Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

23561576_790217341161332_8707218427333252804_n.jpg?oh=94cdae67673544862392ea6862373267&oe=5A95A92B

The top of the shell has a little clicky bit on the poke ball you can click to your hearts content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wasn't sure how big those items were, thank God you put in a satsuma for scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Does the Ultra Dual edition contain anything other than the two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    Wasn't sure how big those items were, thank God you put in a satsuma for scale!

That's no satsuma, that's a basketball! Fully operational one too, I might add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Where did you get the dual edition? Was it dear?

• Advertisement

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Does the Ultra Dual edition contain anything other than the two games?

A steel book case and a code for 100 potions in game.

23916067_794003480782718_257690256304702684_n.jpg?oh=842ffbd6b1c6d0dccd10472687e1d5d8&oe=5ACF005B

**** you Cex wanting 65 quid odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Duck you too for selling more than 20 of this particular game in the past 2 years. :p

Duck you too for selling more than 20 of this particular game in the past 2 years. :p

Shush you.

24173095_794460950736971_8170065996811197487_o.jpg?oh=98a65d39d331aed05fe072e812c4b140&oe=5AD04FD8

Them 3 are my latest switch purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I am a fan of that UI.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I am a fan of that UI.

Similar to the PS4 one with the row of games. The Switch dark theme looks a lot better than the light one above I think. :)

On the way to get Pokemon Ultra Moon cause I am a sociopath who can't stop buying 3ds games.

2018 needs to be the ninty forum intervention period. Me well not first as I want to keep indulging this crazy collecting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yay finally came today!

VXjFFn2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

IWfTX9j.jpg?2

Arrived yesterday (and nabbed Xeno2 when it was cheap in Argos on Friday)

The first Switch related bits arrived today. The controller feels amazing in the hand, more weight to it than the Wii U pro controller which is nice. Just need the Switch itself to arrive now and I'll be sorted. :pac:

bNGtsEK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you get a box of Daz you're going to look soooo foolish :D

Banjo wrote: »
    If you get a box of Daz you're going to look soooo foolish :D

Not sure which would be worse - getting a box of washing up powder or the awful puns on here! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I got the Orzly case and screen protectors a few days ago. Not mad about the colour of the case, and the fact that it doesn't fit the charger that comes with the Switch is a tiny bit annoying, although that's massive tbf. Besides that it seems good.

The screen protector package is very good. Loads of bits and pieces to help you get the thing on properly, great instructions and the cover itself seems suitably tough.

Waiting on BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim from amazon.de, along with some USB-C cables and a bluetooth receiver for the headphone jack. Also hoping Santy will bring Mario+Rabbids and Mario Kart, so should have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I got the Orzly case and screen protectors a few days ago. Not mad about the colour of the case, and the fact that it doesn't fit the charger that comes with the Switch is a tiny bit annoying, although that's massive tbf. Besides that it seems good.

The screen protector package is very good. Loads of bits and pieces to help you get the thing on properly, great instructions and the cover itself seems suitably tough.

Waiting on BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim from amazon.de, along with some USB-C cables and a bluetooth receiver for the headphone jack. Also hoping Santy will bring Mario+Rabbids and Mario Kart, so should have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

Yeah I'm going to put on that protector first thing when I get the Switch, install any updates then put it back in the box til Christmas (even though it's a present to myself!).

Do you have a link for the bluetooth receiver you mentioned? It would be great to use headphones while the Switch is still docked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm going to put on that protector first thing when I get the Switch, install any updates then put it back in the box til Christmas (even though it's a present to myself!).

Do you have a link for the bluetooth receiver you mentioned? It would be great to use headphones while the Switch is still docked.

It was just a cheapo job from the thread in bargain alerts from some random Asian company:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105481131#post105481131

It hasn't arrived and probably won't for a while so no idea how well it might work but worth a punt for pennies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got two Wii games today,
    Gunblade and Day of Disaster.
    The former is showing its age but the latter is pretty good, a survival horror where the monsters are the calamity happening to the city around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Gunblade's 'Score Attack' is the just most addictive thing. You establish one score and then you're like "I can do better' and, before you know, you're in an unending war to outdo yourself. Also, the VO is a fine precursor to the cheesy heights of HotD and Ghost Squad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would love if they'd bring Starblade Alpha back, just loved the original arcade game and the edition released on the 3DO, even the PS version was great.

Thankfully no box of Daz! So much for waiting until next summer to get one. :pac:

Mario Odyssey is due next Monday so I'll get Zelda and Puyo Puyo, then Golf Story from the store and that will do me for Christmas I think.

Still searching for a decent case.

7JmKwLW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Thankfully no box of Daz! So much for waiting until next summer to get one. :pac:

Mario Odyssey is due next Monday so I'll get Zelda and Puyo Puyo, then Golf Story from the store and that will do me for Christmas I think.

Still searching for a case decent case.

I started Playing Mario & Rabbits yesterday after ignoring it for bigger games. Its actually really fun. Enjoy it dude :)

QP82Vwz.jpg

Posted this in the 3DS thread originally :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw CEX were offering €42 credit for BoTW (WiiU) so brought it and some others I have double dipped on Steam and ended up with €83 so grabbed Mario + Rabbids and Bomberman R with a bit spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

A nice Legend of Zelda mug arrived in the post for me today. :) Hyrulian tea, anyone?

5xtohi.jpg

• Advertisement

Bought ultra sun to use as a gift not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :/

Advertisement