Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Has been heroes for €10

What have I done

Picked up Trailblazers for €13.99 in Argos, seems weird but fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Has been heroes for €10

What have I done

Bought that in the early days. It's clunky at first but quite fun once you get the rhythm of it, but not sure how itll fair in a world where it's competing with more than 1-2-Switch to be your other Switch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Leisure suit Larry for €32 in CeX

The ironing is delicious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Toejam and Earl arrived from Limited Run.
    Looks very nice, has a very cool instruction manual that hankers after the original Megadrive manual.
    It also features a reversible cover to give it that classic look too.

Played the Megadrive collection at the weekend Alex kidd and toejam and Earl were the highlight

Got to stop buying more switch games I've only went and bought xenoblade 2 to add to the backlog which now includes Megadrive Collection Mario Odyssey Skyrim Tales of Vesperia Octopath Traveller Diablo 3 Dark Souls Assassins Creed 3 and Saints Row 3. I went with Mortal Kombat 11 over Leisure Suit Larry but who knows I might get that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Played the Megadrive collection at the weekend Alex kidd and toejam and Earl were the highlight

Got to stop buying more switch games I've only went and bought xenoblade 2 to add to the backlog which now includes Megadrive Collection Mario Odyssey Skyrim Tales of Vesperia Octopath Traveller Diablo 3 Dark Souls Assassins Creed 3 and Saints Row 3. I went with Mortal Kombat 11 over Leisure Suit Larry but who knows I might get that too.

Yeah you can get into a flow of buying bargains when you see them, or just splashing out on games you defo want to play, it can become a pass time in itself, i had to stop myself and just start playing the bloody games :D

Had some stuff to trade in and picked up Yoshi's Crafted World in CEX.
    Looking forward to having a go later

Got Mario Maker 2 not sure I am gonna enjoy playing it at the moment might put it up on trade thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mario Maker 2 and Bloodstained both arrived in the post today. Gaming bliss! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got Mario Maker 2 as one of my €99 for two games digital deal. I've got a 400gb card in my Switch and think this is actually a really good way to buy new AAA releases. You get €5 back in gold coins so for €95 I'll get Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Will probably do the same for Dragon Quest and Pokemon this autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got Mario Maker 2 as one of my €99 for two games digital deal. I've got a 400gb card in my Switch and think this is actually a really good way to buy new AAA releases. You get €5 back in gold coins so for €95 I'll get Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Will probably do the same for Dragon Quest and Pokemon this autumn.

I did the same, got Mario Maker and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I'll likely do the same for Fire Emblem and Pokemon as well. I prefer to go digital so it's working out pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just put in my pre order for Astral Chain. Don't think I've ever pre ordered a game before but I'm placing supreme confidence in this one :)

I had €22 left over in a CEX voucher, so ordered Taiko no Tatsujin for a further €18

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Was over in amsterdam for the last week, found a few game shops, got shaq fu on cart for a fiver

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got dragon quest builders 2 today , can't wait to get stuck in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Bought a new house recently. Ive got my own games room but need some more stuff to kit it out. Gonna be a fun process. Anyone ever order anything off the Displate website? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Bought a new house recently. Ive got my own games room but need some more stuff to kit it out. Gonna be a fun process. Anyone ever order anything off the Displate website? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Yep, ordered a few (non game) posters from Displate and they are great quality. Really handy to put up and look the part.

Planning to get some Nintendo themed ones for my son's room when he graduates from the box room :-)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had €22 left over in a CEX voucher, so ordered Taiko no Tatsujin for a further €18

This just arrived this morning, looking forward to giving it a lash later on!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This just arrived this morning, looking forward to giving it a lash later on!

Did you go for the drum controller yoke as well? Or just the game?

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote: »
    Did you go for the drum controller yoke as well? Or just the game?

Just the game, I'll order a drum controller later on

On holidays down here in Kerry, on a spin out to Killarney.
    Of course had to drop into GameStop here, and they had a copy of Toki for the Switch, which I had to buy, of course!
    Only €29.99 with the extra bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Got my Astral Chain S.E.

Box is bigger than I thought (iPhone 5 alongside for comparison)

The artboard is cool, the soundtrack cd and game as you'd expect. The Legion Pin is pretty cool. The artbook is cool and will appeal especially to those with an interest in game artwork and design and all that. The only slight disappointment is that the artbook doesn't have a hard cover.

XPpvfGfl8ZV3TF_mEIsC_I9LEUhnW2VmMwgM6gJiOhZHqJSdxDncn9ioD-PQvHw-TY7aN_300yd5GeAmA3T1mcTzf1TRp365rx3KAqZVnkTmCj2BqgdGs_-Gy54MoP42Bx7tsf99GCW9Ft0kw5PNMixY42hDpOl6CHq02qgJOogx894I2M_Xe1W9eScqpt0k87hQrZ3iBj8GAWM0jc6tzZnBv4kAftqK7hd6F7VAZnJiLdFxCWsMkOxkEp0p9w9REBu2tXajsZtriHuiCrpdW4FXlom4rx8OLwrIuPY42gK08Ncm_2LxKb2COZNkOKWn2OXtc74BelQfM4qq5PYTcXSqy1BUe6tE1Juqs7G0A6jjtY4_-ROY6oeFFDcupoaoc8InyzFSUy3q9uTmtZ7zYdhy0nZHc2Alnd1idIDiEQ19BEnmJrjHVbJZWBpaNze-qchXBUgOq6q-BZQAtW3xKBlHx87z5T07-LjCvIXz8LWQCgje1FB0lN3e5O-zbBXwd7G-oFTxMb3M00XxUD3bYrR9MCTzdReFbfWyw6BcE12t0y0o8bgllFzGcBHCKXW-oqKzh4DSQkVPSU8O6YXbyPBPVcIs-Tg7XaqmruAfLcpz8GIdi6UEAHc6eXwIaCSqtV8r0qt7TSV9Bng8LyaG-1m3mzlF7QEx6RdRBmtKqJo_guzvw7Tv1ERzxIL16oPoLrhTWeX37tHDLMc2DDqDdIG85_luHSyBIBI5FBMAUDnk1eCi=w1000-h650-no
    YHvcSlhQXowNfgWQYJo9MZsEOl3U5A252aoOiWUOV52iJgapj42w9c-bRR6CiZ48f950y74nR836R1SIBRsj4eBvjH5syRGcxiuDn_IIdG641YGIBRTOFGQYjzMyn_IZbE_E6b18sNR7KsZOlVM-mODCGoVnkLnEF0EdoJaWqdqZcJsy6wEHL7MG8u37va0MRUhkofvCXRvvoZ5hVCtdis7Bk1YvBVG3DEA1nu5OwfZwg0HMCD5g6XZ9sfScwOnTYftAXRyP7AGiw1Eu3FiaEHUKcUyGbilKC0omPOgxI0bwlD5ooSUs13opDSkEeahsKR6hPZwNWcGo3PkuAh3ICVyM8Vmi5CXJ5IhlOF4zEfNWryHMB1blOy-rhawikWCDhanY2aKVphlFsp1yXLweE_HGDfjMDi-0sB20kK_ULOMIegiWX8CYpgbPtFX-7AKiwG5tMPyYi_aEjczRJ9SznNqzvcQXCM7rnAoRCox8lt9FWwF8zPm9W7JMwuPLQ2IgPcyM6gG2joRphBs32Hjqy5n5s2eubkcS1vNCRwmdMzaM2eBPYR2uINobf-cLaIBjC4XST2suxV_3m9ux-gz7z0tWt07Du1tIv3b5MDnYE3bio_LABkqNzxPD7IQhRhNWDlIC6G6gjbqelb-7w-mq9NWUC4dwbPUWSK0so19cxzCw3XswOaJOLUMtJD_9QX-KuyI4mvcFKWWKxQpnRgI_LU0aQaq4C5vOniYTT57XpScpodqt=w2000-h900-no

I got a lovely six button, Hori controller for my Snes, perfect for SF2.
    Also X for the Gameboy, which is kinda like Battlezone/Starfox

Donkey Kong II, Game@Watch incoming.
    Not a bad price, €30.
    Adds to the collection.
    It's always nice to pick one up.
    Love to own Fire, Parachute and Octopus, but they are very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got the Daemon X Machina Orbital Edition few days ago. Very nice special edition.

IMG-20190918-175742.jpg

IMG-20190918-175439.jpg

IMG-20190918-175447.jpg

IMG-20190918-175637.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Lovely little metal case for Switch cartridges. They fit great, it's solid and less than a tenner.

Metal 8 in 1 game case for Nintendo Switch (plus 2 memory card holder) travel storage wallet - silver | ZedLabz https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0744Y13F6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sGHIDbJ39WCAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

I picked up ikaruga for the GameCube last week, good condition with manual. Another one to add to the list of games to get through on my favourite console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

The MAYFLASH Magic-NS Wireless Controller Adaptor works great with with Wii u Pro controller on Switch. So, for about 20 quid you can ressurect that controller and take advantage of its great battery life and d pad. No motion control so not so good for e.g. BOTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Picked up Transitor and Cuphead in the sale. Not bad for less than €18 after my gold points.

Advertisement