Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to eircom

Options
  • 30-06-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am moving to your company from UTV and received my order confirmation the other day. At the moment i am waiting to receive an installation date Could you tell me how long it takes to hear back and as my contract ceases at midnight tonight with my old provider, how long I can expect to wait for the actual installation?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chasm wrote: »
    Hi, I am moving to your company from UTV and received my order confirmation the other day. At the moment i am waiting to receive an installation date  Could you tell me how long it takes to hear back and as my contract ceases at midnight tonight with my old provider,  how long I can expect to wait for the actual installation?  
    Thanks
    Hi chasm

It can take up to 15 working days. I will be unable to check the ststus but if you contact the sames team on free phone 1800503303 they will be able to help.

Also, even if the contract with the other provider ends it's usually not automatically renewed meaning service will resume until the change over.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Hi, I am moving to your company from UTV and received my order confirmation the other day. At the moment i am waiting to receive an installation date  Could you tell me how long it takes to hear back and as my contract ceases at midnight tonight with my old provider,  how long I can expect to wait for the actual installation?  
    Thanks
    Hi chasm

It can take up to 15 working days. I will be unable to check the ststus but if you contact the sames team on free phone 1800503303 they will be able to help.

Also, even if the contract with the other provider ends it's usually not automatically renewed meaning service will resume until the change over.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, i will give them a call and see what they say, 15 working days is very off putting tbh.
    I'm with utv who are transfering customers to Vodafone, so going by what you say that means i will get 2 bills in July, one from Vodafone and one from Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks
    Hi chasm

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, i will give them a call and see what they say, 15 working days is very off putting tbh.
    I'm with utv who are transfering customers to Vodafone, so going by what you say that means i will get 2 bills in July, one from Vodafone and one from Eircom?

Hi chasm

The service can only be active under one provider and thus billed by that same provider. I'm unaware of the vodafone take over of UTV renews contract but I highly recommend contacting UTV to find out.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement