Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    The Samus Returns Legacy Edition is a thing of beauty. And the Metroid Amiibo is probably the best looking one to date.

I was thinking of buying the new Samus Amiibo as well but there isn't really that much between it and the Smash Bros Samus Amiibo, so I left it.
    The Metroid remains in it's pack, in the off chance that, within the year, selling it could pay off the mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

This post has been deleted.

That's disappointing. Why isn't there a way to get all of the content? I think I'll pass on the boxed versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sweet gooey goodness

My thanks to my mysterious benefactor. Meeting boardsies in real life is weird. You want to call them by their boards name but you know, deep down, that real life isn't like Top Gun and Kelly McGillis is never going to drop that restraining order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up the SNES mini this morning
    22135655_1994476197437683_2871102653643159235_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b2940411c0d72a8e4568952ee05b99f3&oe=5A8586C2

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Meeting boardsies in real life is weird. You want to call them by their boards name
    I know a lot of boardsies irl from Arcade and Retro, took ages to go by real names but one of them I have to call by the username, it actually suits them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know a lot of boardsies irl from Arcade and Retro, took ages to go by real names but one of them I have to call by the username, it actually suits them.

What about when they're weirdos that change username? :D

Like you or I did!

Star Lord wrote: »
    What about when they're weirdos that change username? :D

Like you or I did!
    Yeah my old username was easier irl of course same for you. I just got bored, felt dizzy watching Yoshi 's Island so...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sweet gooey goodness

My thanks to my mysterious benefactor. Meeting boardsies in real life is weird. You want to call them by their boards name but you know, deep down, that real life isn't like Top Gun and Kelly McGillis is never going to drop that restraining order.

Banjo to his Metroid Amiibo
    "Take me to bed or lose me forever!"

In Banjo's head the Amiibo replies
    "Show me the way home honey!'

And, I've invited folk from this forum before, but it's well worth coming along to mine for the Xmas Beers this December, put some faces/names to usernames.
    It's always good craic as Starlord and Touch Fuzzy can attest .
    Plus, there's secret santa and playing/talking games all evening into the early morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Pokemon moon on adverts for €25 enjoys the darkness during daytime not enjoying very stupid cut scenes again, grrrrr.

• Advertisement

Just got part of my son's Xmas present today, from Grainger Games.
    A 2DS:XL for the princely sum of £118.99 and they even through in an official power supply.
    Now, it wasn't well packaged tbh, feels a bit of a throw back to the days before Amazon and their more standardised packing.
    Only other thing is the big price sticker on the box, which I'll have to somehow remove before the big day.
    I also ordered him a Cuphead t-shirt, as it's the latest game he is likely to finish before me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Only other thing is the big price sticker on the box, which I'll have to somehow remove before the big day.

Hair dryer for a couple of minutes. It'll peel right off.

They're a great shop would love to seem them open here.

The sticker peeled right off, no residue or anything, perfect.
    It seems it was a "Deal of the Week!" which doesn't surprise me, can't see them making any profit on a 2DS:XL for that price.
    But the young fella will be delighted.
    Last year he got loads of stuff.
    One of which was a new Ipad....
    It got lots of play too.
    Right up to early March.
    The Switch utterly devastated his ipad gaming habit, he hasn't turned it on in months, no messing.
    If that's in anyway typical of what 14 year olds will be doing, Nintendo have their money made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The sticker peeled right off, no residue or anything, perfect.
    It seems it was a "Deal of the Week!" which doesn't surprise me, can't see them making any profit on a 2DS:XL for that price.
    But the young fella will be delighted.
    Last year he got loads of stuff.
    One of which was a new Ipad....
    It got lots of play too.
    Right up to early March.
    The Switch utterly devastated his ipad gaming habit, he hasn't turned it on in months, no messing.
    If that's in anyway typical of what 14 year olds will be doing, Nintendo have their money made.
    Seen an American kid around 12 walk out of the marker hotel playing the switch while I was waiting outside for a guest so it is catching on with that age group.
    I was going to pull out my Switch and whistle and give him a knowing nod but I backed out in the end.
    Unfortunately my own 13 year old has never touched my Switch, or the Wii U before it(it was actually his Xmas present). Unfortunately it's only cod and Fifa for him and the very odd other game. Didn't even want to use the psvr much.
    So your doing a great job getting yours into proper games.

He's been dipping into my collection for years now, initially on a GBA, then a DS and now a 2DS.
    On home consoles it's been Wii, PS3/4 and the various Xbox consoles.
    Game wise it's proper stuff, I've been careful to keep GTA and such out of his hands but he's finished two Souls games, Bloodborne and the Dishonored titles, those with the no kill achievements, not to mention Ace Attorney and two of its sequels too.
    So, a busy lad, and good gaming taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

iamtony wrote: »
    Seen an American kid around 12 walk out of the marker hotel playing the switch while I was waiting outside for a guest so it is catching on with that age group.
    I was going to pull out my Switch and whistle and give him a knowing nod but I backed out in the end.
    Unfortunately my own 13 year old has never touched my Switch, or the Wii U before it(it was actually his Xmas present). Unfortunately it's only cod and Fifa for him and the very odd other game. Didn't even want to use the psvr much.
    So your doing a great job getting yours into proper games.

Disown or put up for adoption. It's the only way to redeem yourself.

Sine Mora Ex incoming, PM should have it for collection tomorrow, great game, though a €15 premium for wanting it on the Switch in physical form, over the €10 on Steam

Argos doing it for €25 was in picking up Lego set and seen it was on their system, looks interesting enough game

I have it on the Vita and PS3, nice to have a physical.copy though.

I can see every indie Dev who has made a title in the last 8 years raiding the cupboard for the source code, so they can make a few bob from the comparatively small eshop market on the Switch.

I'm hoping for, dare I dream it, a physical copy of Super Hexagon...
    If rumours of VVVVVV are true there's no reason why not...

• Advertisement

Sine Mora Ex incoming....

I was initially excited about this, looks great and I need some old school arcadey timewasters on there, but the reviews haven't been great.

In your experience (assuming you've got it by now!) is it reviewing poorly because of the Sligeach factor (i.e. it's a port, it's more expensive than other platforms, supports Amiibo) or are there issues with the game on Switch?

(not suggesting those aren't valid concerns, but you know I'm not a Conslut, I'm Ninty all the way so I have no other avenues open to me. )

I was playing it this morning and found it to be a perfect port of the edition I have on other formats.
    If you don't have it and you love shmups or were impressed with it the first time, it's worth the budget price.
    In Sligeach's case, and others no doubt, this game has never appeared on Nintendo hardware before, so if you are a Ninty only kinda gamer then this is a great opportunity to play a good innovative shooter.

As I've said elsewhere, the Switch is going to host every major indie release for sure.

Sligeach's name has been invoked three times, here's Johnny.

Picked up Kirby in Argos for €18 for 3ds box art rabble rabble rabble game, it's bootiful. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers for help lads. I had good few questions yesterday about switch. Shops opened up today and I got a starter pack. Later on will get more controllers, mempry card and case etc.

IMG_20171017_155413.jpg

• Where is the beer!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is the beer!!?

I would love to, but I am broke now. :)
    On top of all that got 60 quid on account and got snipperclips or whats its called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Picked these up today. Didn't get any notification or anything that it had arrived in store, as I had it pre-ordered. It was the only one they got in my local Gamestop.

IMG_20171110_151704.jpg

Gorgeous!
    Preordered too but circumstances conspired to prevent me picking it up. Reckon they'll hold it? Or give me me fiver back via PayPal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gorgeous!
    Preordered too but circumstances conspired to prevent me picking it up. Reckon they'll hold it? Or give me me fiver back via PayPal?

The Gamestop near me are fairly relaxed about holding onto it for 2 or 3 days if you let them know.

• Advertisement

Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Dragon Quest Chapters of the Chosen in CeX in the past few days, prices were high in both cases but nice addition to my growing ds backlog.

Advertisement