Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport parking

Options
  • 30-06-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of preferably free or cheap parking in or around the airport for an hour or two ?

I've to meet some clients off a late flight for work there tomorrow night but looking up parking in the short term car parks it says €3 for the first hour and €4.50 thereafter which could end up being pretty expensive if their flight gets delayed or some other mishap occurs.

I was thinking Alsaa but I'm not sure at the time will it be open

Any suggestions ?

I don't mind a bit of a walk (within reason) !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You could drive someone near the airport (Swords or Drumcondra / Santry maybe depending on where you're coming from) and keep an eye on the flight, head off when you see the flight land and you'd be there, parked and in arrivals well before they disembark and get through passport security and baggage claim. It would only cost you €3 then if you're not having to hang around the airport with them for long. That's what I'd do anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

You could drive someone near the airport (Swords or Drumcondra / Santry maybe depending on where you're coming from) and keep an eye on the flight, head off when you see the flight land and you'd be there, parked and in arrivals well before they disembark and get through passport security and baggage claim. It would only cost you €3 then if you're not having to hang around the airport with them for long. That's what I'd do anyway!

Good idea but I inevitably will have to hang around as I've to organise them onto coaches, some into taxis and make sure everyone knows where they're going / no ones missing etc

Why can't we have a bus service past 23:30 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Just use one of the long term car parks which are 6-7E for the day and get the (free) shuttle bus to the airport. They usually come every 15 minutes so just arrive in good time, get the shuttle to the airport and sit down with a coffee while you wait for them.

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Just use one of the long term car parks which are 6-7E for the day and get the (free) shuttle bus to the airport. They usually come every 15 minutes so just arrive in good time, get the shuttle to the airport and sit down with a coffee while you wait for them.

Do the shuttle buses operate late at night ?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Do the shuttle buses operate late at night ?

24 hour

• Advertisement

How did it go OP?

Sugar Free wrote: »
    How did it go OP?

Was grand ! Managed to get parking in the Clarion instead as its free for the first two hours there (only noticed it driving by at the last minute) with a courtesy mini bus.

Getting all the clients organized was a different matter altogether though :pac:

Advertisement