Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

DAvhXUJXoAEX0f9.jpg:small

That's possibly the last Wii U retail game I get. Unless something springs out of nowhere like World to the West getting a physical release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    That's possibly the last Wii U retail game I get. Unless something springs out of nowhere like World to the West getting a physical release.

G'way outta that. You're bound to pick up at least three more copies of Mario Tennis!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    G'way outta that. You're bound to pick up at least three more copies of Mario Tennis!

A few sealed copies of Devil's Third and Star Fox Zero!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just collected the FC30Pro from 8bitdo, courtesy of Amazon and Parcel Motel, worked out at €40.
    And, with the new firmware, works a treat with the Switch.
    It's only slightly awkward, as I have to turn the system on and then the controller via it's own power button and the y button, but then you are golden, and it works great, just tried out Mario Kart 8 Dx and it's just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nice.

I'm thinking of picking up their wireless SNES controller. Heard great things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Might give Mario kart a try again soon so, am able to get either Lego City or Street Fighter in the morning as I got €30 worth of Argos vouchers as a gift and have €15 cash spare not sure which to go for so this is a premonition rather than a git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might give Mario kart a try again soon so, am able to get either Lego City or Street Fighter in the morning as I got €30 worth of Argos vouchers as a gift and have €15 cash spare not sure which to go for so this is a premonition rather than a git.

Think LEGO City is on offer in Smyths, might be worth a look!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Think LEGO City is on offer in Smyths, might be worth a look!

Oddly enough it's 2 cheaper in Argos at 38 vs 40 from Smyths. Euro symbol not recognised on boards anymore, what do the powers that be round these know that we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I bought a game in Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I bought a game in Gamestop!

Shame-GIF.gif

• Advertisement

Yeah but it was a Kirby title for a decent price. Not smyths clearance price but still

All is forgiven for Kirby, such a beautiful game.
    I wonder what are the chances of a Switch Kirby title...

Not if he paid full price, let's all get the rich kid, damn richer.

Argos amiibos back to full price hope they honor my €8.99 ganondorf

I paid full price on it's release, worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Has anyone bought Hyrule Historia? Is it worth a punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Argos amiibos back to full price hope they honor my €8.99 ganondorf

Ah crap, I just came in here on my way to booking a Callie and Marie. If you have a print out or mail with the price on it they usually honor it - just act really surprised at the till when they say "Gay-known-dorf am-ibo.? €14.99" and you should be grand.

Too sick to get in but reserved until Friday so I'm safe unless sweet lady diabeto take my life, she quite the cranky old bitcha lately, gay nan durf is how I've heard it said in there when I was ordering it on Sunday so not far off.

Not if he paid full price, let's all get the rich kid, damn richer.

Argos amiibos back to full price hope they honor my ?8.99 ganondorf

I didn't pay full. I said I got it for a good price just not smyths clearance prices.

Now go back and thank my post.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I didn't pay full. I said I got it for a good price just not smyths clearance prices.

Now go back and thank my post.

There is a special place in hell for those that think they got a bargain in gameslop, yours shall be a nes with the entire back catalogue but the console stays on blink mode. Hell hath no fury like a robbingbandit scorned.

Has anyone bought Hyrule Historia? Is it worth a punt?

It's a nice book alright, though the connections between games can be a bit forced.
    Honestly, Marvel do a shared universe and now everyone has to have one.
    It'll be interesting to see if they release an updated edition, to take into account the games that have been released since the books publication.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a gorgeous book, full of some wonderful Zelda art. The timeline stuff is a mess, and shouldn't really matter.

Figuring out the time line was always fun, I haven't read the book but mine always starts with Ocarina and ends with A Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds. Maybe I'd end with Breath of the Wild now though. Damn I'm gonna have to go Rick Sanchez portal gun mode on this now.

It's a mess though, as there was never intended to be any time line, so in an effort to ret-con one in, they made a branching time line structure, that just makes everything messy.

Here's a link to an image trying to portray all the games to date into the timelines. The CD-i timeline is obviously the worst. The age of darkness.

http://i.imgur.com/ZewLchB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Imagine the DLC! You can Portal Gun into any point in the Zelda timeline and the mechanics, rendering engine and viewpoint will change to match. It'd be like aLbW on steroids. The good kind that make you super-strong and angry, not the **** ones that make you fat and maudlin.

Banjo wrote: »
    Imagine the DLC! You can Portal Gun into any point in the Zelda timeline and the mechanics, rendering engine and viewpoint will change to match. It'd be like aLbW on steroids. The good kind that make you super-strong and angry, not the **** ones that make you fat and maudlin.

Already been done, but it backfired.
    He's Tiny Rick! Tiny Riiiiiiiiiiick!

More buff rick spitting on tingle and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Not a "get", and technically not Nintendo either, but Cash Converters in Belfast is selling an FC Twin for £39. Plays NES and SNES cartridges. How well? Only TIME will tell.

Cex in Ann Street have a fully boxed SNES for £100+ also. It's a Super Mario World pack, but the origin of it is unclear (it's not the same box as the one that was released in UK and Ireland).

I have a Retron5 and the quality of the emulation is pretty good.
    But I've barely used it over the two years I've owned it.
    Nice to have, but owning a region free SNES hooked up to a broadcast monitor via RGB means that's a more attractive way to play the systems library.

I picked up Lego City Undercover myself today, Traded in the Pokémon Go Plus sensor in CEX for cash and spent it around the corner in Argos.
    It seems ok....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Picked up a Boo Amiibo in Strabane ASDA today for just one pound! Was well chuffed. They also had some Donkey Kongs for that giveaway price too. Any other ones were full price though.

• Advertisement

Jesus I am definitely going to Lisburn the massive Asda near Belfast might have some of these I got boo in Smyth's for €5 a few months back, thanks for the info.

Advertisement