Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject Advice

• 30-06-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I am currently just finished Transition Year and I received a letter from my school regarding my subject choices.....
    I always thought that my leaving cert subjects would be Business, Accounting, History and French but however Business,Accounting and History are all on the same line so now I have decided to do Agricultural Science, Accountancy and French..

I have absolutely no idea what I would like to do in college(thinking maybe Accounting or Primary Teaching) but I am 100 percent certain that I what to do these three subjects but confused on my last option

Choices are
    Chemistry or
    Geography or
    Biology

I am pretty sure I dont want to do Biology but really stuck between the other two!!

Any advice would be sososososo appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clairesempire

If you're thinking of doing primary teaching you need a science and sometimes ag science isn't accepted you're best bet is to go for biology or chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

Would geography not be useful for primary teaching also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

If you're stuck between chemistry and biology for a choice... Keep in mind chemistry is considered (generally) to be much harder however the course is shorter (we finished before Christmas of 6th year). If you don't like the subject or make yourself like it you will find it quite difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Having History and Accounting in the same group is quite awkward for you, as if you're considering primary teaching History would have been very useful to take ... not essential, but definitely useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Biology is really easy, easy A for points. Chemistry is grand if you're willing to work-very predictable papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lalalau1

I seem to have been misunderstood slightly but I prefer least to do Biology ! Hated it during TY my choice really is Geography or Chemistry!

Advertisement