playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Someone broke the weather,I am not sure whether to blame a certain someone...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Someone broke the weather,I am not sure whether to blame a certain someone...

Star Lord?
    Sligeach?
    .... Ciderman???

• Advertisement

Yeah let's blame you guys damn ocarina trio, don't you know for fluid harmony you need at least a quartet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Got this off someone on the arcade & retro forum!

dB0vrvj.jpg

Picked up Advance Wars Dark Conflict in cex finglas for €6 earlier today. It's terrible, why oh why is it so terrible, it's like the godfather 3 level of terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This is neither here not there, but Cex Tallaght have had four copies of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on 'cube for a few weeks now.

I really want it, but not €75 want it, which i think is the price on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is neither here not there, but Cex Tallaght have had four copies of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on 'cube for a few weeks now.

I really want it, but not €75 want it, which i think is the price on it.

Almost positive that during my entire time working there, we had 2 copies in stock and ended up getting another 2 during my 6 months there. Don't see them selling anytime soon either.

I'm pretty sure I had to go get the manuals from the cases and put them into the gut wall with the CDs at one point just because I don't see anyone spending that much for anything less than perfect copies.. :L

That being said, I don't work there anymore, onto better things! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Linoud wrote: »
    Almost positive that during my entire time working there, we had 2 copies in stock and ended up getting another 2 during my 6 months there. Don't see them selling anytime soon either.

I'm pretty sure I had to go get the manuals from the cases and put them into the gut wall with the CDs at one point just because I don't see anyone spending that much for anything less than perfect copies.. :L

That being said, I don't work there anymore, onto better things! :P

I'd probably buy Gamecube games from Cex if they weren't so overpriced. Same with The Rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I saw a copy of Thousand-Year Door in Cex for 80+. Haha no.

In other news I bought Dragon Quest 8 and Bravely Default on 3DS.

I'm pretty lucky that I don't think there are any outstanding must haves missing in my GC collection, though it is isn't as extensive as the PS2 or even Xbox selection.
    The likes of Twin Snakes, Kirby's Air Ride as well as Smash Bros and Animal Crossing were picked up in the days when buying for retro systems was still a niche sub culture and, so, cheaper.
    Now it's mainstream and just getting pricier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I picked Twin Snakes in Woolworths for cheap back in the day. Looking at cex, it's mad they charge over twice what they give you in cash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    I picked Twin Snakes in Woolworths for cheap back in the day. Looking at cex, it's mad they charge over twice what they give you in cash

Gamestop gets a lot of deserved stick but CEX I've seen charge brand new prices of €75 for second hand games. I too often look at the second hand section but run for the hill when I see Paper Mario or Twin Snakes for €75 & you just know the disc is bad too. Same with Twilight Princess it's never dropped in value despite the HD remake on WiiU.
    Anyway enough ranting I bought Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice last night on whim. Hope it's good as the previous games :/

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyway enough ranting I bought Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice last night on whim. Hope it's good as the previous games :/
    It's a brilliant game I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I was bumping the thread for it a few weeks ago. I'd be glad to chat to you about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Uniqlo have released their Nintendo tshirts

wtlltw wrote: »
    Uniqlo have released their Nintendo tshirts
    Atavan is picking me up the Pikmin one for me, I just posted him some stuff.
    I'm raging when I saw then first I loved the AC and Kirby ones and they're for kids! :(

Bought Mario kart 8 deluxe but don't like it dare I say I hate it very much. Couple of vertigo scares playing it where the track rotates, bloody pissed as I really wanted it to be on the same level as Mario Kart 7. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's a brilliant game I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I was bumping the thread for it a few weeks ago. I'd be glad to chat to you about it :)

Haven't been able to start it yet. I've bought about 8 games in the Xbox sale & spent the week playing WWF No Mercy.
    Bought Mario kart 8 deluxe but don't like it dare I say I hate it very much. Couple of vertigo scares playing it where the track rotates, bloody pissed as I really wanted it to be on the same level as Mario Kart 7. :(

I never liked MK7. I think I hated that they ran out of time to put in a Vs mode. I liked having the choice of playing the AI in any track without playing Grand Prix.
    Never played Mario Kart 8....

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Haven't been able to start it yet. I've bought about 8 games in the Xbox sale & spent the week playing WWF No Mercy.
    Oh cool! I was watching a playthru that, they made Chris Beniot women's champion.
    https://youtu.be/Bqyx_ixK-b8
    I'd love to have a go of the older games again.

I got this off of Ollie yesterday
    A lovely thing indeed!

9f111e61338c4a9239572796b7fb1486.jpg

greenhouse_belso_k.jpg

Damn you and your pretty trinkets, it sure is purty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

^ I had it back in the days and sure don't miss it!!!

Bought a strange one an unboxed Dragon Quest V in CeX yesterday, need to find a good site to print the box art from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got this off of Ollie yesterday
    A lovely thing indeed!

9f111e61338c4a9239572796b7fb1486.jpg

greenhouse_belso_k.jpg

I used to have a Punch Out one of these when I was a kid, it had 2 little detachable controllers and some swine in school stole it off me, never to be seen again... :(

Fieldog wrote: »
    I used to have a Punch Out one of these when I was a kid, it had 2 little detachable controllers and some swine in school stole it off me, never to be seen again... :(

I say we get his address, take off, then nuke the site from orbit....
    Only way to be sure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I say we get his address, take off, then nuke the sure from orbit....
    Only way to be sure....

Just zap/nuke the whole of Dublin 9, it's bound to get him.... :)

Found it on the bould Google :

mh2m6H04wyPxigJBNVp6DQA.jpg

Those are lovely, and expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Holy crap - that's an 80's Switch!

Advertisement