Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DK Jungle Beat is way way better than any platformer controlled with a set of bongos has any right to be.

It was a real pity that DK Bongo Blast got cancelled and turned into DK Barrel Blast on the Wii, ditching the Bongo compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not me, but just saw this Arlo video.
    I wonder who here can relate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

With Mega Man having his anniversary just recently I got the Japanese Rock Man 5 in 1 collection aka Mega Man to us in the west. Five games with Mega Man 1-11 and Megan Man X 1-8 all collected in one nice box set with room for this years Mega Man Zero/ZX collection. I sort like these kinda old video game collections and when Zero/ZX gets released I'll have 25 Mega Man games in one nice box set which is kinda nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a great pity that the Megaman/Rockman games on the Gameboy never got the compilation release they deserved.
    Apparently it was developed but never released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Just got the yellow Pikachu 2ds XL from Amazon France. Love it. 148 quid new, delivered which is a bit OTT but cest la vie. I still think the dual screen has a lot of merit to it.

Also got some 2nd hand games from GameStops recent 1/2 price offer. Bit annoyed that 2 of the games don't have the original covers, and that wasnt clear at purchase time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Luigi 3 for switch and a Celica amiibo earlier this evening.

My daughter says I need professional help. :)

Ah the professional help is worse sometimes was going through a very dark time in 2013 and a fubbin doctor treating me for a very significant issue asked could I get them GTA V for PS4 what we do in comparison is nothing. :)

Am I the first here to admit to buying Ring Fit Adventure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CastorTroy wrote: »

Dude I would love to get it, I played a ton of all the Wii Fits. 75 euro is steep though. How is it?

• Advertisement

Well it's a nice square box. :) Just bought it this evening
    Do have to laugh at the fact that while the PEGI rating is 7, the USK rating is 0. Clearly the Germans start earlier.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Isn't it the best selling switch game at the moment in Japan ....maybe new year resolution stuff. But it looks like something that'll have legs and keep on running for years :)

Yeah and it was sold out everywhere until this week I think. Smyths just got it back in.
    Maybe bandwagon jumping but like a lot of people, I was joking about it when revealed but since hearing it's meant to be a decent workout with the game giving you incentive, I figured I'd try it

Just picked up G-Loc from the Japanese eShop for just under a tenner, it's pretty cool.
    Also, Panzer Dragoon, following the Direct today.
    However, I have to say, I prefer the original on.the Saturn, as nice as the new visuals are they just drain the original aesthetic and replace it with a more generic high fantasy theme that we've all seen a thousand times already.
    Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Quarantining should hopefully have a health benefit now :P

IMG-20200410-144052.jpg

Got same in a huge box from Smyths.
    Not sure if there is room to play this properly with my setup.
    Might need another dock for sitting room.

Hopefully they produce more games that can use the same controls. Was thinking a beat em up might work well. Or a Zelda , Mario themed game...

Didn't watch it, but saw a video online of a guy playing Dark Souls 3 using the Ring-con.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corholio wrote: »
    Quarantining should hopefully have a health benefit now :P

IMG-20200410-144052.jpg

I got this as well. Did the exercise where you need to squeeze in and hold then release when told. Managed to do 101 but nearly died so I've enough Ring Fit Adventure for a few weeks :pac:

When you are fit enough you can fit the ring around your waist :)

nintendoo wrote: »
    When you are fit enough you can fit the ring around your waist :)

Does it come in 7xl

• Advertisement

If anyone has a tip on non-scalper prices for Ring Fit when it's available again, please post in the topic or PM me.

I've had all I can take of youtube workout routines.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

If anyone has a tip on non-scalper prices for Ring Fit when it's available again, please post in the topic or PM me.

I ordered from Smyths last week, still waiting to see if it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In stock for delivery in Smyths.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/ring-fit-adventure-nintendo-switch/p/183188

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I still have that in the wardrobe. Worrying about the mrs finding it and asking me how I paid for it is helping me sweat off the pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Mr E wrote: »

Nice one. Had a go at Wii Fit the other day but this will be a good addition.

Banjo wrote: »
    I still have that in the wardrobe. Worrying about the mrs finding it and asking me how I paid for it is helping me sweat off the pounds.

:)

I was a sucker and bought this too. Currently on top of the wardrobe. Think I might need it soon - before my body seizes up completely :)

Looks like Smyths are doing a great job of securing Switch stuff. Or maybe Ireland has not reached peak Switch yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't buy it. It makes you look like a jackass and can make you hate anyone you play with.

Although I don't care because I'm the record holder in this house :pac:

I think Smyths cleared out their warehouse and are now sourcing stock from in the stores last week when the neon V2 switch popped up on the site it showed in stock in some stores.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Don't buy it. It makes you look like a jackass

Jokes on you, I already look like a jackass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I got it this morning, whoever said it was tough was right! And whoever said you look like a jackass doing it was also right lol.

Advertisement