Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing an old infraction

Options
  • 30-06-2014 9:23pm

I got a infraction some time ago (from 16-10-12) that I am sadly still annoyed with. Dropbox were doing a third level institution promotion (space race). I believe it was for every new join up everybody at that college would get extra space.

So since I am a UL graduate I went to the UL forum and posted about it. Now the ever so slightly naughty bit is that I included a referral link to the offer. Next thing I know it sceptre hits me with an infraction. So I was going to make a extra bit of space for myself!!! I was trying to help everyone at the bleeding college make more space for themselves. And this is Dropbox...not some dodgy site.

If you check my history you can see that it's the only infraction I have received in the last two and a half years. I think an infraction was harsher than harsh. He/she could simply have deleted the thread and if feeling generous pm'd me. I'm a reasonable guy and I did indeed post again about the offer without the referral link to prove this. I see other posters getting away with far worse.

I throw myself upon your mercy. Hopefully I won't get the hackneyed "you've been here long to enough to know that blah blah blah". You still make mistakes no matter what age you are.

Basically the infraction is bollocks. I did try to discuss it with sceptre at the time but got nowhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sorry, that was nearly two years ago. It is quite unreasonable to expect mods and CMods to go back rooting through posts to investigate this.

I thought since it was computerised it would be the same process as looking up an infraction from two years ago as two days ago? It's all stored in a database is it not? As I said I made the post on the 16th October 2012. Sceptre deleted the thread and I reposted without the referral link.

I can give you the link to the reposted thread if it helps at all Tom? Surely there's some record of what transpired?

I realise it's barmy to be disputing it now but I didn't know I could appeal it at the time and I do feel it was very very soft.

I realise it's barmy to be disputing it now

Well there you have it.

So let's put it behind us and move on.

Fair enough Tom. :) Thanks for your time and you might be so kind as to slap a "resolved" on this. I'm off back to the asylum.

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement