Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffie Measurement Question

• 30-06-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Could any of ye with staffies or staffie crosses (preferably shorter ones) give me a measurement of your pupster's chest? I need width and length (left to right and down as far as legs) :D

Crocheting jackets for a few staffie friends and want a rough measurement template to work with!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

This might help. Phoes measurements that I took when he was getting a jacket made. Hopefully you can open it. I'm too lazy to type it now but if you can't open it lemme know and I'll do it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Whispered wrote: »
    This might help. Phoes measurements that I took when he was getting a jacket made. Hopefully you can open it. I'm too lazy to type it now but if you can't open it lemme know and I'll do it tomorrow :)

That's perfect Whispered I can convert to inches from there! Normally I stick to patterns that are breed-specific, but the staffies in question are all different so it would be nice to have a jumper that might fit them all a bit better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ah you're so good making them jackets.

Phoe isn't a very big staffy at all, well built but a lil short ass :)

One issue I notice with jackets on him is at his shoulders. On the usual coats, you know the ones like a blanket held on with straps, If there are no front sleeves and there is no extra strap across the front of the chest his bulky shoulders push the front two corners out so it looks a bit like a cape billowing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Funny the pattern calls for ickle sleeves so hopefully won't have that problem :o Think the main thing is keeping them warm this winter though, so if they're a bit baggy I reckon it will be okay!
    Poor Shadow is jealous he isn't getting a coat!

Advertisement