Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

If anyone sees a Boo cheap and doesn't mind picking me up one I'd appreciate uttered wasn't any in Argos, I should try Smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think the days of Smyth's having decent Amiibo are long gone, at least inside the pale.

In the queue for a 1 quid Boo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will be going to Newry tomorrow so if any Amiibo's I will grab a bucket load, Lisburn next week if I can manage it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just downloaded Thumper, again, this time for the Switch, and it's just as evil a beast as on the PS4.
    And, if they ever make a retail version, I'll probably buy that too!

Not my photo of course but this came today

spd_20161026120027_b.jpg

• Advertisement

Picked up Children of Mana for €10 in cex Liffey street, no manuel but very happy to find such a gem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

More of an Arcade and Retro get tbh, but worth posting here too,
    Two reproduction GBA carts arrived today,
    One was Mother and Mother 2, the former a lovely translation, by Tomato, of the original Famicom game and the latter a lacklustre effort but that's ok, I have Earthbound for the SNES.
    The other cart was the Tomato translation of Mother 3 which looks fantastic, looking forward to giving them a lash.

So, Cave Story+ arrived today, less than €30 with postage, and though preowned it has everything, including the nice manual and soundtrack mini CD.
    Can't wait to try it out!

Also, I believe that they are considering updating it to include the original visuals and audio, which would be a great addition to the pack.

I posted in A&R but it's a Ninty get too
    19693601_1954532314765405_9093086949031491242_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b76a38069a8ca180c3a8e8e060995538&oe=59D575A0

• Some of my recent gets.

Both the 3ds xl & the Switch coming on holidays next month :)

Ptw4Sc7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I picked up a few ninty ltd t-shirts in the uniqlo sale. posted to parcel motel.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/utgp2017-nintendo

Lost some of my amiibos and a rake of 3ds and ds games recently during a clear out at home someone helping me threw out a box full of gaming stuff by accident :(

Long story short I picked up Ocarina of Time yesterday in Argos for €18.99 and Ever Oasis in CeX today for €38 need to get Dragon Quest VIII from Argos or Smyths tomorrow both have it for €25.

Note to all keep your 3ds games in them their boxes especially rare ones otherwise your out a crap load to replace them, third time now I will have had to re buy pokemon X and y and I don't think I'll ever manage to replace persona q cartridge lucky enough it's cheap on the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Picked this up in Gamestop today. Never saw hardly any or any at all copies around even when it was released. Will be one of those more uncommon titles in a few years time I think.

IMG_20170719_163442.jpg

That is a stupid hard game.
    It makes me feel less of a man just playing it.
    So it sits there, mocking me from the shelf....

I always forget about that, should get a copy myself. Is it only hard to find locally?

A friend is looking for a pal N64 power supply, where's the best place to go? I asked on General Retro but got no reply, may as well ask while I'm here.

Retropolis guy on adverts might be worth a contact, even keep an eye on adverts for a cheap N64, can never have enough, the only dangerous amount is none

One fire emblem birthright and over six conquest left in airside Smyth's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I always forget about that, should get a copy myself. Is it only hard to find locally?

A friend is looking for a pal N64 power supply, where's the best place to go? I asked on General Retro but got no reply, may as well ask while I'm here.

CeX have a couple of N64 listed on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Symths has been selling off a bunch of pre owned stuff today! No switch stuff, but a fair bit of Wii U and 3DS stuff!

One day I don't look in pre owned section of smyths as it's usually tripe in swords Bastardos, still got two Fire Emblem for €30 and Teddy Together for €5 plus a near impossible to find Eagle Flight PS4 game for €10 hope I didn't miss anything good. For €3 they can't be good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

One day I don't look in pre owned section of smyths as it's usually tripe in swords Bastardos, still got two Fire Emblem for €30 and Teddy Together for €5 plus a near impossible to find Eagle Flight PS4 game for €10 hope I didn't miss anything good. For €3 they can't be good though.

I got Tomb Raider DE, Infamous Second Son, Borderlands Collection, COD AW, Captain Toad TT, Zelda Windwaker, Marvel Lego Avengers, MGS 5, The Order 1886, Knack, Wolfestein TNO, Rayman Origins, Pokemon X, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis and a few more for 3 quid each.

I had go between blanch and town for that mind.

Jesus you got everything again you git, I've had my eye on that Mario Golf in jervis for months damn good haul.

You must have 20 pokemon X by this stage.

Got Kingdom Hearts dream drop in Cex for €20 on Tuesday love the music. Fire Emblem Birthright is so damn good hope the dlc goes on sale again soon.

Got another belated birthday gift with loads of goodies, they're the Uniqlo tees <3

20258156_10213603688228025_308130946628303967_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=71726082fbcaa2db3369ba41bf1ca991&oe=5A387047

goods_09_199198?$pdp-medium$

199197_00_247N233F_A1_S.jpg

Ha pikmin one is class.

Found my animal crossing 3ds xl with Radiant Historia still in it thought I'd lost that so happy I've found it, weirdly therapeutic game to play.

Found my animal crossing 3ds xl with Radiant Historia still in it thought I'd lost that so happy I've found it, weirdly therapeutic game to play.

Saw you in Smyth's... I was too shy to say hi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Truly the Ross and Rachel of Nintendo gaming :)

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    you're like the Shyguy in the picture you linked me now :pac: jkjk
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Truly the Ross and Rachel of Nintendo gaming :)
    It could be a Bromance, max the social link

Advertisement