Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can someone transfer money to me in the US, easily & cheaply, from BOI

Options
  • 30-06-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My father was to send me some money but said it is too expensive to do so. What charges could the bank be adding above the 5 euro listed on their website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi bnowlan

Thanks for your query. 

We have sent this onto our Group Payments Department, as soon as we hear back, we will come back to you here. 

Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi bnowlan 

We have checked this for you, as you correctly mention, your father will be charged a set fee of 5 euro for the international transfer when transferring to your US bank account via Bank of Ireland 365 Online. 

The foreign exchange rate on the day will also apply, the 5 euro charge and the rate will clearly be visible on line when your father is making the payment.

There may also be a 20 cent charge, this is a transaction charge and is set out in our Personal Fees & Charges Brochure here

It's possible your bank in the US may charge their side when they receive the payment, you could contact your bank to help with this question.

Not sure if you've seen this page here on our website about International Non SEPA Payments, it has some handy information. 

Hope this helps to understand the charges. Any further questions, feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement