Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting the flab

Options
  • 30-06-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭

I used to be a very fit & active person but life intervened.

I am 31 years of age, 5ft 9 and weighed in this moring at 16st 2 1/4lbs. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease just over 4 years ago and got very sick & lost a lot of weight and dropped to about 11 stone.

I got married in June last year at an overweight 14st 7lbs.

14 weeks ago was the joint happiest day of my life when my wife gave birth to our gorgeous baby boy. I also got a new role in work around that time which is going very well & my Crohns is under control.

So apart from being shattered tired I want to get fit and lose weight. The long term target would be a toned fit 13st but I am setting a target to get to 15stone 2 1/4lbs by the 17th of August as we are going on our 1st family holiday.

So I started this morning with a walk/jog of 3.09km in a time of 24:50.

My food intake today was

Bowl of Corn flakes with skimmed milk
    2 Cups of tea with 3 sweeteners
    Apple
    Salad of lettuce, baby spinach, tomatoe & red peppers with bit of balsamic
    2 litres of water with lemon wedges
    Slice of spinach & feta pie (home made with puff pastry) and grilled mushrooms on the side
    3 fig rolls

Hoping by writing a log it inspires to keep me going. I'll try to remember to post daily & I am looking to go for the walk/jog 4 to 5 days a week

Advertisement