Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Most of its broadly cookie cutter from the Wii original but the golf game is brilliant, with the gamepad on the floor displaying the ball, you looking down the fairway on the TV and addressing the ball with a Wii mote ( hello ball!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I didn't pick any up but might be off interest to others.

Gamestop in Stephen's Green have Mario & Wind Waker character mugs reduced to €4.99 and also heat changing Mario & Zelda mugs for €6.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Picked up Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff for the Wii U. It would be a pretty non interesting, if slightly uncommon, get if it wasn't for the fact that this now completes the full Pal Wii U collection, not including variants. Couple of tricky ones in there to eventually get but been a fun and relatively inexpensive collection, if you can wait on very decent deals. The most expensive selling one is one you would never think as well.

There are some scheduled Wii U games to be released like Just Dance 2019 and Axiom Verge, which on last update wasn't cancelled yet, so will eventually pick up them too.

Bah. Boards reduces photo quality quite a bit.

IMG_20180823_180223.jpg

IMG_20180824_132729.jpg

IMG_20180824_133555.jpg

IMG_20180824_134444.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Corholio wrote: »

IMG_20180824_134444.jpg

Nice collection!
    Spotted cocoto 2 there i this pic, didnt know the wiiu had a game with guns for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice collection!
    Spotted cocoto 2 there i this pic, didnt know the wiiu had a game with guns for it.

Ya it's a fairly straight forward gallery shooter with nice enough 'paper' effect graphics. Can use the Gamepad to aim and shoot as well but became awkward after a while. It actually used to be the rarest, or one of, Wii U games but it's come down a lot in price. Big Ben Entertainment games are always made in small amounts, they always tend to be sought after collecting wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Congrats on the collection, Corholio!

Went a bit mad the last week or so, getting south park, la noire, octopath and mario + Rabbids. But still only playing rocket league and battle chef brigade.

Gutted I don't have 25 GB free for Noire :) and to think I defended that ****ty decision

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just picked up a physical copy of the well recieved Super Chariot in Argos for €17.99.
    I don't know why but these physical releases definitely have a strange hold over me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I picked up Pokemon FireRed and Etrian Odyssey 3, two games of pure rpg joy.

Waiting for you to post here for ages _Godot_ ... thought you'd never get here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Flinthook and Mercenary Kings arrived today from Limited Run Games unfortunately had to pay custom charges looks like their "We prepay customs fees in many countries, tho" sadly doesn't cover Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

New 3ds Xl Pokemon Sun and Moon edition unboxed in excellent condition for €125 from CeX my monster hunter silver new xl has seen better days so I thought about grabbing a back up, pity the firmware has been updated on both of them, I might have a go at the monster hunter one to see if I can do anything with it, would love to play Radiant Historia update but it's a very expensive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just picked up NBA 2K19 on cartridge. Still has a whopping 28gb download patch with it. First time I've needed to delete software on my Switch.

I picked up Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS in CEX, only €22.
    And hope to collecting a physical copy of Dead Cells tomorrow, €25.
    In non Nintendo gets almost bought a SFIV TE stick for a rock bottom price for my PS3, but I'm inundated with arcade sticks right now.
    I'd rather build one for the NES/Famicom, one for the Atari machines in my life and more, so much to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In non Nintendo gets almost bought a SFIV TE stick for a rock bottom price for my PS3, but I'm inundated with arcade sticks right now.

As someone who is not inundated with sticks, what is this rock bottom price you speak of?

€38....
    But it is PS3 only...
    In CEX Balbriggan

Picked up Dead Cells, very nice game.
    It feels like Castlevania but the bloody dungeon keeps changing every time I snuff it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dragon Quest VII was hard to play still have both VII and VIII to finish got my hands on Magical Starsign from CeX recently really nice jrpg very overlooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Picked up Dead Cells, very nice game.
    It feels like Castlevania but the bloody dungeon keeps changing every time I snuff it!

As you keep collecting souls and blueprints, you unlock more permanent upgrades though, which start to stack up and help

Star Lord wrote: »
    As you keep collecting souls and blueprints, you unlock more permanent upgrades though, which start to stack up and help

I think I'm just sh1te at games.
    It's taken a while to get to that realisation but I think I'm just going to have to accept it!

My Gamecube Anthology book arrived yesterday. Very well produced book and looks to be very comprehensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

My Gamecube Anthology book arrived yesterday. Very well produced book and looks to be very comprehensive.

Got mine a few weeks ago too, still need to open it! Off today, might sit down with a cuppa and have a look through it. Have the PS1 and N64 Anthology books too, love them.

Have supported their SNES Anthology book too. Should get that next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Gamecube is the first console I purchased with my own money, in 6th class, and on launch day and remains my favourite console ever to this day; I became a Nintendo convert after!

Where would I buy such a book.... :rolleyes::confused:

Gamecube is the first console I purchased with my own money, in 6th class, and on launch day and remains my favourite console ever to this day; I became a Nintendo convert after!

Where would I buy such a book.... :rolleyes::confused:

Can be bought directly from the publisher

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/home/26-gamecube-anthology-classic-edition-9791093752426.html

I got Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU yesterday, in CEX, for a tenner.
    Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Got 2x Famicom Minis and Super Famicom MINI as part of a double pack and special edition in Japan last weekend. Couple with a Neo Geo mini and bunch of Japan N64 games. Those artworks. yum

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mNnyf-WQElyoL0EjtTIKcM47Jc8SXygTKGoGDR45-2F8oynDHlBvHOYC4f935Rlvq0fbW1L6QdUJBjGDUQ=w1026-h770-rw

Got 2x Famicom Minis and Super Famicom MINI as part of a double pack and special edition in Japan last weekend. Couple with a Neo Geo mini and bunch of Japan N64 games.

Upj11-BIBJApcMwb37_TR5-IrgvVeJRg7saZkSlL5F7UFv-xdUfANUhh8Cd3NC6pMB2cQE42gQQWRaUGvw=w578-h770-rw

mNnyf-WQElyoL0EjtTIKcM47Jc8SXygTKGoGDR45-2F8oynDHlBvHOYC4f935Rlvq0fbW1L6QdUJBjGDUQ=w1026-h770-rw

kevin2me wrote: »
    Got 2x Famicom Minis and Super Famicom MINI as part of a double pack and special edition in Japan last weekend. Couple with a Neo Geo mini and bunch of Japan N64 games.

Upj11-BIBJApcMwb37_TR5-IrgvVeJRg7saZkSlL5F7UFv-xdUfANUhh8Cd3NC6pMB2cQE42gQQWRaUGvw=w578-h770-rw

mNnyf-WQElyoL0EjtTIKcM47Jc8SXygTKGoGDR45-2F8oynDHlBvHOYC4f935Rlvq0fbW1L6QdUJBjGDUQ=w1026-h770-rw

I take it the top photo is the store rather than your collection ...
    Cause there's a few of your doubles I'd have a hankering for!

I take it the top photo is the store rather than your collection ...
    Cause there's a few of your doubles I'd have a hankering for!

Hey Cidey

Unfortunately yes, that's Super Potato in Akihabara. I bought a Double Pack NES SNES jap mini there and Neo Geo Mini along with the n64 carts Some shop it was! Probably best spot in Akihabara. I blew 350e there and another 350e on arcade capcom Iao and some naomi carts. Yolo 😄

I got an arcade stick for the NES yesterday,
    Very nice indeed
    retrobit1-noscale.jpg

I'm going to change the cable over, as I do my 8-bit Ninty gaming on the Famicom Twin and Famicom mostly.
    Or I might make an adaptor.
    Either way it's pretty decent.

Might glue something heavy into the base though, make it a bit more substantial to use.
    The components seem pretty good too, with the stick restrictor gate able to be changed from 8-way to 4-way depending on your tastes.

• Advertisement

Big ass haul of Famicom games incoming!
    Calling to Carlow to collect them on Friday morning.
    Can't wait!
    Looks like a mixed bag of all sorts, and I have a couple already, ripe for re-gifting this Christmas!
    I see a boxed Xevious there, for example, which I already own.
    I'd hope there's Parodius in there, I already have it on the NES but the Famicom version would be great to own, to go alongside my Gradius/Gradius II/Salamander carts also for the Famicom.

Advertisement