Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I knew that paleo comment and having a spidermonkey would bite me on the ass.

you're like the Shyguy in the picture you linked me now :pac: jkjk

It could be a Bromance, max the social link

Im a socially akward 115 year old into necro stuff yeah it might work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A grail get incoming for me tomorrow.
    I was only thinking of what consoles I wanted to get in 2017 a couple of weeks ago, and I was hard pressed to think of one, but this was the first one I thought of!
    I've wanted one of these for a very long time and I surprised to have found one relatively locally.
    I'll post pictures of it tomorrow, once I get it home and have made sure it's working!
    One of the problems with new consoles is that you end up with a new library of titles to start collecting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was only thinking of what consoles I wanted to get in 2017 a couple of weeks ago, and I was hard pressed to think of one, but this was the first one I thought of!
    I've wanted one of these for a very long time and I surprised to have found one relatively locally.
    I'll post pictures of it tomorrow, once I get it home and have made sure it's working!
    One of the problems with new consoles is that you end up with a new library of titles to start collecting!
    I've no guesses, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The TI-99? BEST SOCCER GAME EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    The TI-99? BEST SOCCER GAME EVER!

Sensi Soccer is the only soccer game.

So, a little spin to Naas and I'm The proud father of this beauty
    W9mfehxm.jpg

It's a Sharp Famicom Twin, a combined Nintendo Famicom and the Famicom Disk System.
    The console has had its drive band (rubber band!) replaced so it should have years of play left in it.
    Seller also threw in Rockman (Megaman) 3 and Super Mario Bros 2 ( USA/Lost Levels) for free!
    Also included is a dual voltage PSU, so no stepdown is necessary.
    Woohoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

W9mfehxm.jpg

It's a Sharp Famicom Twin, a combined Nintendo Famicom and the Famicom Disk System.

Never knew such a thing existed, looks awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

W9mfehxm.jpg

The console has had its drive band (rubber band!) replaced so it should have years of play left in it.
    Seller also threw in Rockman (Megaman) 3 and Super Mario Bros 2 ( USA/Lost Levels) for free!
    Also included is a dual voltage PSU, so no stepdown is necessary.
    Woohoo!!

Very nice, although it's no titler.

Nice and all but can it poach eggs, a converted toaster snes with a glued on famicom mini could.

• Advertisement

Nice and all but can it poach eggs, a converted toaster snes with a glued on famicom mini could.

It's a thing of rare beauty.
    And now I finally have one.
    You can crack on and look for Nintendo themed breakfast buddy if you like, but I'm too busy playing Super Mario Bros 2 and Rockman 3 on my new console!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm too busy playing Super Mario Bros 2

The Lost Levels to us PAL peasants

Inviere wrote: »
    The Lost Levels to us PAL peasants

That's the one!

I thought I was going to have to buy it, but I was lucky enough to get that game and Rockman 3 with it.
    €140 for the lot, pretty happy at that.

Damn you vile woman its a thing of wonder.

Damn you vile woman its a thing of wonder.

I know I've got a working NES and a lovely Famicom there, but it is really nice to play my Famicom and NES (via adaptor) games on the Famicom Twin.
    Just had an hour of Gradius 2, Parodius, Super Mario Bros 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2, utter Ninty bliss!
    Everyone, never mind the Mini Classic systems, just buy a Famicom and be happy forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

FWoQUv8.jpg

Glad I found the Zelda TP guide for 8 quid, not much exciting otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just after getting the wii u for free off my brother. All he has is the 2 bayoneta games so what should I get for it? Has the pro controller

Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland, Super Mario Maker, Wonderful 101 (although rumours suggest this will be ported)

Got a Switch?
    If no :
    Mariokart, Hyrule Warriors (FE Warriors due soon), Splatoon, Smash Bros (it's inevitable)., Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Got PC / Other contemporaneous Console?
    If no :
    AC: Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Batman : Arkham City, Zombi U, Darksiders II, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight.

Got Gamecube/Wii?
    If no :
    Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Got excess sense of self worth?
    If yes :
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. That'll get rid of them sharpish.

Got excess sense of self worth?
    If yes :
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. That'll get rid of them sharpish.

This, especially, is as true as true can be.

1st impression : Ha! Kids game, nice visuals, nice way to spend a couple of hours, sure it's probably like Kirby
    giphy.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXo0oEZL2bxvO6hsQudWTnskz4WJUYQsNpkGSpfu4poyB1GWvMIA

bloodborneyoudied1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Must def pick up mario. And smash bros for sure. Thanks for the list. Looking forward to playing with the young fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm constantly tempted by the idea of getting a Wii again to play some of those Gamecube classics. Dunno how I'd justify another box under the telly to the missus though.

Depending on what kind of significant other you are, try :
    "My love, I think of (around 90% of) your eyes every time I look at this shiney white box."

"Look Mrs Fixxxer. The box can go Head, Gut or under the telly, your choice!"

"Let me put this here, and I assure you madam, you *shall* get the ride"

"Sky/Virgin/yer man down the pub we bought the Kodi box off (delete as applicable) said we have to connect this to the TV immediately or we run out of Poldarks!"

<mess up your hair, hold the Wii before you and leer at it> "Point seven! two! nine! Gigahertz..... Pooooweeeerrrrrr!"

"Remember last year you said for our anniversary you wanted to see Broadway?" and hand her a tri-wing. This is a feeble chipset joke.

Depending on what kind of significant other you are, try :
    "My love, I think of (around 90% of) your eyes every time I look at this shiney white box."

"Look Mrs Fixxxer. The box can go Head, Gut or under the telly, your choice!"

"Let me put this here, and I assure you madam, you *shall* get the ride"

"Sky/Virgin/yer man down the pub we bought the Kodi box off (delete as applicable) said we have to connect this to the TV immediately or we run out of Poldarks!"

<mess up your hair, hold the Wii before you and leer at it> "Point seven! two! nine! Gigahertz..... Pooooweeeerrrrrr!"

"Remember last year you said for our anniversary you wanted to see Broadway?" and hand her a tri-wing. This is a feeble chipset joke.

Wow you can play them like a mandolin sir, or another stringed instrument, perhaps a Ukulele, also leave Tinkles alone.

Banjo wrote:

This would work more effectively than I am comfortable admitting.

mkR64jt.jpg

Went all the way to cex Tallaght for this, and I couldn't find the case so thought someone had bought it or they'd lost the case. Turned out someone hid it behind the DVD's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damn foiled!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Damn foiled!

My metroid! :D

The first of few new ninty gets ive ordered arrived today, a little annoyed at the address pal 16eur delievrey but ah well.

9m1Fskml.jpg?1

The first of few new ninty gets ive ordered arrived today, a little annoyed at the address pal 16eur delievrey but ah welL

16€?! That cant be right?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    16€?! That cant be right?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

yea its 16eur min delivery from the US from 0 - 2kg home delivery as they dont do local post office collection for their US service for some reason. and this is before they even charge for customs if it applies to whatever you ordered.

Advertisement