Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 Leinster Senior Hurling Final - Dublin v Kilkenny - Sunday 6th July @ 4pm

• 30-06-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Are Dublin going to do the double or can Kilkenny reclaim the Bob O'Keefe after 3 years?

And how much influence will the referee have on the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clashoftheash

T0001 wrote: »
    Are Dublin going to do the double or can Kilkenny reclaim the Bob O'Keefe after 3 years?

And how much influence will the referee have on the game?

It's Barry Kelly. He WILL have an influence on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

It's Barry Kelly. He WILL have an influence on the game.

Ryan O'Dwyer will be sent off so....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clashoftheash

Ryan O'Dwyer will be sent off so....

Or Henry....:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is Sutcliffe still injured or will he be fit does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

It is extremely difficult from a Kilkenny point of view to discuss the senior in-so-far as we can name at most ten definite starters. I assume Dublin have for the most part a settled team. Brian Cody has said it will be horses for courses this year and since I do not have any particularly good knowledge of this Dublin course I will have to accept the point of view of those who know more however though I could be wrong I believe Sutcliffe is not going to be ready but even if he is Cillian Buckley is the man for him. After that all I know is we have to break at least even with the Dublin full and center back, do that, and we will go a long ways to winning it. Center and full forward will be key choices for Kilkenny and Colin Fennelly is not the man for center this Sunday. I have no idea how good or bad Padriagh Walsh is in the position (Thanks RTE and Sky, The GAA and the Leinster Council) but the papers are singing his praises after last Sunday.

It is redemption time for the minors and even a one point loss is not acceptable unless the starting fifteen are so spent they can barely crawl off the field at the final whistle. Dublin hammered us out the gate in the Nowlan park and it is pay back time. No disrespect intended to the Dublin minors but there is a lot of last pride at stake here and if these Kilkenny boys can't find it for next Sunday they will never find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

adrian522 wrote: »
    Is Sutcliffe still injured or will he be fit does anyone know?

Daly said this of him last night:

“He did a bit over the weekend alright,” Daly said last night. “He was back to the consultant again (yesterday), and the news is relatively good. The fracture has healed up fairly well. Tomorrow night (Tuesday) is a big night. We’ll probably play a bit of a game and see if he’ll be able for it. So I’d say he’ll be in the 26. He could play some part. Whether that’s a full part, well tomorrow (Tuesday) night and Friday night will decide that really. He’s a huge player for us, obviously.

“But he’s mad for road. He’d tell you he’s fine alright. He goes full out. That’s the way he plays. You nearly have to hold him back. But we’ll certainly give him every chance.”

Should be a great game on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Should be a good one. Don't think Dublin have the forwards to expose the Kilkenny defence because that's where they are most vulnerable I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Barry Kelly has been confirmed as the referee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Should be a good one, I just think the two extra games will stand to kilkenny. Don't think the break will have done Dublin good.

Its like 2012 all over again, star player coming back from injury, Dublin highly rated against the cats.
    I just fear I maybe looking at 4-11 to 9 points again.

I just hope I'm being overly pessimistic.
    This game will need goals to win the match, Dublin just don't look like scoring goals.

Still though at least it will be two great games on the day I'm looking forward to the minor game also.
    Still I'll be roaring and shouting until the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Looking forward to it but i'd say our chances of winning are slim.

KK will be hungry and those extra games should have greatly benefited them.

Cats to win by 6.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Going to the Leinster final for the first time. As far as I am aware the stand tickets for the Munster final would be 30, so 20 for students. Anyone know if this is the case for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I have no idea how good or bad Padriagh Walsh is in the position (Thanks RTE and Sky, The GAA and the Leinster Council) but the papers are singing his praises after last Sunday.

Padraig did very well here last Sunday. Got some great long range scores and of course set up the goal for Taggy. I wouldn't have any fear of Padraig at CF for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Or Henry....:(

Could Henry be sent out of the dugout? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Going to the Leinster final for the first time. As far as I am aware the stand tickets for the Munster final would be 30, so 20 for students. Anyone know if this is the case for Sunday?

It's 35 for the stand, 20 for students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bit of a different set-up when matches are in Croke Park.

For the match on Sunday:

Hogan Stand (No Concession) - €35
    Cusack Stand - €35 (Rebate of €15 for students)
    Davin Stand - €35 (Rebate of €15 for students)
    Hill 16 (NO Concession) - €20 ​

Note for students:
    Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of €15 when they produce appropriate I.D. at Block D, Stiles 1 to 5 in the Cusack Stand (Rebate can only be claimed on entry into the stadium via Block BLOCK D prior to ENTERING THE STADIUM).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

In fairness much bigger overheads to run Croke Park!
    Semple stadium doesn't exactly have the extra facilities, an extra €5 is a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

coolisin wrote: »
    In fairness much bigger overheads to run Croke Park!
    Semple stadium doesn't exactly have the extra facilities, an extra €5 is a bargain!

Plus the quality of hurling in Leinster is much better :D

Bit of a different set-up when matches are in Croke Park.

For the match on Sunday:

Hogan Stand (No Concession) - €35
    Cusack Stand - €35 (Rebate of €15 for students)
    Davin Stand - €35 (Rebate of €15 for students)
    Hill 16 (NO Concession) - €20 ​

Note for students:
    Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of €15 when they produce appropriate I.D. at Block D, Stiles 1 to 5 in the Cusack Stand (Rebate can only be claimed on entry into the stadium via Block BLOCK D prior to ENTERING THE STADIUM).

Thanks, haven't been paying for my own tickets until this year, and I do remember having to get concessions in the Cusack (even if you were in the Canal End) but wasn't 100% sure because I've never been to a Leinster final and it's 3 years since I've been in Croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Tickets cost €35 for the Munster Final, football and hurling.

Just posting to bring this back to the first page. Looking forward to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Enjoy the match and i hope someone remembers to bring the McCarthy Cup.

According to the 9 News on RTE TV last night, the All Ireland Hurling Final is on in Croke Park today.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Enjoy the match and i hope someone remembers to bring the McCarthy Cup.

According to the 9 News on RTE TV last night, the All Ireland Hurling Final is on in Croke Park today.

And you think about the stick Sky Sports are getting.

The Sunday game also tweeted just after the Wexford game 'Dublin have retained the Leinster title for the first time 60 (or so) years' before correcting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

2 mins gone but already can see KK winning this at a canter. Hope I'm wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

herrity should not have come out there!! soft penalty to give away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

KK defense is beyond comfortable so far, Dub management need to change something fast because if KK can add on another 3-4 points they will be very hard to catch.

richie hogan is a joy to watch..he never wastes a ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dublin very lucky that Fenelly let off the worst handpass ever there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭roshje

Jaysus some messing by the dublin backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dublin think they are playing gaelic football with all the passing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

First point from play for Dublin after half hour.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dublin ball handling is woeful

How many steps did the ref let buckley take when he was running through on goal? thought he was gonna try go for a try

Dublin's tactics look poor. They're playing only Dotsy inside and hitting in high ball in. If they want to carry the ball out they should be trying to link up with the likes of McCrabbe, Keaney and Sutcliffe on it a and shooting. Or else put more inside and play direct.

Hogan is reeling in the years and giving an old style commanding performance so far.

KK should be a good bit more than 4 points ahead at halftime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Jackie Tyrell is lording it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

KK should be a good bit more than 4 points ahead at halftime.

KK of old would. Walter Walsh wouldn't get near the team 4/5 years ago, and TJ is quiet in general play so far, as he can so often be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

First point from play for Dublin after half hour.

4 from 7 for Dublin. 8 from 13 for Kilkenny.

Clean game so far. Not a fantastic game. Kilkenny cleaning up a lot of the loose balls. Dublin being murdered in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Kilkenny are doing quite well but should be further ahead. Dublin attack is poor. Dull enough match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dublin definitely over-complicating things, they keep playing it short but they're not pulling it off at the moment, Kilkenny making lots of hooks, blocks & interceptions.

Stupid penalty conceded and poor enough shot stopping by Herrity too.

Kilkenny really should have a couple of goals- Fennelly hit one straight down the middle at Nolan; and the other... bloody hell, he could have almost walked it in. Brilliant flick by Nolan to block the handpass, and did well to get off his line so quickly, but awful from Fennelly tbh.

Nolan has been really good, his anticipation is excellent. KK defence well on top, although they look slightly vulnerable when they get run at but the likes of Keaney, Sutcliffe, McCrabbe have been very very quiet.

For KK, Larkin has been immense and Jackie Tyrrell is playing very well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The entire back half for Kilkenny are sitting pretty, no real Dublin pressure despite the 7 scores. We seem to haveajor difficulty getting into the Kilkenny half. Our handling is woeful and Daly needs to give them a change of tactics and a bit of a hairdryer to wake them up

• Advertisement

Dublin looked to be very bunched on that forty. Literally crashing into each other.

Kilkenny imperial so far but i feel they can be got at if Dublin leave the three inside. Leaving a spare man to be able to look up and make a no pressure clearance, perhaps even pick out a man....absolute insanity.

4 points up but in reality it could be over. You have Dotsy and Clancy inside who are well able to take on their men. For god sake Daly leave them in there and put Keaney back on the forty where he is most effective.

Attendance is 32,567.

Does Herity actually play in goal for Dunnamaggin? He looks to me to be a player that has been shoehorned into being a goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭roshje

Dublin want to be more direct stop this fancy passing, not working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kilkenny were only 2 point favourites for this :eek:

Dublin are so far off the pace here it's embarrassing

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Dublin are so far off the pace here it's embarrassing

Bit like Tipp were against Galway yesterday after 51 minutes ?

Dublin need to get the ball and run, use their pace. This handpassing game they're trying to invent isn't working. Have to go more direct.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

kk are having too many wides!

It will take some effort for someone to dethrone Richie Hogan of HOTY.

• Advertisement
Advertisement