Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 Leinster Senior Hurling Final - Dublin v Kilkenny - Sunday 6th July @ 4pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Dublin need to get the ball and run, use their pace. This handpassing game they're trying to invent isn't working. Have to go more direct.

But when they're running, they're taking it into contact and being dispossessed.

STB wrote: »
    Bit like Tipp were against Galway yesterday after 51 minutes ?

The sloppy goals aside though we were level for most of the game

Mens' final at Wimbledon is better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MfMan wrote: »
    But when they're running, they're taking it into contact and being dispossessed.

I know, there completely clueless. Running when they should be striking it and striking when they should be running. The backwards handpassing doesn't help either.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The sloppy goals aside though we were level for most of the game

You were trailing by 9 points at 51 minutes. 1-15 to 4-12. It was only the last 20 minutes Tipp outscored Galway by 2-10 to 1 point!

Not that Dublin have the same werewithall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Kilkenny are doing all the hurling but Dublin are still in this. They will probably need a goal to win.

Kilkenny don't look as invincible as they used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kilkenny look to be stuck in third gear.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

John Power has missed those chances Kilkenny created, still has a bit to go yet. Rushe coming more into the game while Paul Ryan looks sharp though. Keepers are outstanding.

Kilkenny look to be stuck in third gear.

Thats just it. I dont think they have more gears like they used to. They are still a great team but the gap isnt as big as it once was

• Advertisement

Marty not wired up to umpire's signals...

The Dublin goalkeeper has being magnificent for a debutant. Maguire will have his work cut getting his place back with this lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Where's the Dublin full back line? Kelly was on his own there...

Marty not wired up to umpire's signals...

He's wired wrong full stop.

12 mins without a score for Dublin at a time they are badly needed just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Thats just it. I dont think they have more gears like they used to. They are still a great team but the gap isnt as big as it once was

being out 3 weeks in a row doesnt help either

im surprised taggy came in for john power, thought he was playing well. i would have taken off eoin larkin..hes not doing much today

Piss poor call from the ref halfway up the pitch....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Dublin getting murdered here, death by a thousand cuts. Gutting to watch, I feel as lacklustre here in the stands as the performance I'm viewing

Unsure about KK fans' misgivings re: Barry Kelly.

Only a matter of time before a Kilkenny goal. Nolan can't keep them out forever

Alan Nolan for me MOTM. Fantastic debut

If I'm being honest here, neither of these sides will win an All-Ireland if they play like this. Kilkenny have been poor, The less said about Dublin the better.

• Advertisement

Herity to his credit has grew in confidence as the game has gone on.

Dotsy's miss there sums up the day

andyman wrote: »
    If I'm being honest here, neither of these sides will win an All-Ireland if they play like this. Kilkenny have been poor, The less said about Dublin the better.

Who's forwards are worse, Dublin's or Galway's? Wexford the really unlucky county in all of this; had they played v Dublin as they played yesterday, they would be here.

andyman wrote: »

im not so sure, no team have performed exceptionally well so far in the championship. not much between the top teams. and with michael fennelly to come back in still i feel kk will be there or there abouts come sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Is it just me or do both teams not seem too interested? They've both seemed very casual throughout the whole game imo.

Taggy has been absolutely class since coming on.

Who's forwards are worse, Dublin's or Galway's? Wexford the really unlucky county in all of this; had they played v Dublin as they played yesterday, they would be here.

That's not unlucky. You show up on the day or you go home, despite what marvellous performance you may have in the tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

Only one All Ireland contender on show today,Dublin are rudderless
    Seem run in opposite direction when in possession? What's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Dublin's long problem of a lack of quality up front is shown up again today. Very disappointed with McCrabbe.

donnem33 wrote: »
    im not so sure, no team have performed exceptionally well so far in the championship. not much between the top teams. and with michael fennelly to come back in still i feel kk will be there or there abouts come sept

Oh don't get me wrong, of course Kilkenny will still be there or thereabouts, but some of their wides today have been criminal. They haven't really been great today and a side like Cork will punish them.

• Advertisement

Paralysis by analysis was a very apt description of how this game has panned out for Dublin. That first half done the real damage to them psychologically. Kilkenny the most consistent team we've seen so far. They have the materials out of anyone to win any type of game. They never panic and are so finely in sync with each other. Henry Shefflin going on 36 and 3 points from play. Double scores now and yet people signalling the autumn for Kilkenny. They could win this All Ireland at a canter.

Wexford were playing a 14 minute man team for a large part of that game, were miles clear and still couldnt close the game out. Car crash stuff. For Dublin, the tactics were madness today, Wexford would have been murdered against Kilkenny, like they will be in the replay against Clare.

Gone to 5 at Wimbledon....!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Could be in a bit of hot water there for saying the referee is 'a man who doesn't understand hurling'.

Bit of a stupid comment to make.

Wexford were playing a 14 minute man team for a large part of that game, were miles clear and STILL couldnt close the game out.

Wexford would have been murdered against Kilkenny today, like they will in the replay.

Doubt they would have been any worse than Dublin. At least they have men who can hurl and score.

Dublin would be a lot closer if they had better tactics.

I am not that impressed with Kilkenny besides a few stand outs.But they have the win so thats good for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Disappointing but I guess Dublin will live to fight another day. Much better performance required in the quarter final though

Lapin wrote: »
    Could be in a bit of hot water there for saying the referee is 'a man who doesn't understand hurling'.

Bit of a stupid comment to make.

I agree.I thought the Kilkenny player took too many steps and thats what the free was for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Kilkenny strolled through that game, another disappointing provincial final, Dublin were really poor. I was worried about their lack of firepower but I expected much more than that- their big names didn't shine and tactically, they seemed clueless too.

KK weren't even that impressive, little flashes of brilliance but they struggled to put Dublin away for long periods and they would have in the past. Missed goal chances too.

I wouldn't fear either of those sides based on their displays so far this year.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Disappointing but I guess Dublin will live to fight another day. Much better performance required in the quarter final though

think of any the round 2 qualifier winners will fancy their chances against dub tbh

Daly has been using that xtra defender/sweeper system since 04 against
    KK when he was clare manager and it Never works against an half decent team

Good news for Dublin fans and also for Kilkenny fans to celebrate.....

Turner and Hooch is on after the game on RTE2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

It has now come to a stage where Daly for all the great work he has done is holding this Dublin team back

He is tactically poor and has a soft spot for players who are not up to it and are passengers in most games i.e. McCrabbe and McCaffrey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Dublin's good season bad season yo-yo continues. They have probably come as far at they can under Anthony Daly and there's a few players there who you would have to think they won't win an All-Ireland with. Another blow for them was losing the minor badly to Kilkenny after hammering them earlier in the year.

1-9 is a very poor total in any hurling game. They hung in there for a long way but 12 pts was the minimum that highlighted the difference between the sides.

Kilkenny showed major hunger, passed up a few good goal chances but were never in any serious trouble.

Once again it was highlighted that KK will give up goal opportunites to teams but they made a number of good last ditch saves but a more ruthless team than Dublin would punish them but they look to have the bit between their teeth.

Who will stop Kilkenny, have Cork the all round quality to do it? I don't really see anyone else this year stopping them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Same score as the football match earlier

• Advertisement

Doubt they would have been any worse than Dublin. At least they have men who can hurl and score.

Which is nonsense really when Wexford couldnt even beat Dublin in Wexford Park this year or last year.

Which is nonsense really when Wexford couldnt even beat Dublin in Wexford Park this year or last year.

Well at least the confident enough ta go 15 ta 15 unlike a team I just watched!!

68deville wrote: »
    Well at least the confident enough ta go 15 ta 15 unlike a team I just watched!!

In English please.

Who will stop Kilkenny, have Cork the all round quality to do it? I don't really see anyone else this year stopping them.

Kilkenny seem to be able to up their game when they want to. Galway put 31 points past them and still didnt win. Today Kilkenny were in second gear towards Dublin who read a very bad tactical script, that simply didnt work. Kilkenny much hungrier for the ball, especially in the rucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

68deville wrote: »

What? Dublin have out performed Wexford in every way possible over the last five years. Ye have one good game yesterday which in the end ye still didn't win and now you are taking shots at Dublin hurling? There is a reason they beat you last year and this year and are ahead of Wexford in hurling. I have nothing against Wexford hurling but hearing this sort of rubbish after just one good performance that still wasn't enough to win the match even with an extra man annoys me.

Wex do go 15 ta 15 good r bad and that sweeper yarn doesn't work,limits
    Damage yes but up against KK your at nothing

• Advertisement
Advertisement