Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can receive but cannot send emails.

Options
  • 30-06-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I use vodafone on my mobile and eirc:confused:s. Can send and receive on my pc but while I can receive , I cannot send on my mobile. I have tried but eircom and vodafone to no avail. Any ideas of a possible fix >

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I imagine this will affect connections from mobiles too, you need to make sure the SMTP server is the one from the ISP. If your mobile provider is Vodafone, you should use theirs. However if you're connecting to a home router, from a different provider, e.g. UPC, Eircom, you should use theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Sorry my msg was garbled. When I use my phone to access eircom.net and read my mails I can do so , however I can't seem to reply or send messages using my mobile phone (vodafone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

smtp server is being used but still cant send.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

shawnee wrote: »
    Sorry my msg was garbled. When I use my phone to access eircom.net and read my mails I can do so , however I can't seem to reply or send messages using my mobile phone (vodafone)

It's as the previous poster has told you - when sending e-mails you need to use your own network provider to accept the e-mail and send it on, in this case Vodafone. So in your mobile phone settings you will need to tell it to use the Vodafone SMTP (outgoing mail) server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Are you talking about 2 different phones here?
    In what way are you accessing the mail, via web browser or a phone-based POP3/SMTP client?
    If a web browser, my comments in post 2 don't apply
    However if you have a wifi-capable phone and connect thru wifi to a non-vodafone provider, you must use that provider's SMTP server

• Advertisement
Advertisement