Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tesco madness on again in Clarehall, I got Pikmin on Wii and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics on DS for €3 all in, just need a way to hook my Wii upto my laptop now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

gubbie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be gloating about buying Sex and the City 2...

:-O

You take that back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Surely the elephant in the room is the €5 James Franco movie? It doesnt even look like it lives up to *his* standards and he was in the interview....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    Surely the elephant in the room is the €5 James Franco movie? It doesnt even look like it lives up to *his* standards and he was in the interview....

Have you seen it? Its actually not bad Spring Breakers, and hes certainly not the main attraction in that film. ;)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have you seen it? Its actually not bad Spring Breakers, and hes certainly not the main attraction in that film. ;)

Mmmm Disney Trash. :P

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

I remember Busty St Claire's speech when she accepted the best supported actress Oscar for Spring Breakers. So moving..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know it's not him, but looks like Lucas Black on the cover for The Guest. I hear it's good.

Dunno if said it here, but my local Xtravision has 2 copies of ZombiU on display. One with that 9.99 sticker and another with 59.99 or something crazy like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The last few ninty things I bought were:

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (last game bought and beaten last year)
    Attack of the Friday Monsters!
    Crimson Shroud
    Solatorobo: Red The Hunter
    Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Rune Factory 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Etrian Odyssey on the DS for €9.97 in Gamestop Charlestown, a good price for a game that is hard to find in the wild.
    Thanks O1s1n for the heads up!
    I have also found Etrian Odyssey IV for the 3DS but it is €44.99!
    I think I'll give this one a blast and if it's amazeballs I'll scrape together the fundage and pick up the sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few days late, but I won't hear anything bad said about the avant-garde masterpiece that is Spring Breakers. How that film managed to sneak into multiplexes still amazes and amuses me.

Anyway, erm.. Nintendo. I picked up a copy of one of the Boom Blox games for two euro. Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up Etrian Odyssey IV in GS in Swords, preowned, for a pricy 39.99 today.
    I could have spent it on something else but this is a rare enough title to see in the wild so I bought the bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Splinter Cell Blacklist and Hyrule Warriors added.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Had a long week last week (family member had major surgery), so I treated myself to Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze yesterday. Great game and it looks fantastic in HD. :)

The last 2 Wii U games on my wishlist are windwaker and the Bayonetta pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Mr E wrote: »
    The last 2 Wii U games on my wishlist are windwaker and the Bayonetta pack.

Windwaker seems to be hard to locate now for some reason. Kicking myself for not picking it up for £25 around the black Friday weekend on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Missed the new stock of Pikmin 3 in GAME yesterday but managed to bag a copy of The Wonderful 101 instead. Tropical Freeze on the way from Gameseek but Wind Waker still on backorder from Amazon.

That just leaves LEGO City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Super Mario 3D World to get. Still on the fence with Hyrule Warriors, mainly because I'm trying to determine whether my love for Zelda outweighs my dislike of the Dynasty Warrior games. :o

Get Windwaker and Bayonetta 2. That gives you your Zelda fix and a superior mashy-smashy fix.

Banjo wrote: »
    Get Windwaker and Bayonetta 2. That gives you your Zelda fix and a superior mashy-smashy fix.
    Order has been placed for WW via Amazon, just waiting for more stock to come in.

Bayonetta 2 was the reason I bought the Wii U (when I did, as opposed to at all) in the first place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Picked up Fantasy Life for the 3DS recently.
    Also got two parcels of amiibos from Game during the week.

Toon Link got a parcel all to himself, while Bowser had to share with the rest.

I was never a huge fan of the dynasty games but have just surpassed 200 hours in hyrule warriors, the game is incredible and with the dlc you could literally play it forever. I dont know why but it just never gets boring. Was up there for goty for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I was never a huge fan of the dynasty games but have just surpassed 200 hours in hyrule warriors, the game is incredible and with the dlc you could literally play it forever. I dont know why but it just never gets boring. Was up there for goty for me last year.

Must be near that time spent myself. I'm trying to fasttrack my levelling up with stacking EXP stuff which works like a charm. So EXP&Rupees + in a weapon slot, the new EXP potion in the apothecary and lots of focus spirit just before killing enemy captains. That'll level you up loads in just one fight!

Oh and go for as many network links as possible; loadsa cash there to be had for levelling up other characters.

• Advertisement

During lunch today...
    We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on January 24 2015.

"The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo Wii U)"
    Estimated arrival date: February 10 2015

And then this afternoon...
    We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo Wii U)"
    Previous estimated arrival date: February 10 2015
    New estimated arrival date: February 07 2015

oAaALbf.gif

(I've never played WW at all :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_njcvsnJBSR1u9p36io1_540.jpg

I don't have a problem buying games, I can quit any time I want......
    But seriously, I waited to buy GBA games when they were crazy cheap, and I missed out, so now I'm not gonna miss the chance with the Wii and DS.

Nice find with the Castlevania!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dawn of Sorrow! Great game!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Dawn of Sorrow! Great game!

All the castlevania games are. Sadly though they are on a downward spiral since they reached the pinnacle of Castlevania games on the N64.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    All the castlevania games are. Sadly though they are on a downward spiral since they reached the pinnacle of Castlevania games on the N64.

Blasphemy is wrong just wrong, say sorry to Super Castlevania IV or face the wrath of Simon Belmont.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Nah, the GBA and DS Castlevania games were great.
    Wasn't the n64 one awful?

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nah, the GBA and DS Castlevania games were great.
    Wasn't the n64 one awful?

Both N64 games weren't loved and I was trying to be funny.

Love the DS/GBA ones myself, the Metroidvania ones.

I think Castlevania might actually be my favourite series of games and the music is sooooo good!

I have them on the SNES, PS and Gameboy but have only really played Symphony of the Night

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have them on the SNES, PS and Gameboy but have only really played Symphony of the Night

I actually haven't played Symphony of the Night yet. Cheapest way to get it is on the PSP, right?

Advertisement