Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm back baby Let's go Eevee switch bundle check Legendary Fishing for €10 from Smyth's check tomorrow I go for one of Smash Bros Skyrim or Zelda

The decals in the switch and dock are pretty. 20 months since I've had one it still feels as good as the first time.

Picked up the fishing game a few days ago...... hooked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Kimbot wrote: »
    Picked up the fishing game a few days ago...... hooked :)

Bizarre that the latest Zelda doesn't have standard fishing in it. It's got beautiful water, fish, landscapes ... Only fishing is with explosives ...:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So...
    Ace Attorney Trilogy has been available on my Japanese eShop for the last little while and I wondered if it had English support...
    Consider me delighted when it was confirmed by a quick Google today!
    It's not out until April officially over here but I'm looking at the game icon on my Switch desktop right now, labelled with the English language logo, downloading away.
    Only 1.2Gb as well.
    And the price, 3300 yen, around €26.
    My son already has them for the DS but I think this will be a real surprise and treat for him tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've just taken delivery of a Wii U 32gb version, with Mario Kart 8 pre installed.

To get me started, i've got Star Fox, Super mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World (or land?), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Maker & Zombi U.

I got games last week before I actually had the console in my grubby paws - I only went and bought Mario Kart 8 as well, so now have it on the double:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Kirby Planet Robobot and Samus Returns for 3ds, new from Amazon Germany. 65 quid delivered. Which isn't bad. The Amazon app is a curse for taking your money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got myself Diablo 3 and Mario kart 8 in the last week.

My switch collection so far:

Super Mario Brothers Deluxe
    Mario odyssey
    Captain toad
    Mario kart 8
    Legendary fishing
    Diablo 3
    And I bought a few pinball tables on pinball fx.

I think they should keep me going now for a while, only other game I might add is rocket league but only if it goes cheap as it would be more for the young lad when we go away in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Toki yesterday gonna attempt to make up the arcade cabinet. Loved the mega drive version it was ****e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Travis Strikes Again arrived today. Brings my Switch library to 6. Only 3 of those played

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I bought Ape Out & Semispheres yesterday (I liked the demo plus it was 50% off). Haven't played either yet because I'm elbows deep in Starlink, but it won't be long...

I'm curious about Travis Strikes Again - I liked NMH2 (played that first) but haven't revisited it in years, and I wasn't as sold on NMH (controls were coarser, to be expected given the lack of Motion Plus). A lot of reviews suggest it's quite repetitive, which puts me off given it doesn't sound like a particularly long game to begin with.

Bought Skyrim and One Piece World Red am building quite the collection and all without Breath of the Wild I'm avoiding it like the plague or savouring it, big whoop wanna fight about it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a Hudsonsoft Multi-tap for my SNES in RAGE the other day.
    Very nice indeed.
    It'll go nicely with my Super Bomberman games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got a Hudsonsoft Multi-tap for my SNES in RAGE the other day.
    Very nice indeed.
    It'll go nicely with my Super Bomberman games.

those things were hard to get EVEN BACK IN THE DAY. good find

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Picked up this yoshi fight pad for wii u in cex for 22 quid. Very nices856811648446488490_p2727_i1_w1024.jpeg

Just picked up Captain Toad on 3DS for the princely sum of €15 from a seller on Adverts.
    Looking forward to playing it through there, as well as on Switch!

Damn I nearly offered €15 for that why is Swords so far away.

Bought Atelier Lydie for Switch in CeX loved the series on PS3 and Vita gonna flit between my Switch games for the next few weeks and then finally cave and buy Mario Odyssey Mario Kart and Zelda

Damn I nearly offered €15 for that why is Swords so far away.

Bought Atelier Lydie for Switch in CeX loved the series on PS3 and Vita gonna flit between my Switch games for the next few weeks and then finally cave and buy Mario Odyssey Mario Kart and Zelda

Picked up the loot goblin amiibo for diablo :)

My first amiibo, hopefully it's not going to have me collecting them all haha

I picked up a pxn wireless controller, I have to say it's a decent piece of kit :) so far played a bit of Mario kart with it but I really got it to try on diablo, when I play with the joy cons it's like it doesn't register up and to the right on the left stick 60% of the time so I hope the joycon isn't knackered.

I received my last WiiU game ever today, I really don't see myself buying another game for the format.
    Rodea the Sky Soldier, around a tenner from Amazon, including the superior Wii version of the game.
    I'm looking forward to giving it a blast.

I am also awaiting a very nice copy of Pacman Vs for the Gamecube.
    It's the Japan release of the game, the edition that was offered from Club Nintendo in that territory.
    PAC-MAN-VS-Club-Nintendo-GC-GameCube-Japan-JP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Picked up a silver GBA SP on eBay. Unfortunately it's a AGS001 not a AGS110 that the seller thought they were selling. Tbf looking at the seller & the games includes the person is not someone who used it much as it's in incredibly condition & she did give me back a chunk of the fee.
    The screen tho....it taunts me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Finally got this today after ordering it in March.

YJcjCgN.jpg

Went overboard in the past few weeks

Yoshi
    Octopath Traveller
    The World Ends With You
    Yokus Island
    Mario Odyssey
    Trailblazers
    And Finally Zelda is mine again

And that's on top of the other 7 switch games I have

Bought Diablo III and Wolf Link Amiibo this evening I'm stopping at that unless Mario Kart or Final Fantasy come up cheap.

I love my switch so very much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hadn't bought anything in ages for the Switch until I saw a review of Virtua Racing recently, and then picked up a bunch of games in the sale. Pleasantly surprised how easy it was to set up JPN and ZAF accounts. All the new additions:

Virtua Racing
    Xeodrifter
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Mana Spark
    Hunter's Legacy Purrfect Edition
    N++
    Mutant Mudds Collection
    The Messenger
    Gunbird 2
    Iron Crypticle
    Debris Infinity
    Anger Force Reloaded (brilliant vert shmup)
    Steredenn
    NeuroVoider
    Rogue Legacy
    Splasher
    Rolling Gunner.

Should keep me going for ages. :)

Will pick up Dragon Blaze and ImageFight at some point also. Seriously tempted to pick up that HRAP V next payday, but then I'd probably want to swap out the stick and buttons. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hadn't bought anything in ages for the Switch until I saw a review of Virtua Racing recently, and then picked up a bunch of games in the sale. Pleasantly surprised how easy it was to set up JPN and ZAF accounts. All the new additions:

Virtua Racing
    Xeodrifter
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Mana Spark
    Hunter's Legacy Purrfect Edition
    N++
    Mutant Mudds Collection
    The Messenger
    Gunbird 2
    Iron Crypticle
    Debris Infinity
    Anger Force Reloaded (brilliant vert shmup)
    Steredenn
    NeuroVoider
    Rogue Legacy
    Splasher
    Rolling Gunner.

Should keep me going for ages. :)

Will pick up Dragon Blaze and ImageFight at some point also. Seriously tempted to pick up that HRAP V next payday, but then I'd probably want to swap out the stick and buttons. Hmmm.

I thought I was bad picking up Steamworld Dig, Thumper, Horizon Turbo Chase and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove in one day, but that's an impressive list!

Just bought my first "Limited Run" game, Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove!
    Just popped up on the feed and I said to hell with it.
    I really enjoyed the original, though I was never terribly good at it.
    I have the sequels on the Megadrive and Xbox too, so the physical copy is nice to have in the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Taking Delivery today of a few switch games

Let's Go
    Pokken Tournament
    Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Super Mario Party
    Super Smash bros

€156 for the 5 games delivered from Amazon Germany (hope the language works out)

Got an email to say Toejam and Earl is winging it's way from Limited Run Games for my Switch.
    Can't wait.

Got a funny one, 99 cents each for two 32gb Samsung micro SD cards from Argos one has gone in my new 3ds XL the other I'm buying world of final fantasy Maxima on the eshop and that's going on that.

Collecting my Mortal Kombat from Argos tomorrow morning it'll be feckin August by the time I play it backlogs are fun.

• Advertisement

Has been heroes for €10

What have I done

Advertisement