Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Picked up Mario Kart Double Dash and Luigi's Mansion for GameCube on Facebook the other day, got them for a good price too, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Received the Kickstarter Backer edition of Wonderful 101 with holographic slipcase.

IMG-20200626-205250.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    Received the Kickstarter Backer edition of Wonderful 101 with holographic slipcase.

IMG-20200626-205250.jpg

Me too!
    Mine just arrived this morning.
    The holographic slip case is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Me too!!! [Only arrived 5 mins ago!]

Class case!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Think of the poor peasants who have to make do with a retail copy, or worse still the digital version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Has anyone any experience of ordering from Displate? They do some cool Nintendo prints that im thinking of getting to pimp out my games room. Just wondering what kinda quality they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Think of the poor peasants who have to make do with a retail copy, or worse still the digital version!

Life's hard enough without rubbing this in. And it's not a great port on the switch and and and Anyway I decided I'm not a collector. I think :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Look what arrived today!! I forgot that they were bundling a soundtrack CD with it.

(Sorry, I don't know how to put the picture directly in my post!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Has anyone any experience of ordering from Displate? They do some cool Nintendo prints that im thinking of getting to pimp out my games room. Just wondering what kinda quality they are.

Yep, would highly recommend them. Really easy to hang up and great quality.

Picture attached of ones I recently put up in my son's room.

They regularly have discounts so I'd hold off ordering until you see an offer pop up.

Splurged today
    Got the Space Invaders Invincible Collection from the Japanese eShop, after seeing that it was getting a limited physical release, but thought the digital version would be fine.
    Why wait, I asked myself, so I got it from the Japanese shop instead.
    Also went for the Namcot collection, which hasn't cost me too much and looks lovely.

• Advertisement

Finally, my physical copy of the Shmup Collection is on its way from France!
    I can't wait, and was so so tempted to just buy the digital versions as well.
    While they aren't the games they mould themselves on, Raiden, Gradius/Salamander and Cybernator, they do look pretty great in their own right, especially Wolflame, the Raiden style game.
    In truth, I would pay almost any money to get Raiden/II/Dx on Switch, and this will have to do until someone gets their finger out and makes it happen.
    And, no, Raiden V just isn't the same :(

Edit: arrived this morning, just had a go, as predicted the influences are obvious and they all play... fine, but none are as good as the games they wish they were.

Not strictly just for Nintendo but my 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ controller arrived yesterday.

Really easy to pair to the Switch. Only tried it out with some SNES games so far but it feels much better than the normal Pro Controller for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where did you get it? Amazon?

Mr E wrote: »
    Where did you get it? Amazon?

Yep, from Amazon. Worked out at €41.19 with the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Not strictly just for Nintendo but my 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ controller arrived yesterday.

Really easy to pair to the Switch. Only tried it out with some SNES games so far but it feels much better than the normal Pro Controller for those.

In a similar vein, set up the N30 from GameStop for €15 with the switch. Had to update the firmware to make it work but it's all good now, plus works with the classic mini consoles using the included dongle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Not a new Ninty get exactly, more of an old Ninty resurrection. Managed to locate my Gamecube plus all accessories and 2 joypads in the parents attic. Mario Sunshine, Windwaker and Metroid Prime too. Happy with that find, hopefully all still working OK, must fire them up later and see.

skerry wrote: »
    Not a new Ninty get exactly, more of an old Ninty resurrection. Managed to locate my Gamecube plus all accessories and 2 joypads in the parents attic. Mario Sunshine, Windwaker and Metroid Prime too. Happy with that find, hopefully all still working OK, must fire them up later and see.

Mario Sunshine hasn't aged a day, screen resolution aside.
    I must give it a whirl again...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Bought Ni No Kuni today also bought a wired switch controller in Argos for €7.99 weird purple colour

Mario Sunshine hasn't aged a day, screen resolution aside.
    I must give it a whirl again...

Must fire it up later. Looking forward to revisiting Metroid Prime too, loved that game, unreal soundtrack .

Gamecube fired up no problem. They don't make em like they used to. Forgot you need a memory card to save to so will have to source one before getting stuck in.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Must fire it up later. Looking forward to revisiting Metroid Prime too, loved that game, unreal soundtrack .

Metroid Prime is a remarkable game, the sequel the same, just brilliant.
    If anything, they were less ambitious with the third in the Prime series, but it was still great.
    My GC collection isn't huge but there were such great games on there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Mario Sunshine is really hard compared to the other 3D Marios! The controls are so skittish that I've seen the game over screen playing it recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mario Sunshine is really hard compared to the other 3D Marios! The controls are so skittish that I've seen the game over screen playing it recently!

The Secret levels are buzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyria Chronicles 4 on eshop for a combined price of €22.99

Bought Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyria Chronicles 4 on eshop for a combined price of €22.99

Brilliant games. Finished VC last year and loved it. Bought VC4 afterwards but got distracted by another shiny game and only getting back to that the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Like the alternative history story am hopeful the strategy aspects are fun too didn't realize 4 was such a big file I'm gonna download 1 now they should keep me occupied until Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is out in a few weeks

Got some box protectors for my N64 games. All the boxes have been in my parents' attic for years so was a nice trip down memory lane getting them sorted. A few work in progress pictures attached. I plan to do the same with the SNES games next.

I got a Brawler Pad for my N64 at the start of the week.
    Brawler-64-Nintendo64-N64-Controller-Brand-New-1st.jpg

I have yet to try it but I will, first up will probably be Wave Race 64, the NTSC rumble version, have to try to find time along side Super Mario 3D Allstars

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

I have yet to try it but I will, first up will probably be Wave Race 64, the NTSC rumble version, have to try to find time along side Super Mario 3D Allstars

Hope your one is alright. My {A) button had a tendacy to get stuck after a few quick presses. Had to take it apart and swap the little plungers from another unused button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I bought 2 of these, one blue, one green and I can't recommend them highly enough! They work so well for Goldeneye, No Mercy and Mario Kart!

I also picked up a pal Super 64
    https://gamesconnection.co.uk/collections/super-64/products/eon-super-64-plug-and-play-hd-out-adapter-for-the-nintendo-64-pal

I'm very happy with it, the only issue I have is that it doesn't support NTSC games, my plan was to get an Everdrive and put NTSC games on it, so I'll have to come up with another plan!

Advertisement