Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Big splurge and bought a pre-owned Hori RAP arcade stick for the Switch.
    There's such a range of great arcade games on Switch, as well as original titles that will be even better with a proper arcade stick.
    Can't wait to get home to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Received the SNES Switch Online controller today. Feel almost the same as regular SNES ones, texture is a little bit rougher than original and it feels very slightly smaller although could just be me thinking that.

IMG-20191022-165319.jpg

IMG-20191022-165343.jpg

Finally received Celeste from Limited Run Games. It got majorly delayed when they were adding in the 'Farewell' DLC but it's too good of a game not to be worth it. Came with an 'apology for the delay' card and a collectible shiny card as well. There's also a pretty beefy manual included as well, which is a nice change for Switch games.

IMG-20191029-143954.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I finally picked up the Crash trilogy for the Switch.
    Playing the first of the series, remember just how annoying it was then, and how badly it compares even now to Super Mario 64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

So the Link amiibos they out back into production shipped...
    Never thought I'd beat the gougers on these

• Advertisement

Actually bought a couple of games from the oh-so-tempting eShop over the last week or so.

Sturmwind Dx is pretty damn good, being one of the final titles released on the Dreamcast it has made it's way to the Switch and is a brilliant scrolling shmup.
    Also got When Skilifts Go Wrong, which is a cross between a bridge builder and Trials, in a nice low poly style.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

These bad boys turned up yesterday. Started playing the Switch handheld recently but couldn't use it for long, joy-cons are too small/thin to be comfortable. These are much better imo.

chaI515.png

In The Hunt has just popped up on the Japanese Eshop.
    It's an Irem developed arcade game, from the team who went on to make the Metal Slug series.
    Instant buy for me.
    And it plays very well too.

Toki: Retrollector Edition came today from Gamestop Black Friday sale.

IMG-20191121-165049.jpg

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends arrived at work this morning, Hooray!

I can't wait to get home and play it, nice to have a physical edition too.

Doesn't seem to be getting a physical release in the States, only a short issue from Limited Run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Finally took the plunge on a 2DS XL yesterday. Got the Mario Kart bundle. Looking forward to delving into that back catalogue now. Any recommendations on essential titles welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

skerry wrote: »
    Finally took the plunge on a 2DS XL yesterday. Got the Mario Kart bundle. Looking forward to delving into that back catalogue now. Any recommendations on essential titles welcome.

That's a bargain alright !

A link between worlds is a great game.
    Renting items and tacking dungeons in any order + link's 2D switch power.
    = awesome!
    Need to finish it before someone breaks our 2DS XL :)

Super mario 3d land - great game.

Ocarina of time - fantastic ... but I really don't have time to play it again.

Luigi mansion 2 ... TODO ... but gets great reviews.

All available as nintendo selects ... so actual nintendo physical discounts !! e.g. < 20 quid new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

conormario wrote: »
    That's a bargain alright !

A link between worlds is a great game.
    Renting items and tacking dungeons in any order + link's 2D switch power.
    = awesome!
    Need to finish it before someone breaks our 2DS XL :)

Super mario 3d land - great game.

Ocarina of time - fantastic ... but I really don't have time to play it again.

Luigi mansion 2 ... TODO ... but gets great reviews.

All available as nintendo selects ... so actual nintendo physical discounts !! e.g. < 20 quid new

Will look out for some of them so. Never played Ocarina but have it on Gamecube (think it came with Wind Waker). Argos have it for 16.99 I think.

Mainly got it for the Zelda games and JRPG's. Gamestop have Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona Q2 and SMT Strange Journey Redux for 19.99 each at the moment so might pick them up although I'm not sure if I should just wait for the Switch version of Xenoblade next year. Need to confirm if Xenoblade will run on 2DS XL

Santa is bringing me and Cidonalad different examples of Nintendo goodness this year...

Of course, I appear to be bankrolling in both cases.

His is a Switch Lite, Pokemon edition, and a copy of Pokemon for said console.

Mine, is a little more... esoteric and ancient...

image-1093812-galleryV9-nrwf-1093812.jpg

While his is tucked away in the house, mine is winging it's way from Japan, hopefully here for Christmas... then the challenge of finding a display in my house that will take a Japanese RF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Does it do arkanoid ? :)

conormario wrote: »
    Does it do arkanoid ? :)

This is Arkanoid's dad!

Essentially it plays Breakout, as made by Atari, but instead of a cart and a set of paddles on the 2600 it is a dedicated console.
    But it looks lovely and I can't wait for it to get here!!

Big problem really will be getting the Japanese RF to play nice with my televisions, I'm hoping one of them has it buried in some sub-menu as a legacy, seeing as they were all made in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I got the Switch Lite and Luigis Mansion for €249.99 during the BF sales.

I got the Switch Lite and Luigis Mansion for €249.99 during the BF sales.

Moved from Bargain Alerts as, in fairness, it's a report of something new and ninty rather than an alert to a current bargain.

I've just gotten the oldest possible Nintendo branded console get there is!
    A Nintendo TV Game: Block Kuzushi!
    It's a console, by Nintendo, from 1979, Japan only.
    It plays Breakout, precursor to the Arkanoid games.
    There were several earlier consoles, but they weren't strongly branded Nintendo at all.
    This one was the first big design job by the recently employed Shigeru Miyamoto, he designed the casing.
    I just need to figure how to tune the Japanese RF signal to a modern TV.
    colortvgamebb_4.jpg?w=636&h=477

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I bought Gal Gun 2 for €10 in CeX

The ironing is delicious.

• Advertisement

Picked up Mario Party 5 and Mario Superstar baseball over the weekend. I'm shocked at how expensive the gamecube games have become.

Picked up Sunset Riders for the Snes in CEX Sligo, €50 is a lot of money for a game, but then this is a Konami original cart, and they are perfect gaming jewels, and well worth collecting!

Something you'd be very much aware of but many may not, be careful with the CeX Snes games as there are more than a few French Spanish German and other language carts in circulation throughout the stores these carts are not pan European as that didn't exist for the most part in the early 90s for games check the sticker on the cart in the lower right hand corner it'll have the language.

Bit late now, it's in the bag as it were.
    I don't mind too much.
    If it bugs me I have the receipt and I'll get a refund in my local CEX instead.

Edit: Played it this morning, it's the local version.
    Actually, it has the region protection in it.
    My Snes is modded with a switchless multi-region chip and, as a result, can run anything.
    Some games detect the wrong region, like Sunset Riders, and it needs the "reset" button on the console held down to switch to the correct one, then it worked like a charm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jnID3t4.jpg

Had all the fun this morning, setting up Cidonalads new Switch lite as the primary and my home only device as the secondary.
    Also had to dig through the different accounts and games to download!
    But got there in the end.
    Christmas dinner can wait, Nintendo Switch is more important!

Started my Backlog which I kinda see as new gets

Witcher 3
    New Super Mario Deluxe
    Dragon Quest XI
    Mortal Kombat XI
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Xenoblade 2
    Ni No Kuni
    Mario Odyssey

And a switch lite with Let's go Pikachu to boot

Meeerrrry Switchmas

Some exclusives over the Xmas break

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

uchimata83 wrote: »

Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

uchimata83 wrote: »

DK Jungle Beat is way way better than any platformer controlled with a set of bongos has any right to be.

Advertisement