Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I want to cancel our service with these. Not happy. They don't respond to emails or answer their phone. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

They're rubbish.

Maybe send them an old fashioned letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Cancelled my account with them 6 weeks ago. Still haven't taken away there bins yet despite ringing them twice. Really are a woeful company. Letter is probaly your best bet and just change over to someone else.

I'm open to suggestions as to what to do with these bins actually seeming as they don't seem to want them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bazlad

Same experience with me.
    Im on the prepay service, but their online portal doesnt show the monthly fee, so hard to work out where the payments go each month.
    Anyhow last month they look to take 19.50 from the account, and i was on holidays, but there was only 16.60, so 2.90 short. So they decide they arent going to lift bins that week, but of course still take the 16.60 knowing that they wont be providing the service. 2 weeks now without service.

When i tried to contact them, their agents were as disinterested as ever.
    They peddle this line that they arent withdrawing service, but of course not lifting a bin is a withdrawal of service.
    Im not paying for something that they didnt provide, so its the last money Greyhound will get from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Same experience with me. Back to City bins for me.
    Brown bin should have been collected on Friday was collected Sat evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

My parents bins are out since Wednesday and haven't been picked up. Not the first time, and no reply from Greyhound.

As for where to bring the now unwanted bins, why not Dublin City Council, seeing as their name and logo are all over the bins (at least in my parents case they are).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

When I wanted rid of them I contacted them through their Facebook page. May not suit everyone but I always got a reply fairly quick. What a way to run a business :rolleyes:

Greyhound Facebook page.

brembo26 wrote: »
    When I wanted rid of them I contacted them through their Facebook page. May not suit everyone but I always got a reply fairly quick. What a way to run a business :rolleyes:

Greyhound Facebook page.

Ok, have posted there, wonder if that'll get a response.....

jjpep wrote: »
    Ok, have posted there, wonder if that'll get a response.....

Well they only operate the page during business hours but I reckon you will be more successful that way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

A nightmare to deal with. They picked up the bins pretty expediently though when we cancelled. it seems everyone has major issues with them, they must be losing lots of custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

brembo26 wrote: »

Greyhound Facebook page.

Although not with Greyhound, the last time I had an issue with the bin company not taking back bins despite numerous calls and emails, I eventually sent them an email stating that from XXXX date on, I would have no choice but to impose a storage charge on their bins of €7 per week until they were collected. By telling them that you would charge from a certain date if they are not collected, you have the basis of a contract, and can threaten legal action, even if you don't follow it up. In any case, after 6 months trying to get them to collect the bins,they were collected within a week of sending on my email regarding charging them for storage.

• Advertisement

Well my post on their fb page seems to have been deleted....

Have you tried mailing them rather than posting on the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Can't you just cancel the direct debit or whatever it is you use to pay them? Their own problem then if they continue collecting your bins or sending people to do so

Hi op, I got a reply and a promise to have their bins removed by friday via their Facebook page. I'll update friday evening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rowr

Greyhound are the biggest cowboys going. Promised me the world last year and got a great deal of them. After few months they stopped collecting and had bins filled for weeks.

Coincidentally I got my refund cheque of them today in post. Took me 3 months of hassling their call centre, and lying to them to speak to the supervisor. They came 2 weeks ago to remove bins and it wouldn't give them as I didn't get cheque, and they were a bit aggressive in their approach to get the bins. I ended up telling them last week I was putting the bins on donedeal for 50€ and this would cover what they owe me, and by magic a cheque arrived in post.

Well, it's 5 to 5 and the bins are still sitting in my drive....

jjpep wrote: »
    Well, it's 5 to 5 and the bins are still sitting in my drive....

Terrible carry on.

I was actually moving out of an apartment when I requested them taken away. Think it was a week or two before they were actually removed. I was out of the apartment and in a new place at the time.

I just left them out on the street. Once they were notified where I was leaving them on the day of the move it wasn't my problem what happened to them after that as far as I was concerned.

Advertisement